• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sasha pribably wasn't doing shit at Wrestlemania anyways)

According to Ric, Charlotte was told she's facing Sasha or Bayley at WM. And they've been protecting Sasha something fierce in terms of not beating her. They don't do that for people they aren't doing anything with, especially in the age of 50/50 booking.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
w1GbKL4.jpg

AJ Lee has returned as an interviewer
"Make Big Show look tall."

Ranallo was quite wonderful, but I do think he was turned up to eleven too much. I think calling some of the slower parts of the match calmer would help. I love his calling of almost every move and how furious he was at the Flairs' cheating, though.

I guess I will look at Smackdown tomorrow to see how Ranallo copes. I have not watched a non live Smackdown in years. When they were awkwardly pushing Mysterio after Eddie died was when I gave up on regularly viewing.

Mahonay

Banned
Pretty good. If you just listened to the show you would actually know what was going on in the ring now.

I liked Lawler saying "I used to sit next a guy called JR, is it alright if I call you MR?". Plus they aren't in constant shitting on each other mode like the Cole/JBL/Saxton team is.

I'm watching Smackdown on USA right now only because of Mauro Ranallo.

He is just fantastic.

Glad that his energy from his NJPW on AXS broadcasts has translated over to Smackdown.

Mauro and King are actually pretty good together.
Looks like I'll watch Smackdown tomorrow at some point.

Agreed. I already want to replace Cole with him, as he reminds me of JR with his enthusiasm for what's going on spills through to the viewing audience, compared to Cole's "OH MYYYY!" and forced crap.

Y'know, people loved JBL when he first started too. Just sayin'. There's a reason Mick Foley quit the gig after a short period of time.

MG310

I don't think they should rush into a Charlotte/Bayley match this early...unless they're going to have her do double duty and lose the NXT title match to Asuka on Saturday and then lose to Charlotte on Sunday.

Then she struggles for a good long while to get back to the top and beats either Charlotte or Sasha for the belt eventually.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Wrestle-1 card was really hard to get through. And the lack of any attendance or crowd interest didn't help matters any. I'd say the best match on the card was Soya and Kono and Kono's not a very good wrestler. Seiki Yoshioka is very talented and I'm shocked no other promotions have tried to steal him yet. Andy Wu is terrible though. Dude comes off as some otaku who just watched a bunch of Naruto and American indie wrestling and tries to combine them. Hino's match with Jino was pretty dull and would have better served as Hino just squashing Jiro. The only highlight was Hino's powerbomb at the end.

If Edge laced up the boots one last time, I'd cream myself.

The real definition of a career gone too soon. I'm sure he would've broke Flair's record by now lol.

miserable

Is there a McMahon in every corner? Because I'm not interested unless Shane is there.

there will be a McMahon, just not Shane
it's gonna be Vince's long forgotten brother Rod who will stand in Bryan's corner

alternatively, it could be Vince's bastard son, Hornswoggle

there will be a McMahon, just not Shane
it's gonna be Vince's long forgotten brother Rod who will stand in Bryan's corner

alternatively, it could be Vince's bastard son, Hornswoggle
Hearing Rod's name makes me want to go back and find that post I made about him. Lol

According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE once again had more 50/50 booking of talent on TV in 2015 than any other major wrestling promotion.

50/50 booking is when a talent loses as much as he or she wins, and WWE decided to take this booking approach again this year despite the fact that stars might be perceived as average because they lose as often as they win.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter correspondent Chris Siggia compiled the following WWE TV 50/50 booking stats:

-World Champions did 12 jobs on WWE television last year, including nine of the 12 by Seth Rollins.

-Intercontinental Champions did 14 jobs on television in 2015, including eight by King Barrett and three by Kevin Owens.

-United States Champions did eight jobs on TV, with Rollins looking at the lights on three of those occasions.

-Tag-Team Champions did 21 tag-team jobs, ten of which were by The New Day.

-Divas Champions did nine television jobs, seven by Nikki Bella and two by Charlotte.
Pathetic

We need another Yokozuna so it won't make sense at all for him to lose unless it's a big match. Fuck a DQ or count out but there you go.

Fox318

We just need better booking.

I mean they paid Brock a shit ton just so they could make HHH feel like an actual athlete.
hdWjcQ4.jpg

"I can shoot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom