• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Xater

Might actually get this year's WWE game, haven't bought one since Smackdown vs Raw 2008

I haven't bought one since the PS2 days. I might get it they they actually put some effort into it and it looks good. Man I hope they use the NBA 2K engine. With proper scans it could look so good.

mrboo001

Banned
Might actually get this year's WWE game, haven't bought one since Smackdown vs Raw 2008

I got WWE13 for $10. Its not a bad game and the Attitude Era mode was fun. New engine took a while to get use to. I think 2k14 would be similar, but I'm still waiting for its price to go down.

Bray Wyatt uses an LED light for his lantern instead of a candle light?

I think it a little lame they can't use actual fire for the lantern but not enough for me to really be mad about it.

Bootaaay's mega wicked idea for Wade Barrett;

After one of his usual scathing 'Bad News Barrett' segments, Wade tumbles from his podium and crashes hard to the concrete. Michael Cole dusts off his Owen Voice and informs us that Wade's being rushed to hospital, but the prognosis isn't good. Over the next few weeks, we learn that Wade's fallen into a coma. Various Superstars™ of the WWE Universe™ are shown visiting him in hospital. "How heart-warming", says Cole, pointing out that people still care for Wade's well-being, in spite of all the Bad News he has brought them. Fast forward to WrestleMania and Cole tells us the great news that, fresh out of his coma, Wade Barrett's making a special appearance tonight! The WWE Universe™ prepares to show their support for the fallen Superstar™. "Who knows what sort of condition he's in, Michael? His brain could've turned to mush." says JBL. Suddenly, the lights go out and an ominous music starts to play. Laser lights strobe and smoke fills the ring, then in an instant a shape appears in the fog. It appears to be some sort of rectangular box...blue, with a light on top. The doors open, the lights come up and there stands Wade Barrett, wearing a jaunty hat and with an eccentric scarf draped about his neck. Cole enters the ring, obviously confused. "Wade, what is all this?" Michael asks. "Wade? No, no, dear fellow. You may call me The Doctor and this is my TARDIS." Wade replies, gesturing to what can now be made out as a blue box with "POLICE" written on the top. Wade returns through the doors, saying "To Gallifrey!", before kicking the door closed behind him. Fog clouds the ring once more and an apprehensive Cole backs away, before falling over in utter shock as the TARDIS disappears from sight.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
I think the better question is: why does Bootaay have Iwata dressed as a Nazi for his avatar?

HEY! Show some respect for Generalissimo Takada, damnit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt74OsOCErc

Bray Wyatt uses an LED light for his lantern instead of a candle light? I actually seen this topic be discussed and it's getting mixed reactions.

On one hand, and LED light won't ever go out mid ramp or when it starts, it perfect for when Bray cuts it off when its needed. On the other hand, a candle light adds realism to the entrance, as well as the lighting would be more candescent when it reflects off of Bray's face.

I heard that a real lantern isn't used because of fire hazard reasons.

Entropia

No One Remembers
SilkyDependableElephantbeetle.gif

Indie Wrestling lol

Xater

After one of his usual scathing 'Bad News Barrett' segments, Wade tumbles from his podium and crashes hard to the concrete. Michael Cole dusts off his Owen Voice and informs us that Wade's being rushed to hospital, but the prognosis isn't good. Over the next few weeks, we learn that Wade's fallen into a coma. Various Superstars™ of the WWE Universe™ are shown visiting him in hospital. "How heart-warming", says Cole, pointing out that people still care for Wade's well-being, in spite of all the Bad News he has brought them. Fast forward to WrestleMania and Cole tells us the great news that, fresh out of his coma, Wade Barrett's making a special appearance tonight! The WWE Universe™ prepares to show their support for the fallen Superstar™. "Who knows what sort of condition he's in, Michael? His brain could've turned to mush." says JBL. Suddenly, the lights go out and an ominous music starts to play. Laser lights strobe and smoke fills the ring, then in an instant a shape appears in the fog. It appears to be some sort of rectangular box...blue, with a light on top. The doors open, the lights come up and there stands Wade Barrett, wearing a jaunty hat and with an eccentric scarf draped about his neck. Cole enters the ring, obviously confused. "Wade, what is all this?" Michael asks. "Wade? No, no, dear fellow. You may call me The Doctor and this is my TARDIS." Wade replies, gesturing to what can now be made out as a blue box with "POLICE" written on the top. Wade returns through the doors, saying "To Gallifrey!", before kicking the door closed behind him. Fog clouds the ring once more and an apprehensive Cole backs away, before falling over in utter shock as the TARDIS disappears from sight.

WWE isn't Chikara Bootaay!

or he could "wrestle" "Mastiff" in the "UK".

Well the good news is that it's pretty much impossible for the next WWE game to be worse than SD vs Raw 2008 which is arguably the shittiest entry of all the games in the Smackdown series and its extended family.
But I'm afraid that i've also got some BAD NEWS! and put simply it's that the games are still consistently mediocre at best and as long as they keep making bank Yukes will keep churning out these turds well into next gen where we'll still be chained to the series PS1 origins on a PS4.

Is there a Jerry jokes twitter or tumblr? Someone needs to get on that.

There was one he said that involved Vickie and a tombstone/funeral that didn't involve a fat joke, but I can't remember it sadly. It was actually funny, too. Another one that I still laugh at is "you thought Vince and Linda got married? Nonono, see, to Vince that was a merger."

somedevil

Here are the top ratings for the this Monday's Raw for the 18-49 male demographic:

- Peak #1: 2.33 rating in Q4 (end of the first hour) for the end of Big Show vs. Jack Swagger and New Age Outlaws's ring introductions before their six-man tag match with C.M. Punk against The Shield.

The actual six-man tag then dipped to a 2.24 rating in Q5 at the top of the second hour.

- Peak #2: 2.35 rating in Q7 for the Ultimate Warrior's Hall of Fame announcement, which was helped by a pre-commercial teaser.

- Peak #3: 2.39 rating in Q9 (top of the third hour) for the end of Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston and post-match injury angle involving John Cena, Sr.

- Over-Run Peak: 2.40 over-run rating for the end of the steel cage main event and Daniel Bryan dumping the Wyatts.

So the final angle with Bryan went from a 2.01 to a 2.40. Its seems like the audience fatigues from Q10-Q12 during Raw.

Also, the lowest rated segment:

Raw slipped to a show-low 1.95 rating for John Cena vs. Damien Sandow, plus one commercial.

I have a feeling that the next WWE game will be bare bones if we don't get Yukes. Not that I want Yukes on board, but I don't want another bare bones game like that EA UFC game seems to be.

RBH

American Wolves in TNA kinda reminds me of Air Raid, Kid Kash, EZ Money etc. popping up in WCW in 2001 before the company shut down.

I have a feeling that the next WWE game will be bare bones if we don't get Yukes. Not that I want Yukes on board, but I don't want another bare bones game like that EA UFC game seems to be.

Honestly looking forward to what the next game might bring. Even if it is Yukes, I think 2K have started to impose better control over them.

I still wake up in cold sweats from having flashbacks to that Carlito/Hornswoggle Loony Tunes moment.

What about the other Looney Tunes moment with Coach trying to blow up Hornswoggle hiding under the ring with a dynamite plunger?

Somehow I think the Little People's Court was worse than both.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly looking forward to what the next game might bring. Even if it is Yukes, I think 2K have started to impose better control over them.

If you look at the "quality control" 2k exhibits on the sports games they don't give a shit about you'll know that THQ era Yukes will fit right in and there's a decent chance they don't change anything.

Here are the top ratings for the this Monday's Raw for the 18-49 male demographic:

So the final angle with Bryan went from a 2.01 to a 2.40. Its seems like the audience fatigues from Q10-Q12 during Raw.

Also, the lowest rated segment:

These numbers seem pretty low in general, are they?

RBH

I'm perfectly fine with a bare bones game and basically rebuilding the foundation of the game if it means Yukes is gone for good.

Gotta think long-term since the short-term thinking of Yukes/THQ has resulted in the shit that we currently have now.

Top Bottom