• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Seriously think Part-Timer Bryan would work.

Less impact on his body, prolongs his career, and we get someone who can do work-rate matches every year at WM.

Fox318

So WTF? He's one head shot away from basket case?

Hp7VLP3.png

already there

Anth0ny

maybe I'm shooting myself into a work but good guy bryan would never tweet something like that unless the WWE was okay with it

he's cleared, friends. bryan vs. lesnar at mania is a go. he's taking 20 germans.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
maybe I'm shooting myself into a work but good guy bryan would never tweet something like that unless the WWE was okay with it

he's cleared, friends. bryan vs. lesnar at mania is a go. he's taking 20 germans.

I think its possible. Forget Mania, they need people to put on a show at the Rumble, their second biggest show of the year.

Sephzilla

Instead we're gonna get R-Truth twice because he forgot he entered already and was eliminated

I could actually see R-Truth coming out for the match only to get halfway down the walkway and have another wrestler tell him he's not in the match because he forgot to declare himself eligible.

Mahonay

Banned
I could actually see R-Truth coming out for the match only to get halfway down the walkway and have another wrestler tell him he's not in the match because he forgot to declare himself eligible.
Yes please. His completely random interruption last year was his best moment.

Can you imagine, his dream match now may no longer require him to even leave WWE, but WWE refuse to clear him and he still can't get it.

WWE realised Bryan wanted to quit to wrestle Nakamura in NJPW, were so concerned about his health they hired Nakamura so they could stop him. Good guy WWE.

DMczaf

Follow the money, friends.

Bryan is back. Rock is working a match.

Rock/Bryan will work the safest match in the history of sports entertainment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Which according to two doctors he isn't.

The problem is that WWE already is on notice that they think he's got a screw loose. If he murders his whole family and someone comes after them in a wrongful death suit, the fact he signed a waiver and had some doctors say it was okay isn't gonna cut it because they still had at least one diagnosis of "screw loose."

WWE is rightly concerned that any more incidence of "man kills his whole family" that's even vaguely tied to them will kill their Carny Notsport. The NFL just gets away with it because WOOO NFL

klonere

Banned
So WTF? He's one head shot away from basket case?

It's not so much that one huge hit could hurt him, its that the dude should 100% not be doing contact sports as even small impacts will affect him far more than the average person and the cumulative effects of the impacts will lead to a far quicker deterioration of his cognitive abilities.

Again, this is all caveated with the fact that neuroscience is an incredibly complex area and there is so much we are still learning not just about CTE and concussions but the fundamentals of how our brain works!

Why not just let him be a "Special Event" guy like Brock?

Only works 4-6 times a year. I think he's a draw at this point if you make him a rare commodity.

Thing is if Bryan's family or estate decides in 20 years down the line or god forbid, when he passes, to go after WWE "you let him back in the ring that ONE TIME and YOU KNEW it would hurt him yadadada give us money". And we all know how Bryan isn't so hot on doing anything but wrestle so....

WWE are protecting themselves and Bryan in this case imo.

jmdajr

Follow the money, friends.

Bryan is back. Rock is working a match.

Rock/Bryan will work the safest match in the history of sports entertainment.

I think Bryan Taker would be good. I don't know about choke slam through the table spot though.

Either or can work.

Story line doesn't have to be more than. "I WANT A MATCH!"

Mengetsu

I laughed way harder at this then I should of.

The problem is that WWE already is on notice that they think he's got a screw loose. If he murders his whole family and someone comes after them in a wrongful death suit, the fact he signed a waiver and had some doctors say it was okay isn't gonna cut it because they still had at least one diagnosis of "screw loose."

And it's not just about Bryan. If they clear Bryan, they expose themselves to previous members of the roster who might be looking to sue.

They're protecting themselves from those lawsuits.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guys. They let Tommy Dreamer take table bumps. Man of 1,000 concussions.

Don't confuse the fear of getting sued with any kind of legitimate concern for the health of Bryan Danielson.

jmdajr

Thing is if Bryan's family or estate decides in 20 years down the line or god forbid, when he passes, to go after WWE "you let him back in the ring that ONE TIME and YOU KNEW it would hurt him yadadada give us money". And we all know how Bryan isn't so hot on doing anything but wrestle so....

WWE are protecting themselves and Bryan in this case imo.

Who knows man. Just hard for me to imagine Bryan losing it and tearing up his hipster farm in the backyard and then going to binge on Carls Jr. in a V8 gas guzzler.

Sephzilla

This has literally nothing to do with anyone in corporate having a legitimate concern for the health of Bryan Danielson.

It just seems hypocritical that they wont let Bryan wrestle yet they gave the green light to a guy who's, by seemingly all accounts, way worse off than Bryan.

Mahonay

Banned
This has literally nothing to do with anyone in corporate having a legitimate concern for the health of Bryan Danielson.
It shows they overlook it when it's convenient to them.

The ONLY reason Bryan is not being cleared by WWE is because of legal repercussions. Don't get worked, brother. Look at their fucking history. Doesn't take a genius.

Kaladin

WWE issued a survey yesterday asking fans what personalities they would want to watch in reality projects on the WWE Network, listing Zack Ryder, Edge, Ric Flair, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Seth Rollins, Sheamus, Big E, Ryback,
R-Truth, Dean Ambrose, Beth Phoenix, Paige, Paul Heyman, Charlotte, Big Show, Roman Reigns, Lita, Trish Stratus, Dolph Ziggler,The Miz, Mick Foley, Xavier Woods, The Usos and Kevin Nash as choices.

Eh, some of these could be interesting. Give me a Paul Heyman reality show.

Anth0ny

Guys. They let Tommy Dreamer take table bumps. Man of 1,000 concussions.

these marks really think they care about bryan's health

this is about one thing and one thing only. making roman look strong. with bryan in the picture, all the idiot fans will just chant daniel bryan all the time and ruin everything like they've done in the past. just listen to mr. mcmahon's response to those daniel bryan chants on raw a couple weeks ago. and I quote, "SHUUUUUUUT UP".

dreamer, the walking concussion, being cleared proves none of that shit really matters. the thing is, as much as they want to make roman look strong, they need to sell out a 110k seat stadium and 90% of their fucking roster is out due to injury. they might need to bite the bullet and book someone who is more over than roman reigns at mania.

Angry Grimace

Eh, some of these could be interesting. Give me a Paul Heyman reality show.

Xavier I could see getting one since they seem very keen on getting these guys to do projects that don't really have anything to do with pretending to fight.

this is about one thing and one thing only. making roman look strong. with bryan in the picture, all the idiot fans will just chant daniel bryan all the time and ruin everything like they've done in the past. just listen to mr. mcmahon's response to those daniel bryan chants on raw a couple weeks ago. and I quote, "SHUUUUUUUT UP".

dreamer, the walking concussion, being cleared proves none of that shit really matters. the thing is, as much as they want to make roman look strong, they need to sell out a 110k seat stadium and 90% of their fucking roster is out due to injury. they might need to bite the bullet and book someone who is more over than roman reigns at mania.

I don't know does it make me a bad person that when I saw the Cena news I said out loud "Why couldn't it be Roman"

Hard hitting journalist Dave Meltzer had a conversation with a "neuroscience person" and now all of us get to pretend to be experts on brain trauma. Thanks for paying that fraud klonere or we might have missed out.

Sephzilla

i know he didnt leave but did they clear him? the past few posts confused me.

or im still drunk

I think people are speculating that with some of the NJPW talent coming in and the fact that almost all of their main event roster is out through WrestleMania with injuries, that WWE might finally clear Bryan.

Mahonay

Banned

That falls into full conspiracy theory. I think they honestly like Bryan, who they probably view as a great hand in the ring who doesn't complain about not being in the top spot (they just get pissed when the crowd pushes him to the top).

LOL they're not keeping him back so Roman can get over.

Foffy

Banned
I think people are speculating that with some of the NJPW talent coming in and the fact that almost all of their main event roster is out through WrestleMania with injuries, that WWE might finally clear Bryan.

Well, Bryan outright stated he wanted to fight Nakamura as a pitch for Beast in the East last year, no?

Sephzilla

That falls into full conspiracy theory. I think they honestly like Bryan, who they probably view as a great hand in the ring who doesn't complain about not being in the top spot (they just get pissed when the crowd pushes him to the top).

LOL they're not keeping him back so Roman can get over.

Truthfully, I don't think this is entirely out of the realm of possibility considering Bryan being the most over guy on the roster has railroaded Vince's last two WrestleMania plans, and right now Vince has a full on "get Roman over" boner. If Bryan doesn't return by Raw After Mania, the guy is done.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also remember two things about The Rock:

1. He's the only action mega star on the planet right now.
2. He fired his last agent because they didn't want him to wrassle.

He's probably got waivers to do all the wrestling shit he wants to, including matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom