• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Xater

McNabb-Blank-Stare_GIF.gif

I know man, I know....

But I don't want to be the lame guy who just like they Bayern because they win all the time. That's like liking the Yankees. BVB isn#t an alternative because of serious hometown rivalries.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry guys, WWE loves BIG IMPACT and OUT OF NOWHERES(that happen all the time, so it's kind of self-defeating) finishers. Not submissions. Why do you think Bryan has that knee now?
I miss pinning finishers. Even Japan's tiger/dragon suplexes get kicked out of now.

and DDT is the greatest finisher ever. It was iconic. It matched the character who used it. It was super over for a guy who never even held a title. But most importantly, it was so protected that it was dangerous. That it legit shook people.
Then Undertaker ruined everything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sorry guys, WWE loves BIG IMPACT and OUT OF NOWHERES(that happen all the time, so it's kind of self-defeating) finishers. Not submissions. Why do you think Bryan has that knee now?
I miss pinning finishers. Even Japan's tiger/dragon suplexes get kicked out of now.

and DDT is the greatest finisher ever. It was iconic. It matched the character who used it. It was super over for a guy who never even held a title. But most importantly, it was so protected that it was dangerous. That it legit shook people.
Then Undertaker ruined everything.

Basically as soon as Jake left it became a mid match spot move.

Sometimes people bring it back as their finisher or set up move but yeah, it's a solid mid match move that almost anyone can do and not look like an idiot doing it.

bjork

Or Warrior kicking out of so many Savage elbow drops.

I blame Vince for making faces look immortal so much.

Dude, come on. You haven't walked the path of destrucity, you don't know what the Warrior's true power level was. He said he got the power from the gods. I'm pretty sure gods kick out of elbowdrops.

I spent 2 hours last night on WWE 2k14 downloading community creations. Got almost 40 guys already. Been looking for a good old skool Tommy Dreamer but nothing decent comes up.

I also hate how Yukes took out the tazmission, Ultimate Warriors finishing combo & Earthquakes finisher. This game would have been 10000000X better if they never changed the physics from the old SD games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dude, come on. You haven't walked the path of destrucity, you don't know what the Warrior's true power level was. He said he got the power from the gods. I'm pretty sure gods kick out of elbowdrops.

What is a God to the Madness? Yeah!

Or Warrior kicking out of so many Savage elbow drops.

I blame Vince for making faces look immortal so much.

Warrior was the king of kicking out of finishers. He kicked out of the leg drop, tombstone, pedigree & multiple Savage elbow drops and still won clean.

Deff my fav wrestler growing up. No doubt.

I don't think Warrior ever lost a match besides Rude & Slaughter which were very dirty finishes.

XenoRaven

I remember really liking Raven a lot but was always curious why his finisher was a DDT when everyone in wrestling was using the DDT at that point.

At least he was really good at it.

When I awoke today from the suspended animation of a thousand years of cryo sleep brought about by the revelation that the night of a million warriors was beginning I was told by the great sky warrior that a million warriors must assemble to force back the tyranny of the opressive villains of Gotham and Metropolis as we feel the surge of one billion exobytes light the collective unconsiousness that is the Warriors mind with powers of face melting proportions!

I, The Ultimate Warrior, stand before you on this forum to inform you the genesis of our ride to the sun to eclipse the villainous horde of evil that has washed over the WWF with the might of one million Warriors united in the sky as a furious reminder of the power of the Ultimate Warrior! Load the spaceship with the rocket fuel! Join the Ultimate Warriors and together we will teach the villainous horde that our might is brought to us from the exobyte Gods in the seventh circle of the pyramid of complete domination!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Actually I'm not sure Warrior ever even got leg dropped until WCW.

Pretty sure Sid was the first one to ever kick out of the Leg Drop during the botched run in with Papa Shango.

bjork

Warrior was the king of kicking out of finishers. He kicked out of the leg drop, tombstone, pedigree & multiple Savage elbow drops and still won clean.

Deff my fav wrestler growing up. No doubt.

I don't think Warrior ever lost a match besides Rude & Slaughter which were very dirty finishes.

They had him lose on some house shows, but those don't 'count.' I wonder if he lost on any of the old coliseum tapes?

zychi

Banned
to the dude who was trying to buy a gamecube off ebay. try amazon warehouse, ive had real good luck with buying old systems for cheap from them.

XenoRaven

Raven idolized Jake
Yeah. At the time I didn't even know Jake the Snake invented the DDT. There was never a time when I watched wrestling when the DDT was a big deal. Looking back I can see why Raven used it as his finisher.

Speaking of DDTs, Dolph's DDT looks like he's giving himself an Alabama Slam.

somedevil

Right now there is only 14 Spots remaining in the Royal Rumble. Here are the 16 in the rumble:

Batista-Alberto Del Rio-Kofi Kingston -The Miz -Big E Langston -Goldust -Cody Rhodes-R-Truth -Xavier Woods-C.M. Punk-Fandango-Rey Mysterio-Wade Barrett -Seth Rollins-Roman Reigns-Dean Ambrose

Daniel Bryan has not been announced but his status is in flux with the concussion he got. He had a match with Bray at the Rumble but Alvarez said that might be called off though they did Bray promo with the possibility he could do it.

It would suck if he misses the rumble, but if he cant he should do a promo next week about it so the fans know about it.

Kaladin

I wonder if we'll get Bryan and Punk as #1 and #2 again if Bryan is ok to go.

I'm thinking Bryan will be cleared by the Rumble if at all possible. That's how these things typically go. They're ultra cautious till they're cleared, and when they are they're back in the mix.

Top Bottom