• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Toki767

Watched / skipped through the 1993 Royal Rumble on Youtube last night. Such a weird cast of wrestlers, particularly in comparison to the superstar-filled 1992 Rumble. The crowd reaction to Bob Backlund is hilarious - a few audible 'who's. Perfect got a huge pop for eliminating Flair, Savage got a good ovation as the final entrant, but there were so many guys I'd completely forgotten about [Max Moon, Skinner, Terry Taylor, Damien Demento] plus a random appearance from Carlos Colón. A weird time for the WWF.

That was one of the most lackluster Rumbles ever I think.

Snaku

Banned
I just started it this week! I'm 31, fat and way out of shape. The second workout left me gassed but I already feel better. I've also changed my diet big time. We should keep each other updated on our progress. Maybe some others would want to join in? I'm looking to lose about 75lbs by August 1st.

Yeah, we should definitely try to keep each other motivated. I'm shooting for 87lbs by July.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just realised who the second person helping Sting was.

sting.jpg
Reports were correct after all.

Rapstah

Ryback's new gimmick as a loose cannon has to be the fastest turnaround time between gimmick inspiration and actual gimmick yet. Tweets on Saturday, it's his gimmick on Tuesday.

KissVibes

Banned
What if Roman Reigns wins the Rumble but The Shield beat him so bad after the fact that he challenges Ambrose for the US title?

I'm not saying this would be a GOOD idea but I dunno, could be a good swerve.

bjork

What if Roman Reigns wins the Rumble but The Shield beat him so bad after the fact that he challenges Ambrose for the US title?

I'm not saying this would be a GOOD idea but I dunno, could be a good swerve.

What if WWE gets nostalgic for the 1994 ending and they have co-winners, except this time it's four co-winners: all three Shield members, and Kofi doing a headstand out in the third row? :eek:

KissVibes

Banned
What if WWE gets nostalgic for the 1994 ending and they have co-winners, except this time it's four co-winners: all three Shield members, and Kofi doing a headstand out in the third row? :eek:

I could see co-winners again, sure.

I just think it would be cooler than BATISTA WINS! and would make Roman a quick babyface. Give him a good WM moment too.

Aiii

So not worth it

With half the crowd holding up their mobile for bootleg shots, it wouldn't work. I bet it takes less than half an hour for someone on YouTube to show video proof of one guy hitting the floor first.

bjork

With half the crowd holding up their mobile for bootleg shots, it wouldn't work. I bet it takes less than half an hour for someone on YouTube to show video proof of one guy hitting the floor first.

Well, it's not the WWE's fault that the internet basically ruined any bit of mystery and awe that wrasslin' once had. If everyone would just play into kayfabe, but nooooo.

Xater

Ref has final say and if h can#t use video proof it doesn't matter what the crowd sees. I mean that's how it still is in football and that's why there are still lots of wrong decisions. I can#t remember if WWE ever used video footage for the ref to check.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ref has final say and if h can#t use video proof it doesn't matter what the crowd sees. I mean that's how it still is in football and that's why there are still lots of wrong decisions. I can#t remember if WWE ever used video footage for the ref to check.

Except for when they reverse descisions after seeing shit on the Titantron.

WHICH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!

BFIB

Out of all the Batista moments, him powerbombing HHH through the table was by far my favorite.

I love table breaks when it looks like they explode on impact.

Out of all the Batista moments, him powerbombing HHH through the table was by far my favorite.

That was because he was right on the cusp, and they pulled the trigger on that perfectly.

Genre Savvy Batista is Best Batista

Bowser

Looking back that was probably the best Batista moment in his career. Executed perfectly.

Carnby

Is Bret Hart saying "Who are you to doubt El Dandy?" a thing here at wrasslegaf? My friend and I quote it for laughs occasionally.

KissVibes

Banned
That was because he was right on the cusp, and they pulled the trigger on that perfectly.

Genre Savvy Batista is Best Batista

PINK SHIRT BROTISTA is Best Batista.

Also, I noticed that Eddie always said his name the legit away. With the U in it. Wonder if that was on purpose.

jred2k

PINK SHIRT BROTISTA is Best Batista.

Also, I noticed that Eddie always said his name the legit away. With the U in it. Wonder if that was on purpose.

I always thought it had something to do with him speaking Spanish, for some reason. I was blown away when ADR said his name without the U in it.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, despite this week being a wash on Impact, next week's spoilers actually sound really good.

1. Kurt Angle beat Bobby Roode in a cage match with a moonsault off the top of the cage. HOLY SHIT I WANT TO SEE THIS.

2. Austin Aries defeated Chris Sabin to win the X Division Title while Velvet Sky was locked in a cage at ringside. YES.

3. Samoa Joe beat Rockstar Spud. YES.

4. Gunner defeated James Storm to keep his TNA Title shot briefcase. Good move.

Bro-Mans and Zema Ion beat up Eric Young until Abyss made the save.

5. Magnus defeated Sting to retain the TNA Title with interference. Magnus tore up Sting's contract after the match. BYE BYE STING.

The only downside is that it doesn't sound like the Wolves are anywhere on the show. Maybe more backstage segments?

jred2k

This is such a bad haircut. Its like he couldn't fully commit to a mullet and it's all stuck to his head and matted.

wwetripleh_1.jpg

^That is the worst facial hair in history. It probably doesn't help that it belonged to someone who is a complete bore and you'd have to watch it move for 20 mins at a time while he talked.

Kaladin

Okay, despite this week being a wash on Impact, next week's spoilers actually sound really good.

1. Kurt Angle beat Bobby Roode in a cage match with a moonsault off the top of the cage. HOLY SHIT I WANT TO SEE THIS.

2. Austin Aries defeated Chris Sabin to win the X Division Title while Velvet Sky was locked in a cage at ringside. YES.

3. Samoa Joe beat Rockstar Spud. YES.

4. Gunner defeated James Storm to keep his TNA Title shot briefcase. Good move.

Bro-Mans and Zema Ion beat up Eric Young until Abyss made the save.

5. Magnus defeated Sting to retain the TNA Title with interference. Magnus tore up Sting's contract after the match. BYE BYE STING.

The only downside is that it doesn't sound like the Wolves are anywhere on the show. Maybe more backstage segments?

Homerstingflag.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
They could only afford the Wolves for half of the night, or else they wouldn't have had enough cash to send half the roster to the UK.

Xater

Man they are still making changes to the show I am going to tomorrow and just added a new match: Kazuki Hashimoto vs Kim Ray.

They say Hashimoto has a kind of similar style to Shibata. Bootaay you wanna weigh in on this?

BFIB

A buddy of mine just called asking if I wanted to go to WWE's live event in St. Louis tonight.

Its been a long time since I've gone to a regular house show.

Vylash

Tough Enough is completely useless so I'd rather it stay gone, hell the only winner they've gotten any decent mileage out of is Maven

Top Bottom