• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

kiguel182

Good man. You get the arm raise rub!

abI1X.gif

I'm Ryder? Oh man....

Also, they promised Batista the title at Mania? This Mania? Everything good in the world just died....

I'm setting aside a special promo post to announce the most exciting of news, I am going to enter the GAF rumble and become its first two time winner!
*seagull pop*

So I guess at this point we're all hoping to land on whatever number Big Dave Batista walks out as.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's pretty hilarious hearing Bobby make fun of Backlund being old when he's in the ring with Ric Flair and Ted Dibiase.

Ithil

Roman is gonna be a superstar. It wouldn't even matter if he couldn't talk or wrestler he has the look. He stands out so much next to those two vanilla midgets.

Plus he has some weird sexual energy

A curious term, given Ambrose is taller than Reigns and much more charismatic.

That picture of Ryder standing there watching RAW is so sad. He should make it his gimmick and just stand at random spots in the arena and see who can find him

Verendus

Banned
Watching some old Ric Flair promos.

I miss these kind of personalities in wrestling.

Also, Sting remains so awesome. I wonder if WWE will be able to use him in their games when he retires since he was part of WCW.

DMczaf

Dean Ambrose is pretty tall for a wrestler. He's billed as 6'4, so he's probably 6'2.

Also, Ambrose actually worked on his body and conditioning when he came to WWE. It's refreshing seeing indie guys realize this is a real job and take it seriously. Right, Hero?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Listening to Meltzer, they already promised Batista the title at WM? goddam, they acting like Batista was a Austin/Rock mega star or something. Are they that desperate?
Are you doubting Batista, the next big action star of the next big summer blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy? From Marvel Studios? Owned by Disney?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So many old dudes starting this rumble. Dibiase, Flair, Lawler, Backlund. And then the non-old dudes are terrible like Papa Shango, Virgil, and Knobbs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dean Ambrose is pretty tall for a wrestler. He's billed as 6'4, so he's probably 6'2.

Also, Ambrose actually worked on his body and conditioning when he came to WWE. It's refreshing seeing indie guys realize this is a real job and take it seriously. Right, Hero?
Right, CM Punk?

Verendus

Banned
Batista needs to come back as face. Then turn heel after Wrestlemania. I want a full heel run of Brotista.

Too many faces at the moment.

Watch, as soon as Batista is at the ring the night after his Rumble win, Bryan chants are gonna consume him where he has no choice but to play heel. Calling him a small goat faced loser as he squashes him in the main event that night.

Aiii

So not worth it
Batista signed a two year deal, if a title run is part of the contract, they could do it later.

I think Bryan is winning the Rumble and going up against Orton at Mania. With Punk vs Triple H as the Authority vs Vince match it makes the most sense for Orton vs Bryan instead of Cena vs Batista in a face vs face thing and I doubt they'd do Orton vs. Batista at Mania.

Xater

What about Hulk Hogan? What about Brock? What about Taker? What about Zack Ryder?

Hogan is not going to wrestle so wherever he shows up he won't really matter. Most likely he will be in the corner of Cena. Noticed the very prominent red and yellow undies Cena wire during RAW? It only makes sense!

I can't help but notice there's a fair amount of DX and Evolution members around on the show these days, half of which are still chummy with Trips who seems to be reliving the McMahon Helmsley era glory days in his current role, maybe he's going to make his ultimate dream faction based off his past groups, seems like the kind of thing he'd do.

jmdajr

Hogan is not going to wrestle so wherever he shows up he won't really matter. Most likely he will be in the corner of Cena. Noticed the very prominent red and yellow undies Cena wire during RAW? It only makes sense!

I felt Cena channeled ,though somewhat poorly, Hulk Huogan in a recent backstage interview with Punk before a tag match.

He must be excited.

UberTag

That picture of Ryder standing there watching RAW is so sad. He should make it his gimmick and just stand at random spots in the arena and see who can find him
I approve of this Where's Waldo/Ryder gimmick retool suggestion.

Batista needs to come back as face. Then turn heel after Wrestlemania. I want a full heel run of Brotista.

Too many faces at the moment.
Heel Kofi is the heel we ultimately deserve. Clearly he is getting that spot now that Heel D.Brine has fizzled out prematurely.

Can't wait for that 3-month Old Man Batista / Heel Kofi world title program.

It's a real shame about last night. D.Brine could have used that push.
Now he'll just get lost in the shuffle with all of the other faces.
Provided that he returns from this latest career-threatening injury.

jmdajr

I can't help but notice there's a fair amount of DX and Evolution members around on the show these days, half of which are still chummy with Trips who seems to be reliving the McMahon Helmsley era glory days in his current role, maybe he's going to make his ultimate dream faction based off his past groups, seems like the kind of thing he'd do.

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

krae_man

Batista signed a two year deal, if a title run is part of the contract, they could do it later.

I think Bryan is winning the Rumble and going up against Orton at Mania. With Punk vs Triple H as the Authority vs Vince match it makes the most sense for Orton vs Bryan instead of Cena vs Batista in a face vs face thing and I doubt they'd do Orton vs. Batista at Mania.

The proper way to put Bryan over is for Lesner to win the title before Mania and have Bryan make him tap at mania.

That is you know, assuming Lesner doesn't job to Big Show for absolutely no reason.

jmdajr

So which performer from last year is not getting a spot on the card? Besides Jericho and Rock who simply won't be there.

jmdajr

WWE Championship Match
The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Kane and Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston

No Holds Barred Match with Triple H's Career On The Line
Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
Shawn Michaels will be in Triple H's corner

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Fandango vs. Chris Jericho

Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins (never happened)

Pre-show WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz

Top Bottom