• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Last summer, Cena put over Owens in a big way, then his merch sales dropped a little bit and they panicked and immediately went back to putting Cena over. Then Cena left, comes back for five matches and is injured for 4 months.

If only they could have done something to build new stars, what a dillema. I feel really bad for WWE's bad luck.

Browny

Banned
With Cena gone (which does suck), there's only one man who can give the rub to Roman, make him strong at WM:

350x700px-LL-60d6783a_rhao6.gif

Honestly - the next three months of booking are going to be hilarious. They've had the best part of 3 years to build up the next crop of main event stars - they managed it with Rollins and Bryan, and Roman too (to a degree), but they dropped the ball hard in other areas. Yeah, it sucks to have half a dozen people out at once, but when one person drops you have to immediately get another moving in the right direction.

Ambrose, Bray, Barrett, Ziggler, Cody should all be in a decent enough position so they could be in one of the top three WM matches. I'd argue that Ambrose is the only one suitable, along with Owens.

Shit, this makes me pine for late 90s / early 00s WWF main event booking. HHH, Austin, Rock, Angle, B****, Taker, Kane, Foley, Jericho - all completely interchangeable at a moment's notice.

Jamie OD

I think Cena will have enough of a freakish recovery to be back for Mania. The next month or two though, yeesh it's going to be rough unless the booking goes absolutely nuts with calls up and the new signings.

He was in the developmental system back when it was Deep South. He had such a negative experience there that he's been hesitant to come back. WWE has come calling, but he just hasn't really wanted to answer. With NXT becoming what it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see that change, though I could also see him staying in NJPW for a while considering he's now the de facto top heel.

I watched a Japanese documentary with Omega that was posted on reddit last week. granted it was from 2012/3 but watching it Kenny loves it in Japan, doesn't sound like he'd ever want to leave.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know what's funny? Seeing several Japanese fans on the internet saying "Go to WWE, Shinsuke. New Japan sucks."

Wrestling fans are the same everywhere, I guess. :lol

MG310

Ambrose, Bray, Barrett, Ziggler, Cody should all be in a decent enough position so they could be in one of the top three WM matches. I'd argue that Ambrose is the only one suitable, along with Owens.

Shit, this makes me pine for late 90s / early 00s WWF main event booking. HHH, Austin, Rock, Angle, B****, Taker, Kane, Foley, Jericho - all completely interchangeable at a moment's notice.

Ambrose might be a decent choice for Taker. Though I'd bet they'll give that spot to (in this order) Sheamus, Del Rio, or Rusev.

Ambrose would probably get a ladder free reenactment of the Hardy/Taker match.

Menome

Rollins can't walk...

Sting is dead...

Cesaro is crippled...

Bryan would die walking to the ring...

Orton is wounded...

Cena's arm has fallen off...

WWE needs a saviour.

An intellectual saviour.

Aiii

So not worth it
The worst part about that joke is that Sandow could easily be an upper midcarder that in the past could have been slotted into the main event for a while. But in 2016? Lolno.

Browny

Banned
Ambrose might be a decent choice for Taker. Though I'd bet they'll give that spot to (in this order) Sheamus, Del Rio, or Rusev.

Ambrose would probably get a ladder free reenactment of the Hardy/Taker match.
Fuck, I completely forgot about Rusev. There's another that should be top tier main-eventing.

Xater

You know what's funny? Seeing several Japanese fans on the internet saying "Go to WWE, Shinsuke. New Japan sucks."

Wrestling fans are the same everywhere, I guess. :lol

The gras is always greener on the other side? I don#t know those people sound crazy to me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
every wrestler who was champion at wrestlemanai 31 walking out are now injured

KingBroly

Banned
I have to think WWE has to think Daniel Bryan should come back soon. Especially with Cena out. They can't afford to not have him out much longer. They need names, big ones, to fill out that Mania card.

Bryan v. Nakamura at Wrestlemania. Make it so.

The worst part about that joke is that Sandow could easily be an upper midcarder that in the past could have been slotted into the main event for a while. But in 2016? Lolno.

I think that applies to a lot of the roster. Even though I'm not a fan Ziggler was over as fuck for a decent amount of time, but they did absolutely nothing after he won Summerslam and "saved" the company for a week or two.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roman headlining Mania against Lesnar again isn't just the Vince thing to do, it's pretty much the only option at this point.

Teeth

They are never going to really push Ziggler again because of his history of concussions. They are deadly afraid that he is one bad bump away from not being medically cleared to fight again. They likely feel that they can't build a program around him, so he'll always be the fill-out-the-card guy or last minute saviour.

Plus he isn't a great face or great heel.

Thank Nowinski for proving that concussions are cumulative rather than independent.

Foffy

Banned
They are never going to really push Ziggler again because of his history of concussions. They are deadly afraid that he is one bad bump away from not being medically cleared to fight again. They likely feel that they can't build a program around him, so he'll always be the fill-out-the-card guy or last minute saviour.

Plus he isn't a great face or great heel.

Thank Nowinski for proving that concussions are cumulative rather than independent.

Why did people assume they would ever be independent? Things cultivate and "build up" on itself. Why would concussions be a special snowflake in the entire cosmos.

Cena's injured? 'Mystery' veteran coming back?

This has been the most news-heavy week in wrasslin' in a long time.

If they want to boost the Mania card, why not get Balor and Zayn feuding for the NXT title, give exposure to the feud on Raw and then have the match at mania?

AJ has the opportunity to walk into a main event spot (just as he did in NJPW) and that's a very good thing. Until Reigns pins him clean.

Any word on Sting's injury or potential HOF induction this year?

Cena's injured? 'Mystery' veteran coming back?

This has been the most news-heavy week in wrasslin' in a long time.

If they want to boost the Mania card, why not get Balor and Zayn feuding for the NXT title, give exposure to the feud on Raw and then have the match at mania?

AJ has the opportunity to walk into a main event spot (just as he did in NJPW) and that's a very good thing. Until Reigns pins him clean.

Any word on Sting's injury or potential HOF induction this year?

They still have TakeOver: Dallas, so Balor vs. Zayn is needed there.

They still have TakeOver: Dallas, so Balor vs. Zayn is needed there.

Of course. That's a shame though - generally i'm against the idea of too much NXT on Raw (or an invasion angle), but I could get behind Mania title defences. Give exposure to the top NXT guys on the main stage for a few weeks, then remove them after the manis match. The crowds will be much hotter for them when their call-ups happen a few months later that way (in theory at least).

Teeth

Why did people assume they would ever be independent? Things cultivate and "build up" on itself. Why would concussions be a special snowflake in the entire cosmos.

Because most people rarely get more than a few in a life time.

Because the thought of actual brain damage from head bonks that come years apart is terrifying.

Because bones and skin and stuff mostly heals fine.

Because the brain is very complex and is capable of rerouting thought patterns to socially compensate for losses in brain function (ask anyone who has lived with someone in the early stages of Alzheimer's )

Because the people who tended to get high numbers of concussions were often thought by greater society to have lower intelligence in the first place (dumb athlete/fighter stereotype).

Confirmation bias.

Aiii

So not worth it
Zayn should be on the main roster, they already had him debut, that's dumb in itself.

Owens should be WWE champion. There's not a person on the roster with a better defined character and better promo ability right now, legit. This is a guy that can carry a program into Mania that people will care about. I'd want to see someone shut him up and take his title from him. I'd pay to see that. I give no shits about Reigns winning his title back over Triple H.

With Cena out, its time to stop the bs unless they want to completely tank their ratings, Vince appearances are already down due to diminishing returns.

Get rid of the authority. Stop trying to make Reigns a main event guy when he just isn't. Stop benching Bryan out of fear of death (esp. if the guy is correct when he states doctors judge his brain in better shape than is normal for his age).

And for fucks sake: Stop not pushing guys out of fear that they'll become to big and develop an ego that makes them think they don't need to necessarily depend on WWE. Seriously, this is a big thing that seems to happen in WWE where they have to have the upper hand over their independently contracted wrestlers. They have to make sure everyone knows they're just wrestlers, nothing more. Is it because of CM Punk? Or earlier when Batista and Lesnar left after the company pushed them big?

rrc1594

I don 't blame Roman, I blame WWE's shitty as booking. Rollins is my fav on the roster, and I rarely watched him during his title run. They can't build a match. I mean what was the last great title run? No fuck that good title run?

I'm genuinely intrigued to see what kind of crazy ass booking WWE are going to throw together in the wake of all these injuries.

Time for another Kane event, Wrestlemania edition, he's earned it more than the rest of those jabronis on the active roster.

I don 't blame Roman, I blame WWE's shitty as booking. Rollins is my fav on the roster, and I rarely watched him during his title run. They can't build a match. I mean what was the last great title run? No fuck that good title run?
CM Punk? sort of, I mean he never headlined the PPVs but otherwise it was a fun run.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don 't blame Roman, I blame WWE's shitty as booking.

Good booking doesn't fix his limited moveset. His mediocre wrestling ability in terms of selling and psychology. Or his lack of charisma in promo's.

Booking is part of why Roman isn't a good main event guy, but not remotely the biggest part. The push he's been getting isn't so much the problem, it's the fact that he's not the guy that can take the ball and run with it.

When was Christian in ECW

If that doesn't count, shit, we might have to go back to the 90s

Sephzilla

Good booking doesn't fix his limited moveset. His mediocre wrestling ability in terms of selling and psychology. Or his lack of charisma in promo's.

Booking is part of why Roman isn't a good main event guy, but not remotely the biggest part. The push he's been getting isn't so much the problem, it's the fact that he's not the guy that can take the ball and run with it.

To be perfectly honest, The Rock had just as limited a moveset and when he hit his prime he was overselling everything to kind of a comical degree. So good booking can honestly compensate for a lot of this.

Xater

To be perfectly honest, The Rock had just as limited a moveset and when he hit his prime he was overselling everything to kind of a comical degree. So good booking can honestly compensate for a lot of this.

The Rock also was the most charismatic guy ever and great on the mic.

rrc1594

This. His moveset didn't get better till like early 2000s with the DDT and Spine buster etc....

Fox318

Do Rusev and Lana still have crazy backstage heat?

I mean didn't they essentially get Summer to lose her roster spot?

miserable

the bolded part can easily be applied to Cena too, yet that didn't stop WWE from shoving him down the audience's throat as "the man"

Aiii

So not worth it
the bolded part can easily be applied to Cena too, yet that didn't stop WWE from shoving him down the audience's throat as "the man"

I disagree. He has a limited moveset, but also often surprises by suddenly pulling out a new move.

And while he purposely has a lack of selling, he doesn't have a lack of charisma. He's great on the mic and he's extremely quickwitted, as evidenced by any TV interview he's ever done and his ability to quickly reacted to a crowd and turn their reactions in the direction he wants to.

Say what you will about Cena, but he's one charismatic guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom