• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

FcTuASO.jpg

In a more perfect world he would have retired after winning this

Sephzilla

In light of all these injuries do you think the Andre Battle Royal happens this year? They're going to have to load it up with NXT talent in order to make people give a damn.

Aiii

So not worth it
All of the WM31 champs are out with injury.

Nikki Bella = Out.
Cesaro/Kidd = Both out.
John Cena = Out.
Daniel Bryan = Stretcher.gif
Seth Rollins = Out.

This really has been a terrible year for injuries in the WWE.

Not just the champs:
Orton is gone. AJ Lee retired. Sting is dead. Lana dared to get engaged.

I'm guessing Orton is due to be back soon, maybe he's in the Rumble.

Ithil

In light of all these injuries do you think the Andre Battle Royal happens this year? They're going to have to load it up with NXT talent in order to make people give a damn.

If they have trouble finding twenty geeks on the RAW roster they need glasses.

DMczaf

"The Andre The Gight Battle Royal will now be called Fan Participation Battle Royal! Winner gets a free month of WWE Network!"

Aiii

So not worth it
Orton's out until almost 2017, isn't he?

Oh, is he?

This is what wwe.com said:
“Randy has suffered from a dislocated shoulder. He’s had chronic problems with his shoulder, and a recent MRI that was done found he has a Bankart lesion in his shoulder, some stretched ligaments and a partially torn rotator cuff,” WWE physician Dr. Steve Daquino told WWE.com. “At this point it’s a matter of when he dislocates the shoulder again, and not if. It looks like he might require surgery, and recovery time for such a surgery would be four to six months.”

I guess he's not due back until just before or just after Mania.

Ithil

Just look at all the winners of matches at WM31, not just champions.

Tyson/Cesaro - Both out
Big Show - In, but just recovered from an injury himself
Bryan - Out
Orton - Out
HHH - In, his opponent out
Cena - Out, opponent AND opponent's valet suffered injuries during the year (two for Rusev)
Paige - In, one of her opponents out
AJ - Retired, likewise above
Undertaker - In, surprisingly
Seth - Out

Even people who won in appearances at WM31:
Rousey - Lost, jaw got busted up

I think after mania is a safe bet.

Yeah, this is going to be a crazy time. I'd like to think that it opens up the opportunity for some interesting booking. I mean they let the last chance for that walk on by after Rollins got injured, so getting another chance so soon sounds great!~

Oersted

"The Andre The Gight Battle Royal will now be called Fan Participation Battle Royal! Winner gets a free month of WWE Network!"

They gonna lineup one after another, waiting for getting KO punched and everytime someone gets down they play "...Well, its the Big Shoooow".

Book it.

Ithil

Oh, is he?

This is what wwe.com said:

I guess he's not due back until just before or just after Mania.

Flair said on his podcast that Orton also has a neck injury that will have to be treated after his recovery from the shoulder surgery which was already 7 months, so he may miss all of 2016.

Foffy

Banned
So Nakamura is coming to WWE sooner than later now?

YEAOH!

His New Japan run ends at the end of this month, assuming Kenny Omega's match is this month.

His ROH dates are question marks. I have a feeling it'll be like Styles' situation where he's unfortunately pulled from the cards.

Raw64life

Goes to show you that with the schedule these guys work, injuries are gonna pile up no matter how safe they work unless they just start having pillow fights. Either have an offseason and do it like NJPW where they have breaks in between tours. NJPW works much stiffer and they have far fewer injuries because they actually give their guys breaks.

Reminds me of baseball. After pitching injuries started piling up they started imposing innings limits and pitch counts are all this nonsense, and the amount of injuries hasn't gone down at all.

T_Exige

You all forgot "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry ... after that promo he once cut on Cena ... !
With all these injuries ... the hall of pain is open for business!

Beat 'em up, beat 'em up!

Oersted

Resign Khali. Big Show/Khali/Undertaker triple threat match

Edit:

Oh yeah, Mark Henry is still around

Tag team match of the ages

thefro

Wrestlers are just like fighting game characters. Each needs to be unique, and not everyone needs a billion fucking moves.

It's ok for some to be Paul Phoenix. Keep it simple.

You do need a couple finishers and a decent amount of signature moves to work the current WWE main event style where people kick out of finishers a lot.

Reigns doesn't have the best moveset but he probably just needs a submission hold added to what he's using now.

Isnt WWE high on Sami Zayn? That guy would be able to carry a really good show with Owens. I wonder if the feud is even being considered or if it will be totally dropped

Wait, Roman is not mediocre in the ring in terms of selling and psychology. He just spent a whole tournament selling an injured arm. He has different matches with every "big" opponent, more so than Cena ever did in his run at the top. Where he falls short is in variety of moves and in characterization out of the ring.

Jamie OD

Isnt WWE high on Sami Zayn? That guy would be able to carry a really good show with Owens. I wonder if the feud is even being considered or if it will be totally dropped

I think Sami is staying in NXT for a good while yet. A rumored big match for Takeover at Mania weekend is
Sami Vs Balor for the NXT title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom