• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Raw64life

Sting to WWE confirmed.

Also, this is like the 3rd title shot Sting has gotten after he lost that match where he was never supposed to get a title shot ever again.

Kensation

TNA's active roster when Sting leaves:

Aries
Roode
Brooke T.
Bully Ray
Sabin
Daniels
Eric Young
EC3
Gail Kim
Gunner
Hernandez
Storm
Jessie Godderz
J. Park
Kaz
Kenny King
Angle
Lai'D Tapa
Madison
Magnus
Manik
Anderson
ODB
Robbie E
Joe
Samuel Shaw
Velvet Sky
Zima
Eddie Edwards
Davey Richards

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

Loser Leaves Town Hype 1985

Jerry Lawler is Drunk

Dave Brown informs us that King has missed a few booked dates, which was highly unusual for him. Lance Russell was sent to King's house to talk to him. Lance finds beer cans and then finds King nearly passed out drunk on the ground. King had never had a drink until 3 days ago. He's quit. He's not wrestling anymore! All because of Bill Dundee. Lance tries to talk him out of it. The camera is cut, but the audio isn't. Dundee comes out in the studio and brags about it.

id2I7ea8bDTqP.gif

The Hawaiian Flash

Dave Brown talks with Tojo and his new partner, the Hawaiian Flash. Flash's voice sounds familiar, but I can't place it. He explains they lost their match because a custodian slammed a door on Tojo's toe. They ask for Dundee to come out about a title match. "I never thought much of this little slant eyed, though." The Flash will trade a tag title match for a title shot against Dundee. Later, we see the Flash and Tojo wrestle in a match. Jerry Jarrett is out on commentary. Jerry was the Flash earlier, but Flash is now undoubtedly Jerry Lawler. Dundee dives over the announce table at Jarrett and a brawl erupts. The Sheepherders and the Fabulous Ones were involved.

ibeLbmOnoqKV90.gif

Burning Heart

Montage of King. Featured a good deal of 70s stuff, which was looked to be Super 8 footage. Also, a lot of the same clips from the 1983 hype videos, including beating up Hulk HOKAN. It's almost exclusively filled with AWA/WWF/NWA guys. Bundy, Rude, Jimmy Hart, Hogan, Bock, Road Warriors, Macho Man, and a few others. We're shown Lance hyping a Jerry Lawler home video. $29.95 (plus $5.95 for shipping and handling) in 1985 dollars. King is almost as hairy as Dutch. King won the match and Dundee bitched and moaned for a rematch. King decided that another loser leaves town match would be great. Also, Dundee's and his wife's hair are on the line. A few years ago, they had this same stipulation and King won that match.

Wild Boys

A Dundee montage. It featured some clips of Dundee vs Bock, which I would like to see. Dundee talked with Lance after the video. Dundee's wife also sent in a video. She had to have been a wrestler, because she's a good promo. She wouldn't agree to the match if she didn't think her husband wasn't going to win the match.

Only about a half hour, so it wasn't that hard to sit through. More enjoyable than the set put together for the 1983 match, at least.

Sting leaving TNA for sure now. Magnus: TNA legend killer.

Yep, TNA won't pay his enormous contract and Sting doesn't give a shit about TNA unless he gets paid, so he's gone. Guy is in horrible shape though and there is no way he can get in decent shape by Mania. He needs a good 6 months atleast unless he wants to put on the worst Undertaker match since him and Kane vs Kronik. He also needs hair plugs, because that bald spot is horrible.

Alucard

Banned
Not even one good match tonight. Bully and Anderson was alright, but man. Guess they're saving "the good stuff" for next week.

strobogo

Banned
Yep, TNA won't pay his enormous contract and Sting doesn't give a shit about TNA unless he gets paid, so he's gone. Guy is in horrible shape though and there is no way he can get in decent shape by Mania. He needs a good 6 months atleast unless he wants to put on the worst Undertaker match since him and Kane vs Kronik. He also needs hair plugs, because that bald spot is horrible.

Fuck hair plugs. He should cut it shorter, though. He's a middle aged man, it's completely acceptable for him to be bald. He doesn't need to hide it. Neither does HBK. Let it go. Undertaker let it go. Jake let it go.

somedevil

They labeled it Genesis but it was really a bait and switch with the real one next week. All they gave you was 24 minutes of wrestling in 2 hours.

Snaku

Banned
Seeing Jake Roberts on Raw really got to me, and after debating myself for a year now I finally decided to order DDP Yoga. I've been overweight practically my entire life, and at 29 years old I shouldn't feel like a 40 year old. I would like to know what it's like to feel good again. It's gonna be hard changing my diet, and finding time to do the work outs in-between working 50+ hours a week while going to school full time, but this needs to happen.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing Jake Roberts on Raw really got to me, and after debating myself for a year now I finally decided to order DDP Yoga. I've been overweight practically my entire life, and at 29 years old I shouldn't feel like a 40 year old. I would like to know what it's like to feel good again. It's gonna be hard changing my diet, and finding time to do the work outs in-between working 50+ hours a week while going to school full time, but this needs to happen.

I just started it this week! I'm 31, fat and way out of shape. The second workout left me gassed but I already feel better. I've also changed my diet big time. We should keep each other updated on our progress. Maybe some others would want to join in? I'm looking to lose about 75lbs by August 1st.

I love when the older ladies at work find out I like wrestling. They get this twinkle in their eyes and start reminiscing of the Von Erichs and Magnum TA.

How does a subject like this get broached exactly?

"Hey Mechashiva, why the long face?"

*sigh* "Oh, it's nothing"

"It doesn't look like nothing"

"Forget it, you wouldn't understand"

"Try me"

"It's just- It's Daniel Bryan. They're fucking burying him, man! Sorry for saying fuck"

"Are you serious? Dave didn't give you time off to go to your friend's funeral?"

"What? No. Daniel Bryan is my favorite wrestler and WWE keeps trying to sabatoge his career. First they turned him heel and made him join the Wyatt Family. Then the Michigan State fans did the Yes chant at a game and it went viral so they aborted that plan. So now you'd think everything was good, right? Nope! They got one of their bullshit doctors to diagnose him with a concussion so now they're not letting him wrestle at the Royal Rumble. It's complete bullshit, they're just trying to bury his ass!"

"Oh, wrestling? Von Erichs, Magnum T.A. blah, blah, blah"

Laserfrog

My grandad would be all Polish and angry when I'd watch wrestling. He was Polish and angry the rest of the time too. He was the best.

Vylash

Just caught up on Impact, so apparently Sting gets a title shot next week despite losing that match where if he lost he would never get another title shot, okay

Laserfrog

What if Bret never left the WWF and so never got concussed and never fell off his bike and never had a stroke and became a time cop?

G-Fex

Just caught up on Impact, so apparently Sting gets a title shot next week despite losing that match where if he lost he would never get another title shot, okay

people cheer for that doofus daniel bryan who lost twice in a fucking night.

Let Sting have his shot.

Top Bottom