• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

kiguel182

I actually enjoyed the reeboot of tough enough. The format can work.

Sure they won't make big stars out of the participants but it's fun to watch.

Tough Enough also gave us one half of the funkadactyls, the untalented one.

Not a fan of Taker vs Lesnar at Mania. That means Brock losing. If anybody needs to lose vs Taker at Mania, its Cena. Have Cena job at Mania.

I would also take Bryan going over Taker at Mania.

Brocks gonna have a match with Tista. We all know its coming.

I doubt Sting will ever just show up to job to Taker at Mania.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It'd be nice if Sting vs Taker would happen, it'd be even nicer if it ended in a draw and also they need to stop thawing Taker to drag him out for yet another WM. Lots of these guys need to retire already.

Jamie OD

Okay, despite this week being a wash on Impact, next week's spoilers actually sound really good.

1. Kurt Angle beat Bobby Roode in a cage match with a moonsault off the top of the cage. HOLY SHIT I WANT TO SEE THIS.

2. Austin Aries defeated Chris Sabin to win the X Division Title while Velvet Sky was locked in a cage at ringside. YES.

3. Samoa Joe beat Rockstar Spud. YES.

4. Gunner defeated James Storm to keep his TNA Title shot briefcase. Good move.

Bro-Mans and Zema Ion beat up Eric Young until Abyss made the save.

5. Magnus defeated Sting to retain the TNA Title with interference. Magnus tore up Sting's contract after the match. BYE BYE STING.

The only downside is that it doesn't sound like the Wolves are anywhere on the show. Maybe more backstage segments?

It's the show everybody thought they were going to get last night.

Pavaloo

Uh, what did I just stumble onto?
Stratusfaction_Guranteed_by_ridineazy.png

Smackdown was pretty great this week, enjoyed all the matches, even Naomi vs Tamina. Miz on commentary wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as I was expecting, either. Also;

iU3nZUWXoJemq.gif

Finding it hard to hate these guys when they're so awesome and the continued unwarranted beating up of Zeb is getting kinda annoying. Maybe if The Real Americans were allowed to reeeeeeeeally heel it up I wouldn't end up feeling sympathetic for Zeb as he gets beat up by random supposed good guys. Again.

gurudyne

I think Tough Enough could be a good idea now that WWE has NXT. Have TE be the reality show with the basic training, but have the winner get a televised spot on NXT and make them work their way up to the main show like anyone else. That way, you get a prize worth something, WWE gets a "homegrown" talent with exposure plus the extended training beyond TE itself and you don't piss off the whole locker room by leapfrogging the new guy to the major leagues.

Verendus

Banned
Really, my ideal card for Wrestlemania would be:

Batista vs. Lesnar
Cena vs. Undertaker
Triple H vs. CM Punk vs. Orton
Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels

Or

Batista vs. Lesnar
Cena vs. Undertaker
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

I'm going to be there live so I want the top two matches to happen at least. The other two would be a bonus.

that Wade gimmicks screams of "we need to have our token british guy on screen doing something". shit won't go anywhere, just release him, let him go wrestle "Mastiff" in "England".

The best storyline I saw featuring Wade Barrett was one in a computer game!

Barrett, McIntyre & Sheamus formed some United Kingdom superstable with William Regal as their manager.

MaestroKnux

Bray Wyatt uses an LED light for his lantern instead of a candle light? I actually seen this topic be discussed and it's getting mixed reactions.

On one hand, and LED light won't ever go out mid ramp or when it starts, it perfect for when Bray cuts it off when its needed. On the other hand, a candle light adds realism to the entrance, as well as the lighting would be more candescent when it reflects off of Bray's face.

Top Bottom