• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

WWE actually gives a warning to the live audience before the show to not throw anything in the ring, otherwise they would sue you to the fullest extent of the law.

WWE actually gives a warning to the live audience before the show to not throw anything in the ring, otherwise they would sue you to the fullest extent of the law.

Do they?

Always wondered why we never saw as much garbage tossing in WWE than we did in WCW / TNA / ECW and pretty much every wrestling organisation ever.

Man they are still making changes to the show I am going to tomorrow and just added a new match: Kazuki Hashimoto vs Kim Ray.

They say Hashimoto has a kind of similar style to Shibata. Bootaay you wanna weigh in on this?

Kazuki Hashimoto's one of my favourite young wrestlers in Japan at the moment - he's far from the complete package as of yet, but shows a TON of fire and attitude and, much like Shibata, is a pretty brutal striker;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z881ua3_w5A

He's not a perfect replacement for the much more experienced and travelled Daisuke, but Kim Ray should be a good opponent for Kazuki. I imagine it'll be a fairly hard-hitting sort of match. Here's a good highlight video of some his stuff;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr106GqNgk

Do they?

Always wondered why we never saw as much garbage tossing in WWE than we did in WCW / TNA / ECW and pretty much every wrestling organisation ever.

I was there for the Christmas taping last month, and that's pretty much what they said over the mic. I was surprised myself.

I have no idea for how long they've been giving these warnings though.

Now that I think about it maybe the accident with Droz probably got WWE to have a zero tolerance policy to fans tossing anything into the ring.

I really cant think of many cases of people tossing stuff at someone in WWF/E.

kiguel182

So this weeks Impact was pretty much just a set up for next week... Not cool. I was actually looking forward for Roode vs Angle, I'll have to wait I guess.

But as far as teases go it wasn't that bad, the ending promo was cool and there are some seeds to future storylines.

The matches themselves were not good, Anderson is out of shape and EC3 vs Sting was only passable.

Next week should be better.

Xater

Kazuki Hashimoto's one of my favourite young wrestlers in Japan at the moment - he's far from the complete package as of yet, but shows a TON of fire and attitude and, much like Shibata, is a pretty brutal striker;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z881ua3_w5A

He's not a perfect replacement for the much more experienced and travelled Daisuke, but Kim Ray should be a good opponent for Kazuki. I imagine it'll be a fairly hard-hitting sort of match. Here's a good highlight video of some his stuff;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr106GqNgk

Ok that does looks promising. It will be interesting to see what other card changes there will be tomorrow. They already said they will change some stuff around and we will learn about it at the show.

Penguin

For anyone who follows me on Twitter, and you really shouldn't, I've been going through old Rumbles (currently finishing 2008)

And just dawned on me that Big Show vs Brock Lesnar is a rematch from Royal Rumble that we had 11 years ago... even has Paul Heyman.

And... why does Big Show have such longevity!

Xater

For anyone who follows me on Twitter, and you really shouldn't, I've been going through old Rumbles (currently finishing 2008)

And just dawned on me that Big Show vs Brock Lesnar is a rematch from Royal Rumble that we had 11 years ago... even has Paul Heyman.

And... why does Big Show have such longevity!

I am pretty sure that has been pointed out before. I don#t know why anyone would want to see that again.

I think it was probably that WCW didn't want to kick anyone out, so people knew they could get away with shit.

Those crowds put WWE to shame, they were so special. I went to 4-5 live events during its hayday, and I can tell you It was some of the best times I ever had. It was like being in a mob.

Penguin

I am pretty sure that has been pointed out before. I don#t know why anyone would want to see that again.

No one wants to see it again

Not even sure why wasting a costly Brock appearance on this feud.

I think Mark Henry vs Brock Lesnar would have at least been new.

This is really a card being held together by the Rumble... which isn't that intriguing right now

Verendus

Banned
Watching some old Raw matches, and came across this promo again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sxQ5N-lag

This was to hype Triple H's return after his injury in 2001. WWE made some good hype videos back then. Now that I think about it, it's such a strange way to hype a heel's return, but then he was extremely over as a face when he initially returned. And jacked. This was best Triple H. 2000-2001 Triple H. Jimmy Hit me with that Triple H, Triple H.

I also just saw this Batista return video. I'm now 100% sure Batista is winning the Royal Rumble to face Lesnar for the title at Wrestlemania. If this turns out wrong, I will take my shovel to everyone. No mercy.

Xater

No one wants to see it again

Not even sure why wasting a costly Brock appearance on this feud.

I think Mark Henry vs Brock Lesnar would have at least been new.

This is really a card being held together by the Rumble... which isn't that intriguing right now

Not only would it have been new but might have also been entertaining. Hell I would have taken a David vs Goliath booking. But Bryan in there with Lesnar. No title would be on the line, it's interesting and you would have two over guys in a match. if you give me some time I could probably come with lots of other stuff that would be more interesting that booking Lesnar with Big Show.

jred2k

Batista should come back as his character from Man with the Iron Fists. Instant setup for a singles feud between him and Goldust.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can you blame them? He does so few dates that you can#t really have him end a feud with a win. At least not as a heel.

Uh except they've done that before?

I still think they should just give him the title. It'd be refreshing to have a champion refuse to even go on Smackdown and only show up to Raw whenever he feels like it because hes the champion and he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Vylash

I just don't want Lesnar jobbing to crapTista. We all know that match is bound to happen at mania and they will job Brock out again.

I don't want that loser Batista anywhere near a Mania main event, I kinda wanna see Bryan vs Lesnar but there's no way they'd do that

Verendus

Banned
Really, it should have been Lesnar vs. Orton at the Royal Rumble. This is where Lesnar could win the title. Cena should have been in the Royal Rumble match. Then at Elimination Chamber, we could've had Lesnar defend his title against Cena, Orton, Bryan, Punk and Kane/Big Show/Henry.

At least Lesnar vs. Orton would be interesting just to see how they mesh in the ring. Cena vs. Orton has happened so many times. I don't think I remember Lesnar and Orton ever facing off. Orton was even more of a curtain jerker back during the time of Lesnar Prime.

I will take this all back if Lesnar is in the actual Royal Rumble match. His only match at the PPV can't be with Big Show. I refuse to believe that could be the case.

jred2k

Uh except they've done that before?

I still think they should just give him the title. It'd be refreshing to have a champion refuse to even go on Smackdown and only show up to Raw whenever he feels like it because hes the champion and he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

That would come with the added bonus of more Paul Heyman every week. Just have Brock say he won't accept someone as a challenger unless they can put together a string of 10 wins or something. That might at least make it look like there is some competition to get to the top of the card.

That would come with the added bonus of more Paul Heyman every week. Just have Brock say he won't accept someone as a challenger unless they can put together a string of 10 wins or something. That might at least make it look like there is some competition to get to the top of the card.

Kofi's 1/5 of the way there . Once in a life time. !!!

Verendus

Banned
I don't want that loser Batista anywhere near a Mania main event, I kinda wanna see Bryan vs Lesnar but there's no way they'd do that
Thank Godzilla because it would be terrible for Wrestlemania. Maybe at another PPV. If not Batista at Wrestlemania, they should put Lesnar in there with Undertaker.

BFIB

I was just checking on WWE's "Where are they now?" page, and read Kurrigan's.

Had no idea he played the Russian Jaeger in Pacific Rim. Mind blown.

Vylash

Thank Godzilla because it would be terrible for Wrestlemania. Maybe at another PPV. If not Batista at Wrestlemania, they should put Lesnar in there with Undertaker.

Lesnar vs Taker would be interesting, except for the fact that Lesnar is way too physical and would probably kill him

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bring back King of the Ring, let the King give up his crown for a title shot or something.

Comes off as too MITB-ish though.

Top Bottom