• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Marvel

could never
And I guess Paige did it once? She should use it more
texas.gif

Liontame that bitch. So nice.

Huaky Harris is a piece of shit. Daniel Bryan should live with the memories of Monday Night for ghe restof his life. Its sad to see such a beautiful moment ruined by him.

Was it Husky Harris who inflicted the concussion or the Usos? I rewatched the match last night, and could only see a few spots with the Usos where it might have happened.

Was it Husky Harris who inflicted the concussion or the Usos? I rewatched the match last night, and could only see a few spots with the Usos where it might have happened.
It had to have been Husky, he has a history of being dangerous in the ring. The Sister Abigail is a dangerous move, it contorts your neck. Remember, concussions can have a delayed reaction and be asymptomatic for a bit.

Forkball

Big E should use a sit-out dominator or something.

Or a submission hold where he suffocates someone in his chest.

Big E seriously has the worst finisher. It's kind of like a slam, but the wrestler lands half on the mat and half on Big E, like he's bracing his opponent for impact. A sit-out dominator would be much better. Or even just the dominator. I'm sure Farooq approves.

Striker

The Figure Four was basically at Sharpshooter status of no one tapping out to it and everybody using it by the middle of the 80s. It's like inducting the Atomic Drop.
The Figure Four is basically the Boston Crab now. A submission move that creates a bit of tension but isn't quite a finisher that will make people tap. Rick Martel had it going but wasn't ever a premier submission like Bret's Sharpshooter.

Shawn Michaels and Triple H used the Figure Four a lot too. You know, Triple H, the master of submission wrestling.

And I guess Paige did it once? She should use it more
texas.gif
Looks more similar to the Lasso from El Paso (which seems to have a few diff versions).

Anyone think Batista will have a match this week? or just come out and cut a promo

I am guessing nothing until Rumble but I have been getting hyped up for this.

kiguel182

Anyone think Batista will have a match this week? or just come out and cut a promo

I doubt he will wrestle on free tv. At least until he his champion (bah).

If he doesn't win the Rumble his appearances might be similar to Lesnar's and only wrestles on PPV.

bjork

At best you're gonna get a clothesline or something on Del Rio, but no payoff. WWE don't gotta give shit away on free TV no more.

Recall

Why has there never been a 2D side scrolling beat em up that consists of nothing but fictional wrestlers? Why aren't there more wrestling games in general? Why?

Kaladin

Jim Ross announced today that he has signed a podcast deal with Podcast One, the same company that produces Steve Austin and Chris Jericho podcasts. Ross said his show will likely be released on Wednesdays.

mouserat

Neo Member
two things from RAW:

1) Roman Reigns legit kicking CM Punk in the side of the head with that dropkick on the apron, then making up for it by delivering a running hug as the finish and a three man powerbomb that you could use to gently put your kid to bed

2) Ryback's stiff as hell Press Slam/Powerslam that legit took the wind out of Goldust. the big guy is hilarious on twitter but the dude is a liability in the ring.

there's something Aii and i have in common, Spear into Jackhammer is the greatest finishing combination.

ivUW49rOw12jn.gif

Star%20Spear.gif

hhspear.gif

O12nnc7.gif

Raven%20Spear.gif

hopefully Reigns will be a worthy carrier of the Spear torch.

Xater

you're German? damn, why ain't you at the Football thread? don't care about it or you support a small, losing team (everyone not named Bayern)?

I don't care much for football except for the Euro and World Cup. If I have to support a team it's usually my home town one FC Schalke 04.

Also my PSN is also Xater.

I got WWE's best ppv matches 2013 on blu ray earlier, immediately threw on Punk/Taker from last years Wrestlemania and the match is still freaking awesome, Heyman is pretty hilarious during the match and the finishing segments are such fun even if Taker does basically no sell a GTS. Getting pumped for this years annual Taker match now though I still think Lesnar would be a poor choice, as much as WWE want to sell me on his whole best pure striker waffle that just ain't happening against Lesnar in this day and age.

Then against my better judgement I half watched Cena/Rock TWICE IN ALIFETIME.
Good lord this match is desperate, It's up there with HHH/Taker from WM28 regarding the warped logic that tons of finishes and finisher counters automatically makes a match EPIC. Except it just looks silly and has no flow, ideally the match would end when Cena counters the peoples elbow with an AA since the spot goes perfectly, instead it carries on with like another barrage of finishers and kick outs before flopping to the finish but at least there's the bit where Cena fakes going for the elbow which is amusing (and of course since Cena was going to win they should have had him win from the AA setup he gains from tricking Rock but nope, somehow this ends in like the fourth Rock Bottom of the match). Putting Punk/Taker and Rock/Cena next to one another is like watching how to do your big WM match and then how not to do your big WM match. Also the crowd give very little fucks which is always fun, which is also probably why Bork/Trips 2: The pin drop spectacular isn't on this set.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That would have actually been pretty clever if he just took the photo and provided no caption.

Instead, it's hard to understand. Like he just had a stroke halfway through writing it.

Top Bottom