• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

I know Perez and some other indy women wrestlers used to have Amazon wish lists. Which I totally salute them for. God bless 'em for getting something out of having to spend hours around awkward pudgy guys in black t shirt who are undressing every girl on the roster with their eyes during a match.
So we are creep shaming now? Fuck, a brah can't win.

G-Fex

Punk should talk. I can't see that skinny fatass giving a quarter of the effort Kofi does.

Punk couldn't flip or do a headstand to save his life.

They still have those wish lists.

Fuck, even Chris Hero has one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1LS4LQC30H/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I thought there'd be a lot more food on here.

I know Perez and some other indy women wrestlers used to have Amazon wish lists. Which I totally salute them for. God bless 'em for getting something out of having to spend hours around awkward pudgy guys in black t shirt who are undressing every girl on the roster with their eyes during a match.

I aint ashamed I'd go to a TNA impact taping just to oogle Tessmacher's ass. I'll fucking admit it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
AuxCk1BCIAA4B6g.jpg
You know, those pants will be great for if/when Cena & Punk go on a random tag title run.

The NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania show just finished - pretty fun overall, a good start to the tour. Best match was Rush & La Sombra vs Nakamura & Ultimo Guerrero. From what I gather, Ultimo put in a really good performance above and beyond his normal levels of effort. The main event was really fun as well. Also, BUSHI & Mascara Dorada worked very well together as a team, as did Okada with his teammates in the 6-man, which isn't always the case with these puroresu/lucha matches. BUSHI's had experience in Mexico, though, and Okada's Ultimo Dragon trained, so that explains that. Here's a few gifs;

Titan being awesome;

ibkgaukqHlp2zU.gif

Volador Jr;

iXgp4qJQWrYhl.gif

Canadian Destroyer;

iUBjoSEDqRq2K.gif

La Sombra;

iPAvCufaEzOZj.gif

Powerslam into a lionsault;

iXmG0X0suTvhU.gif

The Guerrero Special;

ibqi2owQ7t0wB2.gif

Desperado counters the Rainmaker and floors Okada with a tope con hilo;

i3vP3sIGDn0cq.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of Kofi, why does the IWC hate him so much?

Instead of wrestling, he's just jumping. It's like how everyone adds extra flips in the indies pretending it makes a move more impressive and powerfull. Kofi jumps for that damage multiplier and it's ridiculous.

Basically, it's jumping, boom boom booming, SOS, collect paycheck week-in week-out for Kofi.

On Smackdown Orton will beat him into oblivion and everything resets.

Forkball

Instead of wrestling, he's just jumping. It's like how everyone adds extra flips in the indies pretending it makes a move more impressive and powerfull. Kofi jumps for that damage multiplier and it's ridiculous.
So you're saying he needs a superkick in his moveset?

Aiii

So not worth it
His finisher is already a jumping twirly kick, so no superkick needed.

I guess he could jump to the top, Fex...

---

Ryback has so much heat right now, says Meltzer, that even people who used to like him hate him now. Apperently people backstage think he's legit nuts.

None of his offence looks that great, but he jumps high doing it. Also, after Shelton left, he sort of fell into the role of "guy who does that one crazy spot at the Rumble".

I guess a lot of people dislike Kofi because he's had numerous mid-card title reigns, while others never seem to be given half as much of a chance. Really, though, it's because he got over early, has a catchphrase the crowd can join in on and his popularity with crowds doesn't seem in anyway affected by the lack of effort creative put into him and his character - in other words, he's the perfect WWE mid-carder.

You shouldn't insult fellow gaffers like that. Dragonzord has feelings too y'know!

Anyways, that DB stuff was pretty ace. For once, we really had to see where they'd go with an angle. Aiii redeemed :lol

Edit: Kofi is pretty over in live shows. In case you're wondering why he's still around.

G-Fex

His finisher is already a jumping twirly kick, so no superkick needed.

I guess he could jump to the top, Fex...

---

Ryback has so much heat right now, says Meltzer, that even people who used to like him hate him now. Apperently people backstage think he's legit nuts.

JUMP TO THE TOP. FLY LIKE A EAGLE, STRIKE LIKE A HAWK.

I wonder if HHH hates him.

Vince is nuts so I imagine he likes Rycrack

Kofi is the most indierrific guy on the roster: no sells everything and all of his offence are normal moves done in over-the-top fashion.

he would fit like a glove in ROH/PWG/Dragon Gate.

Somone uploaded a full RINGS show ^_^

RINGS MEGA BATTLE '95 1ST ROUND - 10/21/95

Mitsuya Nagai vs Gigitedze Bkouri
Ilioukhine Mikhail vs Nikolai Zouev
Bitsadze Ameran vs Yoshihisa Yamamoto
Hans Nyman vs Buzariashvili Ramaz
Grom Zaza vs Andrei Kopylev
Volk Han vs Pieter Oele
Dimitri Petkov vs Bitsadze Tariel
Akira Maeda vs Dick Vrij

I recognise four names there, lol. Should be fun, though.

Kofi is the most indierrific guy on the roster: no sells everything and all of his offence are normal moves done in over-the-top fashion.

he would fit like a glove in ROH/PWG/Dragon Gate.

He'd need to learn some more moves, preferably a whole bunch of kicks and some head drops on the ring apron. By indy standards, Kofi's war crate is half empty.

G-Fex

How is R-Truth and even Xavier woods weighed in?

I'd answer but...I never really pay attention to their matches >_>

Somone uploaded a full RINGS show ^_^

RINGS MEGA BATTLE '95 1ST ROUND - 10/21/95

Mitsuya Nagai vs Gigitedze Bkouri
Ilioukhine Mikhail vs Nikolai Zouev
Bitsadze Ameran vs Yoshihisa Yamamoto
Hans Nyman vs Buzariashvili Ramaz
Grom Zaza vs Andrei Kopylev
Volk Han vs Pieter Oele
Dimitri Petkov vs Bitsadze Tariel
Akira Maeda vs Dick Vrij

I recognise four names there, lol. Should be fun, though.

link please. i've seen a bunch of Maeda v Vrij bouts, stiff central.

DiscoJon

Banned
When's the GAF Rumble thing? Not the video game Rumble, but where we choose a number (or something) for the actual Royal Rumble. Am I imagining this? I've been sick for over a week (strep throat) and things have been kind of a blur.

G-Fex

When's the GAF Rumble thing? Not the video game Rumble, but where we choose a number (or something) for the actual Royal Rumble. Am I imagining this? I've been sick for over a week (strep throat) and things have been kind of a blur.

Not sure.

I'm sure I'll win, I won before.

DiscoJon said:

No, you aren't imagining it - we do usually run a GAF Rumble Lottery.

Can anyone remember who usually runs it? If no one's stepped up to do it before the weekend, I guess I can do it.

Kaladin

That Kofi Kingston win came out of nowhere last night. But I think it's more of a "Orton's championship up to this point means shit unless he beats Cena on Sunday" reinforcement than a "Kofi Kingston is getting a push!" kind of win.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am willing to say I'm 99% sure Orton will beat Kofi clean as a whistle and delivers a post-match beatdown for good measure on Smackdown's tapings tonight.

The other 1% is them holding off until Raw, but I find it more likely he'll bury him on Smackdown and then they do the exact same thing on Raw as well like they do every week.

Vylash

I swear Orton is such a fucking afterthought, was around for maybe 10 minutes during old school raw, and didn't even make it into the second hour on raw this week, take that title off of him and give it to someone else for the love of god

but i wonder who...

Heath-Slater1.jpg

gonna win the rumble

just you wait
It's time, all the crazy rumble spots will finally pay off!
1zNjK.gif

That Kofi Kingston win came out of nowhere last night. But I think it's more of a "Orton's championship up to this point means shit unless he beats Cena on Sunday" reinforcement than a "Kofi Kingston is getting a push!" kind of win.

I am willing to say I'm 99% sure Orton will beat Kofi clean as a whistle and delivers a post-match beatdown for good measure on Smackdown's tapings tonight.

The other 1% is them holding off until Raw, but I find it more likely he'll bury him on Smackdown and then they do the exact same thing on Raw as well like they do every week.

H8x9g.gif

I don't need to hear your truth.

probably posted before but always worth seeing:

Akira Maeda vs Andre The Giant - 1986
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSE91FHzQnc

Andre needs no introductions so let's talk about Maeda.

Maeda hated japanese pro-wrestlers. Maeda hated american pro-wrestlers. i think Maeda hated pro-wrestling, period.

you could tell he hated every second he spent on the ring because he saw himself as a superior fighter than all others. this is what led him to create RINGS and help develop the shoot-style of wrestling in Japan.

UWFi and RINGS (and Pancrase) would be the precursors to PRIDE FC which created the turn of the century MMA boom in Japan which nearly put wrestling out of business there. so not only Maeda hated wrestling, he almost killed it.

Maeda always said that Andre was uncooperative in this match and watching the footage i tend to agree. he got tired of Andre bullshitting (probably being drunk) around and shoots on the big man, shattering the "unstoppable giant" image Andre had up to that point. make no mistake, Maeda could've finished Andre's career right there and then but intervention from Inoki kept thing from escalating.

Top Bottom