• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

atomsk

Party Pooper
So Kaitlyn is launching a new site.

http://celestialbodiez.com/

8KeLwms.jpg

Kaladin

Rest of the conference call.....Caller Q&A!

The first question asked about them feeling that the Network would increase TV viewership. Why do they think it will not cannibalize viewers? Vince said that Raw and Smackdown will be "live". That is the value that NBCU sees in their programming. He said that there are no repeats of the shows on USA because the network wants people to view in live. He said that USA believes the WWE Network will increase viewership as well.

They were asked for an update on the TV deals. They said they are in discussions and will have something to announce on it by the end of April/beginning of May. He was asked if MLB was a partner in the Network and George said it's a service, they have no equity.

They were asked if they considered bundling the TV rights deal with the WWE Network, such as giving a discount on the Network to subscribers of wherever their TV ends up. George said that they considered it but decided to go with it as they have announced it. So no they will not bundle.

Have they considered giving people that buy tickets to events a free week or two to the Network? Will subscribers get a discount on WWE Shop stuff? George didn't want to give away all of their secrets but they have a lot of things planned, including one week free (Vince said that week would not be during a week of a PPV).

Do they see bigger growth potential in the US or worldwide (since now they don't need a TV deal in countries they aren't in now). George said probably world wide in 5-10 years but he is bullish on the US too.

What percentage, in their research, showed an affinity to actually buy this? George said that was the 2 to 3 million they mentioned.

They were asked how they have felt the response has been. Enormous.

They were asked why finally now? George said part of the issue was with PPV deals they had, but they wanted to get it done in time for the build up to WrestleMania so now is the time. Vince said that he hoped that the PPV providers will continue to deliver PPVs as they have. DirecTV was mentioned as considering not carrying WWE PPVs. They were asked about their other partners and how they feel about losing the PPVs. George didn't want to get into that.

George said that the programming/delivery cost of the Network will be about 10%, or a dollar per if they hit their two to three million people.

They were asked again about cannibalization. Why are they comfortable with losing the PPV money that will be eaten up by people that move to the Network. In theory can people buy the first six months and then leave? Yes in theory they could but George has confidence in keeping them from leaving after six months. He has used the Network and he says that he feels once people have access they won't be backing out.

They were asked about any revenue sharing with their Roku, Apple, etc. partners. He said that they will go within the norms of whatever the carrier uses. He was asked how many subscriptions he expected to come through WWE.com. George just said he expects 1 million subscribers by the end of the year.

They were expected about the expenses for content. George said it will be a little higher than it has been. He estimated an incremental 20 million in op ex.

They were asked if they will have a yearly discounted price. George said that there will be a pre-paid annual and you can also give it as a gift.

Are they considering adding things like chats with stars for an extra price? George said that the second screen app will do that and so much more. That all comes with the $9.99.

They were asked how they came to the price and how elastic the pricing is. George said they wanted to deliver value to their fans. They did research and found that this price was the best for the people and getting subscribers.

They were asked if it will make fans think house show prices or PPVs delivered traditionally should be priced less. George said no.

At that point they said they had no further questions and ended the call, even though Mike Johnson was in the queue. That answers the question of whether only people from financial institutions can ask questions on one of these calls.

Hasney

They were asked if they will have a yearly discounted price. George said that there will be a pre-paid annual and you can also give it as a gift.

If this is giftable to anyone with a random US address without billing info, I may get this Day 1.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder how the top guys feel when they see Daniel Bryan getting reactions like that despite (in spite?) of bad booking. Cena hasn't had a reaction like that probably since 2006. Orton has never had a reaction like that. HHH hasn't had one like that since the night he returned from his quad injury in 2002. Big Show has never had anything like that.

bjork

I wonder how the top guys feel when they see Daniel Bryan getting reactions like that despite (in spite?) of bad booking. Cena hasn't had a reaction like that probably since 2006. Orton has never had a reaction like that. HHH hasn't had one like that since the night he returned from his quad injury in 2002. Big Show has never had anything like that.

Too busy counting money to care, I'm sure.

Well, except Big Show. He has financial problems etc

Kaladin

CM Punk only had a reaction like that when he faced Cena.

i'd assume most don't care.

Kaladin

They still have not answered two questions I want answered about the Network:

When exactly will replays of Raw and Smackdown appear on the Network? How long is the delay?

What is the entire library of content available at launch outside of all WCW, WWE and ECW PPVs?

If I was a top guy, I'd be pretty supportive. You should be happy that someone gets huge reactions from the crowd and brings life to the product you're a part of. I'd be honored to work a match with him. Then again, the locker room is like being in high school so there's probably a bunch of guys pissed

Penguin

They probably don't care

I mean they are already on top, and honestly speaking seems like WWE will keep em on top for better or worse.

I will say, ironically because the WWE has had little faith in Bryan, they've actually made him the most compelling face they've had in a long time. Because they haven't given him the typical Superman face gimmick who overcomes everything and makes lame jokes (he has done this a bit!)

Hey Lambda, here's that RINGS show;

RINGS, "MEGA BATTLE TOURNAMENT '95", 1995.10.21
International Center, Fukuoka
5,050 Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c650Epoc7-o

01. Mitsuya Nagai vs Gigitedze Bkouri
02. Ilioukhine Mikhail vs Nikolai Zouev
03. Bitsadze Ameran vs Yoshihisa Yamamoto
04. Hans Nyman vs Buzariashvili Ramaz
05. Grom Zaza vs Andrei Kopylev
06. Volk Han vs Pieter Oele
07. Dimitri Petkov vs Bitsadze Tariel
08. Akira Maeda vs Dick Vrij

When exactly will replays of Raw and Smackdown appear on the Network? How long is the delay?

At a guess at least 1 month. Whoever they sign a TV contract with will probably have some say with that which is why they haven't mentioned it.

If they are selling Raw and SD as exclusive content

Hey Lambda, here's that RINGS show;

RINGS, "MEGA BATTLE TOURNAMENT '95", 1995.10.21
International Center, Fukuoka
5,050 Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c650Epoc7-o

01. Mitsuya Nagai vs Gigitedze Bkouri
02. Ilioukhine Mikhail vs Nikolai Zouev
03. Bitsadze Ameran vs Yoshihisa Yamamoto
04. Hans Nyman vs Buzariashvili Ramaz
05. Grom Zaza vs Andrei Kopylev
06. Volk Han vs Pieter Oele
07. Dimitri Petkov vs Bitsadze Tariel
08. Akira Maeda vs Dick Vrij

nice, gonna watch now. are you gonna review it with gifs and such?

edit: shit, 15 seconds in and already some brutal stiff knees for a down.

edit edit: those shoot style slams from Bkouri, damn. you have to gif this stuff Boots.

Kaladin

I believe at the announcement they said the day after.

The hook for those shows is them being live.

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't need to see them live anymore. Hell, I hardly watch any TV live these days. Raw is about the only exception, and I fall asleep on them usually.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't see why they wouldn't put Raw on demand the next day. They already do that with all their programming on Hulu right now.

Because the network's will want streaming rights for Raw and the rest included in the new licensing deal. This is why you only get a 90 minute version of Raw on Hulu and that deal is from before online streaming became a hip thing to do.

Penguin

So.. saying they do change their minds and put Bryan in the title hunt leading into Mania...

What does the current card look like for you? I mean no one wants to see Orton/Bryan again... especially as the main event, but do you put the title on Cena again?

Bowser

So.. saying they do change their minds and put Bryan in the title hunt leading into Mania...

What does the current card look like for you? I mean no one wants to see Orton/Bryan again... especially as the main event, but do you put the title on Cena again?

Lesnar vs Bryan for the title would be awesome. I think they may end up going with a triple threat/four way type deal.

Xater

Maybe they will put the title on Lesnar.

Verendus

Banned
My idea of Bryan vs. CM Punk vs. Orton vs. Triple H in an elimination four way just seems even better after last night. The match, the build up, and then it coming down to Bryan and Triple H as the final two after Bryan eliminates CM Punk would be good. Bryan would win, and then they could still save an eventual one on one match between Bryan and Triple H for Extreme Rules where Triple H puts him over again.

Maximum milking impact. I'm too good for this.

The match itself could be booked so well. Even if it was 30-40 minutes, it would be amazing. Just, please, someone give me a four way elimination match.

It's a fatal four way, that turns into a triple threat, that turns into a one on one. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

Xater

My idea of Bryan vs. CM Punk vs. Orton vs. Triple H in an elimination four way just seems even better after last night. The match, the build up, and then it coming down to Bryan and Triple H as the final two after Bryan eliminates CM Punk would be good. Bryan would win, and then they could still save an eventual one on one match between Bryan and Triple H for Extreme Rules where Triple H puts him over again.

Maximum milking impact. I'm too good for this.

The match itself could be booked so well. Even if it was 30-40 minutes, it would be amazing. Just, please, someone give me a four way elimination match.

It's a fatal four way, that turns into a triple threat, that turns into a one on one. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

I think we might actually see Punk vs HHH. The rumors are there and so are the seeds in his storyline. Or I could even see something happening with Kane after this RAW.

Bowser

I think we might actually see Punk vs HHH. The rumors are there and so are the seeds in his storyline. Or I could even see something happening with Kane after this RAW.

Pretty sure that's the one match that seems to be set in stone for WM30 actually.

Top Bottom