• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Mahonay

Banned
Well...the last two weeks have essentially been pointless. Daniel Wyatt was never the best idea, but it had some crazy potential. Sad to see it fizzle out like that, but pissed off, assertive Bryan is back, so that's a net win.
Yep. Exactly how I feel about it. Glad Daniel Wyatt is over because WWE did a terrible fucking job with it. A lot of wasted potential they had with that storyline. Glad we have old DB back. That slowly increasing YES chant that the entire arena was in on was one of the greatest crowd moments in WWE history. Now give that motherfucker the belt you morons.

I swear Orton is such a fucking afterthought, was around for maybe 10 minutes during old school raw, and didn't even make it into the second hour on raw this week, take that title off of him and give it to someone else for the love of god

but i wonder who...

Wouldn't work, Cole/JBL/King start to laugh every time this guy picks up a mic

Marvel

could never
Just finished watching Raw, didn't think D Bry would leave the Family so soon. Was really well done. Loved it.

Kaladin

Just finished watching Raw, didn't think D Bry would leave the Family so soon. Was really well done. Loved it.

Yeah, it was a fun angle, but I felt like it was too soon. Like someone in the back saw the crowd reactions and thought "this will never work, we need to separate Bryan and the Wyatt Family ASAP, while he still has a fan base".

Vylash

Yeah, it was a fun angle, but I felt like it was too soon. Like someone in the back saw the crowd reactions and thought "this will never work, we need to separate Bryan and the Wyatt Family ASAP, while he still has a fan base".

Which was a very smart call honestly, though I think it has more to do with them wanting him as a hot babyface when he faces Taker

Mahonay

Banned
It certainly felt like it was prematurely ended. Maybe due to poor reception like you said. It was getting no reactions, and crowds just kept with with normal Daniel Bryan chants.

If that's actually true, it's no one's fault but their own. Daniel Wyatt COULD have been really intense. Instead what we go was more akin to a wet fart. Thank fucking god they cut the chord and gave DB a nice push to get going again.

Kaladin

Which was a very smart call honestly, though I think it has more to do with them wanting him as a hot babyface when he faces Taker

Bryan vs Taker feels like one of those wrestling fan's dream matches that you feel like could never happen till it finally does....and I won't believe it's happening till it's happening.

Aiii

So not worth it

The right call, this angle was never going to work in the first place, so they had to end it.

Esp. with the YES-chants getting more mainstream exposure right after they did the turn.

Batigol

Banned
Roman is gonna be a superstar. It wouldn't even matter if he couldn't talk or wrestler he has the look. He stands out so much next to those two vanilla midgets.

Plus he has some weird sexual energy

Vylash

1461653_731492750196877_886986497_n.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Roman is gonna be a superstar. It wouldn't even matter if he couldn't talk or wrestler he has the look. He stands out so much next to those two vanilla midgets.

Plus he has some weird sexual energy
I actually prefer Rollins over Reigns by a good margin. But it's definitely Roman's time for a singles push out of the three.

Sandman, Chuck Taylor's theme is Will Travel by Tim Barry.

I think they wanted a longer tail with Bryan, yeah, but I think they'll just go with he was messing with Bray, rather than being brainwashed or anything. Make people forget about everything but the slow YES

Xater

You are not excited by Orton vs. Cena in a REGULAR WRESTLING MATCH to close off the feud?

I am shocked.

I just think it's funny that they try to do this just to make anyone care about this damn match. If that closes out the Rumble I might just quit watching earlier. That's how uninteresting it is.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just think it's funny that they try to do this just to make anyone care about this damn match. If that closes out the Rumble I might just quit watching earlier. That's how uninteresting it is.

We'll know who wins based on if its closing the show or not. If Orton wins expect it to be the third to last match. If Cena wins expect it to close the show duh.

Kaladin

You are not excited by Orton vs. Cena in a REGULAR WRESTLING MATCH to close off the feud?

I am shocked.

But it's not a regular wrestling match. There must be a winner....you can only win by pinfall and submission. Remember the title tournament from a while back that Mysterio won only to have Cena take the belt later that night? That whole tournament was done in that style and the matches were better for it. Wrestlers had to win and couldn't use cheap tactics to get the victory. As a fan, you also knew that they had to book a winner.

Of course, that was at a time when we had more heels that used cheap tactics to get out of matches, so it was nice seeing that forced for a change.

And Yo, nothing was more bullshit than Mysterio winning and Cena IMMEDIATELY going "hay title shot dawg"

That's Cena's Moral Event Horizon for me. Like wtf

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And Yo, nothing was more bullshit than Mysterio winning and Cena IMMEDIATELY going "hay title shot dawg"

That's Cena's Moral Event Horizon for me. Like wtf

At least Hogan went to help that loser Bret since he couldn't get it done.

Cena would have let Bret get the title from him then take it.

Penguin

Seems like Orton is having a "Best Of" Feud

Re-feuding with John Cena
Beating up his dad
Losing to Kofi
He had his car damaged by Bryan.
All he needs to do is get dumped by Batista

Aiii

So not worth it
But it's not a regular wrestling match. There must be a winner....you can only win by pinfall and submission. Remember the title tournament from a while back that Mysterio won only to have Cena take the belt later that night? That whole tournament was done in that style and the matches were better for it. Wrestlers had to win and couldn't use cheap tactics to get the victory. As a fan, you also knew that they had to book a winner.

Of course, that was at a time when we had more heels that used cheap tactics to get out of matches, so it was nice seeing that forced for a change.

So it's a NO-DQ match?

But there's no run-ins according to Stephanie. So what exactly they would do if somebody runs in and lays one of them out so the other can get a pinfall I wouldn't know.

Sounds like a REGULAR WRESTLING MATCH to me.

Kaladin

So it's a NO-DQ match?

But there's no run-ins according to Stephanie. So what exactly they would do if somebody runs in and lays one of them out so the other can get a pinfall I wouldn't know.

Sounds like a REGULAR WRESTLING MATCH to me.

Basically, it's a world title match, the way it should be. You can only win by pinfall or submission. There is no dq and no countout finish. I guess you could wrestle it like a no dq brawl or a regular match. The idea is that you have to beat your opponent. No championship advantage, you must win.

Into

Imagine if Bryan got to do all that to Triple H, the so called "authority" figure during that failed feud? The pop would have been just as big if not bigger.

Linkified

Really liked end of RAW, especially two weeks ago was wanting to get his hands on Bray 1 on 1 ... so it actually made sense, probably told the Usos the plan in order to trick GM of RAW into doing a cage match as well ... I still can't get over this angle making sense. Just to get Bray 1 on 1.

jmdajr

So RAW had some good moments.

Ending surprised me and it was nice to finally see Warrior in the HOF.

No doubt my most favorite wrestler as a kid. Sorry Hogan.

Plus big shout out to TrollBack. "STUPID!"

Top Bottom