• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

UberTag

They then show Dr. Shelby at the top of the ramp, a single tear rolls down his cheek. He smiles and walks into the back. Credits roll. End of wrestling. Forever.
Dr. Shelby needs to get involved in this angle in a not-so-obvious way.
Perhaps he can release an unflattering psychological assessment of Brad Maddox that gets him removed from power.

Also, I just watched this Dr. Shelby clip from 16 months ago for the first time.
How am I just seeing this now? Damned hilarious.

yes.gif

Total crowd ownership.

Zertez

Incredible ending, I imagine it was crazy in person. They need to find new writers or stop Vince from making changes. So much wasted talent on the roster and they still have no idea what to do with it.

Anth0ny

Damn, haven't cheesed that hard since summerslam. A good swerve with hot crowd is always the best. It was such a stupid angle anyways so i'm glad they killed it fast. With that said i wonder if XXX is going to be 5 hours like WM20. They overbooked the shit out of it to fit everyone on the card though.

H vs Punk
Cena vs ??
Orton vs ??
Rock vs ?? (assuming he comes back at least)
Lesnar vs ??
Bryan vs ??
Taker vs ??
Batista vs??
At least 2-3 bathroom breaks

I also just realized RR will be the last WWE PPV i ever buy. End of an era!

my ideal card:

HHH vs. Punk
Lesnar vs. Taker (these two seem pretty likely at this point)
Cena vs. Bryan (Bryan wins Rumble, Cena wins title at Rumble)
Batista vs. Orton
Shield vs. Wyatts (Reigns babyface singles run begins on Raw after Mania)
Goldust/Cody vs. Real Americans (just so Cesaro can do giant swing at Mania)

Zep

Banned
my ideal card:

HHH vs. Punk
Lesnar vs. Taker (these two seem pretty likely at this point)
Cena vs. Bryan (Bryan wins Rumble, Cena wins title at Rumble)
Batista vs. Orton
Shield vs. Wyatts (Reigns babyface singles run begins on Raw after Mania)
Goldust/Cody vs. Real Americans (just so Cesaro can do giant swing at Mania)

I think Bryan vs Brock will be your WM title match, but then that leaves a "?" for who faces the Undertaker. Batista/Undertaker could possibly work.

G-Fex

That's right we should be celebrating Kofi's victory.

Bryan's ass lost twice in one night.

KOFI FUCKING BEAT ORTON! THE CHAMP

G-Fex

What shenanigans is Kofi gonna pull at the Rumble this year?

HE'LL GO OVER WITH THE LAST MAN, LAND ON HIS PALMS THEN FLIP HIMSELF BACK INTO THE RING TO WIN THE RR!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S O Sヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

Memphis Music

Memphis Music

Bad News

King sings the song. The video starts with him driving around in a car, pulling into a drive way. He takes his shirt off in slow motion and runs behind the house. He then runs in the back yard. What the fuck am I watching here? Off go his shoes. And the trousers. Looks like King is going boating. Let me tell you, King is a terrible singer.

ibhJWPruMmWzZa.gif

Son of a Gypsy

A Jimmy Valiant video. He has a promo before the video and claims Burt Reynolds gave him some uppers and he hasn't been able to close his eyes for 48 hours. Standard blues song. One of the lines has him calling himself a "little funky Jew". JIGGLY JIGGLY FUNKY JEW! Apparently, this song was quite popular in the Memphis area for a while. This is less of a music video like King's and more of an actual on stage performance. Maybe he's saying "A little funky, too". I'm sticking with a little funky Jew.

i2e4vJAzFb5K3.gif

Lance Russell’s Nose

This was a song from Jimmy Hart. It's a song about Jimmy getting ready to bone this chick, only to find out she had Lance Russell's nose. It's actually pretty funny and kind of catchy. There was a break down where he did a parody of the Fabulous Ones. But all the other features of the girl were from famous men. He had no problem with those, but Lance Russell's nose was too much for him.

ibsHdNX9w9794J.gif

We Hate School

Another Jimmy Hart song. Members of his First Family are badly pretending to play instruments. I feel like he's a little old to be singing a song about hating school and loving rock and roll. It's also kind of catchy. Jimmy Hart's voice kills it though.

iXTXVrPnwoJsp.gif

Moondogs

Naturally, a Moondogs video. It's kind of a cool song.

I’m So In Love With Me

This is a ballad from Adrian Street to Adrian Street and it is fabulous.

iDMJKoll8aqhY.gif

idemHzyKOzAVF.gif

Wimpbusters

King does a take off of the Ghostbuster's theme, making fun of Jimmy Hart. This is amazing. There are various clips of King beating up Jimmy Hart, but also some hot woman getting scared by people with masks and various wrestlers singing WIMPBUSTERS. A young Brian Christopher can be seen in a scene at a cafeteria where a kid cuts in line. King smashes a pie or ice cream in the cutter's face. This is just about the best thing I've ever seen.

ibvgIKjDsU8zgZ.gif

ibsv8scoRKCnB.gif

Mean Streak

Another King video, though set to more of hard rock/almost metal. King is singing. It's just a montage video. I'd listen to this song if King wasn't singing it. I could picture Rob Halford singing this. Or Hollywood Rose era Axl.

The World’s Greatest Wrestler

Another King song. Basic blues rock. It's another mostly montage, but he is on stage with a band. There were some clips of him in AJPW. I'd like to find those matches. This is the kind of wrestling song that name drops wrestlers.

iXDntXUsbbxqR.gif

Trouble

Oh fuck, another King song, this time with him playing acoustic in an old school blues song. He's also dressed like Johnny Cash. At least he looks like he might kind of sort of know how to play a guitar. He's not a singer, though.

ibqHWGrloS620u.gif

Eye for an Eye

Another King helmed song. This one sounds like a 70s rock ballad. Sounds like a Doobie Brothers/Steve Miller Band/Asia hybrid. Does any band really need two guitarists playing Flying Vs?

Well, this was awesome. Wimpbusters was amazing. Adrian Street's video was also excellent. The music to The World's Greatest Wrestler was good. I just wish someone else was singing it. Jimmy Hart's songs were kind of the same. His voice kills them, but they're well written songs.

I highly recommend watching all of these, but Wimpbusters is a MUST.

HE'LL GO OVER WITH THE LAST MAN, LAND ON HIS PALMS THEN FLIP HIMSELF BACK INTO THE RING TO WIN THE RR!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S O Sヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Ha. You used the word "over" in a post about Kofi. I get it. That's hilarious.

Everything about the segment is so well done between the two. Juxtapose Show knocking out a 60 year old to Bryan letting Bray off the hook, refusing to hit his enemy when he begs for it until Bray becomes so frustrated that he goes for Bryan and he counter attacks; beating him senseless. He doesn't let the heel get what they want, he doesn't stoop to their level.

Despite having two pretty bad shows they've managed to knock it out of the park with the endings of the last two RAWs.

strobogo

Banned
Reminded me of how unreal Daniel Bryan's fire ups were right after WM last year. The ramp up of YES speed before That Move That Beat John Cena was the best. Excellent camera work for the whole thing as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reminded me of how unreal Daniel Bryan's fire ups were right after WM last year. The ramp up of YES speed before That Move That Beat John Cena was the best. Excellent camera work for the whole thing as well.

First time since Cena that anyone took the move right and it was caught on camera properly. All the Orton matches it was one or the other.

Cagey

Banned
I think Bryan vs Brock will be your WM title match, but then that leaves a "?" for who faces the Undertaker. Batista/Undertaker could possibly work.

Brock v. Bryan is the fantasy booking dream, really. The WWE's ultimate David v. Goliath story. Two excellent performers who both play and live the roles perfectly.

Spoiler alert:
Brock conquers, repeats, fuck yo underdog heart-warming shit. This is grown man territory.

Top Bottom