• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

qUd4ybs.jpg

Guys I'm gonna need a spotter and a belt for this massive weight. Must have left my straps and gloves home.

Pretty good. If you just listened to the show you would actually know what was going on in the ring now.

I liked Lawler saying "I used to sit next a guy called JR, is it alright if I call you MR?". Plus they aren't in constant shitting on each other mode like the Cole/JBL/Saxton team is.

I thought Mauro was great, but that part with Lawler was super weird. "A guy called JR"? Does Jim Ross own the trademark to JR or something? Why not just "I used to work with JR"? I don't think MR works as a nickname either.

Teeth

qUd4ybs.jpg

Guys I'm gonna need a spotter and a belt for this massive weight. Must have left my straps and gloves home.

I remember reading somewhere that you end up having to do like 100 reps for photoshoots so they always pick a low weight.

I have no doubt that trips can lift decent.

UberTag

They only care about booking 5 people strong

Cena
Steph
Reigns
Total Diva
HHH
Don't fret, Fox318. Wins and losses don't matter. Belts don't matter. The WWE told me as much.
All that matters is how happy and fun-loving a performer is, that they're doing all the shit they do in the ring for the WWE Universe and that they have a signature spot or two and a popular chant I can sing along with.
Now they have nothing to fear for the biggest WrestleMania of all-time even though Cena is on the shelf.

I will go on record in favor of New Day's lame unicorn antics. It's tired and not funny in the least BUT it is effective in keeping them hated as heels (which they should be).

MC Safety

I like it when they have a Miz TV segment, but don't have an idea for a Miz TV segment, so it's just a bunch of random guys making an entrance one after another until they have enough for a tag team match.

On the plus side, I like the new announcer for Smackdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, is our current theory that Sunny Mac is so overworked that he's now completely convinced (dat pun heh) that he's actually Vince McMahon?

Exodust

Banned
Sunny is just very effective at trolling you guys even though I'm sure he does enjoy WWE wrestling now a days. Not all of us have to be haters. And this is coming from a guy who hasn't watched wrestling in a while and disagrees with him on a lot of points.

So, is our current theory that Sunny Mac is so overworked that he's now completely convinced (dat pun heh) that he's actually Vince McMahon?

Naw, I think he's just calling out exceedingly boring and unfunny memes in an effort to challenge wrasslegaf to think a little harder about their zingers~

....which actually might be very anti-vince mcmahon :O

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I am pretty overworked, to be sure. Things have really ramped up this year.

Sunny is just very effective at trolling you guys even though I'm sure he does enjoy WWE wrestling now a days. Not all of us have to be haters. And this is coming from a guy who hasn't watched wrestling in a while and disagrees with him on a lot of points.

I don't troll anyone. I do like WWE more often than not, I don't have many complaints about their product, honestly, and I don't think I sound like I do either, so this is making me a bit concerned, heh.

¡HarlequinPanic!;191596509 said:
Naw, I think he's just calling out exceedingly boring and unfunny memes in an effort to challenge wrasslegaf to think a little harder about their zingers~

I'm very tired of people regurgitating one-liners from that one podcast. It reeks or Wreddit, which is a terrible and disgusting place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone uploaded one of the full WBF shows from way back when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9RdTQUnWE&feature=youtu.be

It's totally fucking insane. Hard to describe. There's an anti-drug vingette with GARY STRYDOM WOOOOAW

Stro used to review those shows, it was pretty spectacular. It's not on legitshook.com, but somewhere here. It was great. I watched the two shows (and VASTLY one over the other) but they're incredibly entertaining.

He had a nice gif dump of it too, right here:
http://strobogogaf.minus.com/mjYfG67UsBTLI

Gems like:
iJfuOKMfW9QNv.gif

Oh yeah, Wrestle Kingdom 10 was great. Lower on the pageantry scale, but the match quality was more consistent than Wrestle Kingdom 9. Ishii vs. Shibata was my favorite match, though Styles vs. Nakamura was very close. Omega vs. Kushida is under-hyped. I've enjoyed Okada vs. Tanahashi in the past, and this was the conclusion the story needed. Tana focused on Okada's knee, but Okada didn't sell it consistently enough to make it all worthwhile. I love grumpy heelish Tana, and I don't need to see another Okada/Tana match for a few years.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol the only person Sunny is trolling these days is herself.
Sasha denied she's injured.
Gotta tough it out so she can join Balor Club/Bullet Club 2.0.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're not shit-talking Louis Theroux in this thread, right?

Right?!

Not really, no. I really love his show. But he's about as opposite to Brock Lesnar as people get.

Loved almost every episode of everything he's done, especially the wrestling episode.

¡HarlequinPanic!;191596509 said:

He just continues to be salty about CP Munk.

Mahonay

Banned
Ok so I just started watching last night's Smackdown and the new commentary, now lead by Ranallo, is already leagues better than what we get on RAW. For fucks sake I hope someone at WWE realizes that's one of the main problems that needs to be fixed for RAW and PPVs.

EDIT: I still don't understand how Byron has a job as an announcer. Fuck he is awful.

Anth0ny

Ok so I just started watching last night's Smackdown and the new commentary, now lead by Ranallo, is already leagues better than what we get on RAW. For fucks sake I hope someone at WWE realizes that's one of the main problems that needs to be fixed for RAW and PPVs.

I just watched some of the clips on WWE's youtube and it was all I need to hear. Mauro makes everyone else sound like amateur hour on night one, especially that geek michael cole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I met Sheamus last night

So, with some hesitation, I made my way to target last night to pick up a few things. As I'm walking to the register, I see a beautiful petite brunette. Out of nowhere, Sheamus joins her. I walk up to him and couldn't help but notice how exhausted the guy was. So, I approached him to wish him well but did not want to be overbearing.

Me: "Excuse me."
Sheamus (looking up from his cellphone); "Oh, hey man."
Me: "I'll just ask one thing and leave you be."
Sheamus: "No you're perfectly fine, man; what's up?"
Me: "How's YOUR shoulder doing?"

At this point he covers his eyes and starts laughing. He hands his girl a lot of Star Wars merch he was buying and shakes my hand.

"I'm trying not to. Have you seen the new (Star Wars) movie?"

At this point, I'm thinking, this guy is fucking exhausted, and he is forcibly making small talk with me to be nice when he doesn't have to. We chit chat just a little bit more while waiting (They had just gotten out of watching the new movie at Alamo Drafthouse, a popular theatre chain here in Austin) before I wish him the best.

Super nice guy but rather than be star struck by it all, the only thought that kept racing in my head was how beat up the guy looked. He had scratches and marks all over his arms. Dude was a monster in person. He must be 7 ft tall (his gf was 5'3 ish). Super nice guy. I did not want a posed picture with him as I felt it would have been super stupid to do.

Good interaction. Outside of the ring, they all look annihilated. It's pretty nuts. CM Punk looked like a corpse when I found him at IHOP. Justin Roberts looked perfect, though. Punk's face was just...empty. This was in...2009? Maybe 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom