• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

How much farther do you think the NXT/WWN relationship will go? It's been pretty stagnant since it started

It's not the sort of thing to have short term results. You'll start seeing more fruits after a year or two when guys have been groomed for NXT by EVOLVE start getting signed.

Kaladin

It's not the sort of thing to have short term results. You'll start seeing more fruits after a year or two when guys have been groomed for NXT by EVOLVE start getting signed.

Yeah, and that is honestly the best thing about it. It gives someone interested in wrestling a specific path if they want to go to WWE.

Mauro is pretty brilliant. He's doing really great stuff calling the action and getting across the psychology while also staying within the WWE world and making a joke every now and then. I think he can continue to be great even with Vince in his ear if he can keep that balance, same way JR was still great with Vince yelling at him.

UberTag

Mauro is pretty brilliant. He's doing really great stuff calling the action and getting across the psychology while also staying within the WWE world and making a joke every now and then. I think he can continue to be great even with Vince in his ear if he can keep that balance, same way JR was still great with Vince yelling at him.
It'll be a real testament to Mauro if he's able to pull it off. That said, I'm not convinced Vince is doing much yelling from gorilla during Smackdown these days.

Forreal. I need to know what he thinks.

he's probably the single most underutilized talent they have, ever since that all too brief heel "smoking R-Truth" run he had
The Awesome Truth ruled but Truth got Vince's attention somehow and the rest was history. Damn why didn't Vince let him do hi sthing.
Ziggler turned heeeeel
This is the what? 4th time? Cool. I guess he has no where else to go.

Added 1998 Triple H hair to the Fameasser, Sweet Chin Music, and occasional top rope X-Factor.

Had to complete the set.
I never thought of it this way.

Kaladin

Sasha's hurt. Tamina is garbage. Nikki's hurt.

Paige and Natalya should be back soon.

But I hope we aren't complaining about the Charlotte/Becky stuff. It's the best booked storyline on the main roster by far nowadays.

Well, yeah. Becky is essentially Surfer Sting.

If Sasha isn't ready for WM, they should bring in Asuka because as we've seen she is immune to fuck finishes. Ric will try to distract her and she'll punt his head into the fifth row.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okada v Tanahashi was great but I think Nakamura v AJ was the better match

MG310

How's the new guy on commentary?

Pretty good. If you just listened to the show you would actually know what was going on in the ring now.

I liked Lawler saying "I used to sit next a guy called JR, is it alright if I call you MR?". Plus they aren't in constant shitting on each other mode like the Cole/JBL/Saxton team is.

tumblr_m9sxkt072g1rfo0zlo1_250.gif

What up wrestleGAF. Listened to PWITorch Live podcast and it was thoroughly entertaining. Some good stuff to be said all around.

In other news my HTPC is jacked up.

RBH

I'm watching Smackdown on USA right now only because of Mauro Ranallo.

He is just fantastic.

Glad that his energy from his NJPW on AXS broadcasts has translated over to Smackdown.

Mauro and King are actually pretty good together.

He is just fantastic.

Glad that his energy from his NJPW on AXS broadcasts has translated over to Smackdown.

Agreed. I already want to replace Cole with him, as he reminds me of JR with his enthusiasm for what's going on spills through to the viewing audience, compared to Cole's "OH MYYYY!" and forced crap.

UberTag

Agreed. I already want to replace Cole with him, as he reminds me of JR with his enthusiasm for what's going on spills through to the viewing audience, compared to Cole's "OH MYYYY!" and forced crap.
I'm still convinced Vince will find a way to ruin him over time. Holding out hope that I'm dead wrong.

He is just fantastic.

Agree completely. King seems reinvigorated. He seems to enjoy playing off Mauro's serious and action-oriented style of calling the matches. Probably reminds him of working with JR.

Asuka vs
Santana Garrett
at NXT tapings. Might be just a one of match, but nice to see.

Holy shit. Hunter please. Sign her.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
(Sasha pribably wasn't doing shit at Wrestlemania anyways)

KissVibes

Banned
If WWE was cool and smart, they'd have Luke Gallows come out to This Fire Burns at the Rumble. Get some people all pumped and shit for CM Punk only for it to be Festus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom