• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Sheamus last night

So, with some hesitation, I made my way to target last night to pick up a few things. As I'm walking to the register, I see a beautiful petite brunette. Out of nowhere, Sheamus joins her. I walk up to him and couldn't help but notice how exhausted the guy was. So, I approached him to wish him well but did not want to be overbearing.

Me: "Excuse me."
Sheamus (looking up from his cellphone); "Oh, hey man."
Me: "I'll just ask one thing and leave you be."
Sheamus: "No you're perfectly fine, man; what's up?"
Me: "How's YOUR shoulder doing?"

At this point he covers his eyes and starts laughing. He hands his girl a lot of Star Wars merch he was buying and shakes my hand.

"I'm trying not to. Have you seen the new (Star Wars) movie?"

At this point, I'm thinking, this guy is fucking exhausted, and he is forcibly making small talk with me to be nice when he doesn't have to. We chit chat just a little bit more while waiting (They had just gotten out of watching the new movie at Alamo Drafthouse, a popular theatre chain here in Austin) before I wish him the best.

Super nice guy but rather than be star struck by it all, the only thought that kept racing in my head was how beat up the guy looked. He had scratches and marks all over his arms. Dude was a monster in person. He must be 7 ft tall (his gf was 5'3 ish). Super nice guy. I did not want a posed picture with him as I felt it would have been super stupid to do.
I met him back in 09. He's 6'7 ish. Big guy. Super cool though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I stand by my statement that New Day are just the new spirit squad. And will probably be killed off in a similar fashion.

Fox318

What a coincidence I met Heath Slater last month.

3bfLACm.jpg

Man the road takes a toll on these guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i meant its the same kind of over the top, 'unintentional but intentional' heel group that can sometimes main event but probably won't be around for much longer but ok you showed me

Mahonay

Banned
i meant its the same kind of over the top, 'unintentional but intentional' heel group that can sometimes main event but probably won't be around for much longer but ok you showed me
It sounded like you were suggesting the Spirit Squad was at the same level The New Day is, when that's definitely not the case.

The New Day has nothing to do right now but how is that any different from the rest of the roster?

klonere

Banned
Ok so I just started watching last night's Smackdown and the new commentary, now lead by Ranallo, is already leagues better than what we get on RAW. For fucks sake I hope someone at WWE realizes that's one of the main problems that needs to be fixed for RAW and PPVs.

EDIT: I still don't understand how Byron has a job as an announcer. Fuck he is awful.

Byron was bad in a team with JR AND REGAL. He is probably irredeemable and his ultra bland face shtick is so bad dear god.

What nice guy.

tumblr_mjdkg0p7AD1qcml1jo1_500.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Spirit Squad beat Shawn Michaels.

They're not that different. Vince pushed them pretty hard for a while.
They were a flash in the pan, used to bring DX back together if I remember right. The New Day have had already had a more extended run.

Also Spirit Squad never had an actual fan base.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They were a flash in the pan. The New Day have had already had a more extended run.

But that's because the WWE keeps EVERTYHING around now. Yeah, The New Day is still around but think about this... Stardust is still around. Long after the Goldust break up.

Ithil

I met Sheamus last night

So, with some hesitation, I made my way to target last night to pick up a few things. As I'm walking to the register, I see a beautiful petite brunette. Out of nowhere, Sheamus joins her. I walk up to him and couldn't help but notice how exhausted the guy was. So, I approached him to wish him well but did not want to be overbearing.

Me: "Excuse me."
Sheamus (looking up from his cellphone); "Oh, hey man."
Me: "I'll just ask one thing and leave you be."
Sheamus: "No you're perfectly fine, man; what's up?"
Me: "How's YOUR shoulder doing?"

At this point he covers his eyes and starts laughing. He hands his girl a lot of Star Wars merch he was buying and shakes my hand.

"I'm trying not to. Have you seen the new (Star Wars) movie?"

At this point, I'm thinking, this guy is fucking exhausted, and he is forcibly making small talk with me to be nice when he doesn't have to. We chit chat just a little bit more while waiting (They had just gotten out of watching the new movie at Alamo Drafthouse, a popular theatre chain here in Austin) before I wish him the best.

Super nice guy but rather than be star struck by it all, the only thought that kept racing in my head was how beat up the guy looked. He had scratches and marks all over his arms. Dude was a monster in person. He must be 7 ft tall (his gf was 5'3 ish). Super nice guy. I did not want a posed picture with him as I felt it would have been super stupid to do.

I saw a story from someone (might have been here, or somewhere else) who did some media with Cena for one of his movies a few years back, it was a media day where he'd be talking to various publications. Cena was there in his suit in the chair, looking totally fine and poised, he did all the interviews and press stuff. The guy telling the story said it had just finished, and he happened to be still outside the room with an open door when Cena asked the WWE people if that was all the media for the day, and after hearing yes, totally slumped over suddenly looking completely wiped out and battered.

I might have the order backwards here, it's been I while since I saw it. It might have been Cena looking haggard and crippled like that before the media showed up, and as soon as the press started he was suddenly straight up and looking fine as though nothing was wrong.

Mahonay

Banned
I didn't say anything about fans. I said WWE keeps everything around longer now because that's just how they do it now. Also, aren't the New Day supposed to be 'bad guys'?
New Day are currently just there to sell whatever new stupid merch they have out at the moment. It's shit, that's for sure.

There's enough talent with those guys to turn it around. It's not past the point of return yet.

Sephzilla

The New Day desperately need Enzo and Cass to get called up. The promo wars between them would be great. Alternatively, New Day should feud with the Wyatts because I want to see Bray cut a nonsensical promo against them while Big E tries to eat Stroman's black sheep mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom