• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Entropia

No One Remembers
rI LIKE HOW YOU NERD SWERE LIKE "OMG HOW DARE u H8 MY WEABOO WREASSLIN' EARLIER

LOL

ALSO

WELCOME BACK THE
THE ONLY
VINCENT
KENNEDY

MCMAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

RBH

827%20-%20are_you_serious%20puppet_h%20road_dogg%20thumbs_up%20wwe.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because NPR/Air America doesn't get DA RATINGS. People don't listen to civil discussions on the radio. They listen to obnoxiousness and sex talk.

I think I'm about to get an old iPhone 3 and use it like an iPod touch. Will unactivated phones still be able to use GPS?

I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 to do just that with. The GPS works on this bad larry without even putting in a SIM card and it only cost me 50 bucks.

strobogo

Banned
I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 to do just that with. The GPS works on this bad larry without even putting in a SIM card and it only cost me 50 bucks.

It's StroMomo's old phone, stuck in a box for a year or two. I have a pre-iPhone smart phone, which basically means a touch screen that can't do anything. I just want the GPS for bike stuff and maybe higher storage for music/podcasts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's StroMomo's old phone, stuck in a box for a year or two. I have a pre-iPhone smart phone, which basically means a touch screen that can't do anything. I just want the GPS for bike stuff and maybe higher storage for music/podcasts.

This biking forum says yes:

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-908545.html

EDIT: Or does it? SWERVE! I guess it depends on the exact model. Some don't use a dedicated GPS chip.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on Smackdown. Brutal-looking fall by Naomi in her match against Tamina. Goddamn. Whose fault was that? I hope they don't hold Naomi back because of it. She looked really damn good in that match aside from the face drop.

Also, that Mae Young tribute gave me major feels.

strobogo

Banned
TNA is still gonna TNA. Even with the much better card, I have no interest in tuning in next week. Major WCW 2001 vibes all around. Young dudes suddenly being pushed super hard, new investors, big heel stable, all the while performing to tiny crowds and bleeding money. I hope HHH has a big announcement on Raw on 3/24/14. Then all the guys that WWE already fired can be fired again, which I think is around 15 people on the TV roster and a few more in production.

Alucard

Banned
TNA is still gonna TNA. Even with the much better card, I have no interest in tuning in next week. Major WCW 2001 vibes all around. Young dudes suddenly being pushed super hard, new investors, big heel stable, all the while performing to tiny crowds and bleeding money. I hope HHH has a big announcement on Raw on 3/24/14. Then all the guys that WWE already fired can be fired again, which I think is around 15 people on the TV roster and a few more in production.

Yeah, it was a pretty bad show. It reeks of panic, or of just not knowing what they hell they're doing. That's two straight poor and screwy main events for them. I don't get how they don't do their research and see that WCW died BECAUSE of all the bullshit finishes to their matches in the latter half of their lifespan.

strobogo

Banned
The thing that really stood out to me was how out of character it would be for Bobby Roode being cool with being one of the random guys in a big stable, even if it isn't an official stable yet. It'd be like HHH being just a random dude in Evolution while Orton or Batista were the leaders, and him not caring at all. Sting sounded fired up, at least. I think he has one big match left in him should he go to WWE. Especially a match with Taker, since those are spectacle matches with a lot of down time.

G-Fex

Alright I'm going to cast something then I'll be watching a TNA DVD. I've got enough Rockstar and pizza to get me through it I think

RBH

This storyline with Magnus driving Styles and Sting out of TNA also reminds me of Steiner driving Nash and DDP out during the final months of WCW 2001.

somedevil

The TNA roster is a mess right now. They have only 28 people that are active and have been on tv. Then have 2 people under contracts that haven't appeared on tv in a long time. Then they have 3 who are on leave for personal issues or can't go to foreign countries because of criminal history. Then finally they have 1 that is gone next week.

Jeff Hardy won't been seen until the earliest in March and they will only be bringing 5 divas to England.

edit: Also, have they introduced the American wolves was stupid. No build up or shock just hey here they are backstage with Dixie with them looking like why the hell are we here. Then they make WWE and Jeff Jarrett jokes and Davey Richards is short if Dixie is as tall as him.

Alucard

Banned
The thing that really stood out to me was how out of character it would be for Bobby Roode being cool with being one of the random guys in a big stable, even if it isn't an official stable yet. It'd be like HHH being just a random dude in Evolution while Orton or Batista were the leaders, and him not caring at all. Sting sounded fired up, at least. I think he has one big match left in him should he go to WWE. Especially a match with Taker, since those are spectacle matches with a lot of down time.

Sting and EC3 were the best parts of last night's Impact outside of the brief appearance by the American Wolves. I've actually been really impressed with the amount of passion Sting has brought in his exchanges with EC3. The downside? The actual match between the two men, which had been being built for a couple of months, was a fucking farce. It was a slap in the face of fans who were actually interested in finally seeing Sting try to teach EC3 a lesson with EC3 getting a credible victory over the Icon. Just soooo fucking stupid...as stupid as Magnus still not having a credible victory over anybody during this entire run up to the title.

Alucard

Banned
The TNA roster is a mess right now. They have only 28 people that are active and have been on tv. Then have 2 people under contracts that haven't appeared on tv in a long time. Then they have 3 who are on leave for personal issues or can't go to foreign countries because of criminal history. Then finally they have 1 that is gone next week.

Jeff Hardy won't been seen until the earliest in March and they will only be bringing 5 divas to England.

The thing is, I don't understand HOW THEY DON'T SEE the parallels between their booking and WCW's booking before they went under. People DON'T WANT screw job finishes week after week for fuck sakes.

How to fix TNA:

-X-Division with Aries, Sabin, Manik, King, Ion, and maybe Eddie Edwards
-Tag division rejuvenation with at least two more teams in addition to Bad Influence, Bromans, and the Wolves. EY and Joseph Park don't count because they're a side act
-Make Magnus look legit with a star-making performance against a top TNA face...oops, he's already run through almost all of them
-Stop with the screw jobs and run-ins. FUCK.

Err, this was thought up on the spot. But you get the idea.

UberTag

The writing's on the wall for TNA. We should start taking predictions on when the entire venture will fold and when that inevitably happens whether any of this talent will head to WWE or whether they'll just go work for Double J's new company or ROH.

strobogo

Banned
The thing is, I don't understand HOW THEY DON'T SEE the parallels between their booking and WCW's booking before they went under. People DON'T WANT screw job finishes week after week for fuck sakes.

How to fix TNA:

-X-Division with Aries, Sabin, Manik, King, Ion, and maybe Eddie Edwards
-Tag division rejuvenation with at least two more teams in addition to Bad Influence, Bromans, and the Wolves. EY and Joseph Park don't count because they're a side act
-Make Magnus look legit with a star-making performance against a top TNA face...oops, he's already run through almost all of them
-Stop with the screw jobs and run-ins. FUCK.

Err, this was thought up on the spot. But you get the idea.

It seems like since AJ is gone and Sting is probably not coming back, the next top face is Joe. But Joe has been booked terribly for years now. It's a very Steiner as champ situation where he got the belt and eliminated all of the top faces, leaving no one left. I know the end game was everyone coming back at once to take Steiner down, but they never got to that point. It feels like everyone besides the 6 faces in the tag matches is a heel. NXT has more talent depth than TNA right now. Of the faces they do have, none of them have been booked well enough to be taken seriously in the last few years (James Storm, EY, Joe) or are completely unready for a top face spot and/or suck (Gunner). What good is a heel champion and giant heel stable with no faces?

Alucard

Banned
I'm just gonna start drilling Dixie's Twitter with helpful messages like "Fans don't want a million run-ins and screwy endings. This is how WCW died."

RBH

Doesn't TNA's contract with Spike TV end this fall?

I'll be very very interested to see if Viacom can get in on the WWE TV contract bidding, because if they do, that in itself would be an automatic death knell for TNA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I'll be very very interested to see if Viacom can get in on the WWE TV contract bidding, because if they do, that in itself would be an automatic death knell for TNA.

It's been said they have some interest in Smackdown.

It conveniently ends just as WWE's deal with NBC ends. I'm thinking Viacom would want to put in a big bid. I mean, Viacom owns Bellator. They could want to use WWE to try to "launch" Bellator, similar to what WWE did to UFC back with TUF 1. Pure speculation, but it is odd that both companies' deals end at the same time.

Alucard

Banned
It seems like since AJ is gone and Sting is probably not coming back, the next top face is Joe. But Joe has been booked terribly for years now. It's a very Steiner as champ situation where he got the belt and eliminated all of the top faces, leaving no one left. I know the end game was everyone coming back at once to take Steiner down, but they never got to that point. It feels like everyone besides the 6 faces in the tag matches is a heel. NXT has more talent depth than TNA right now. Of the faces they do have, none of them have been booked well enough to be taken seriously in the last few years (James Storm, EY, Joe) or are completely unready for a top face spot and/or suck (Gunner). What good is a heel champion and giant heel stable with no faces?

This is why I look to the Wolves as beacons of hope. However, I worry about how long it will take for booking to screw them up.

TNA needs to find a home past March before thinking about Fall. I'd think it won't be hard for them to get on a network with 1.0+ ratings every week, but this is gonna be where not having Bischoff and Hogan will hurt them. Plus Jarrett and Toby Keith's promotion is rumored to be going on CMT.

TNA can't afford all the ex WWE stars so now they gotta beg the IWC to watch so look for alot more signings like Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards that will work cheap and hard for $200-$500 for each night of tapings.

FyreWulff

I imagine the WWE will take some of the works. Angle is obvious, Sting if he hasn't signed yet. Devon and Ray have a tag division to actually go back to now.

Also, as an aside.. has anyone noticed that Kofi's merchandise push is much higher than his actual position within the company? Whenever I go to Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc, the merch is always at least:

Cena
Taker
Rey
Kofi

Today, the entire WWE section was Kofi, Taker, with Kofi and Brodus Clay plushes. And a 3-pack of masks for Kane, Rey, and Sin Cara. The action figures were Kofi, Dolph, and Taker.

He's even featured prominently for the WWE ring-thing with the minifigs of wrestlers.

And then you watch TV and nothin' but midcard limbo for him

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I imagine the WWE will take some of the works. Angle is obvious, Sting if he hasn't signed yet. Devon and Ray have a tag division to actually go back to now.

Also, as an aside.. has anyone noticed that Kofi's merchandise push is much higher than his actual position within the company? Whenever I go to Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc, the merch is always at least:

Cena
Taker
Rey
Kofi

Today, the entire WWE section was Kofi, Taker, with Kofi and Brodus Clay plushes. And a 3-pack of masks for Kane, Rey, and Sin Cara. The action figures were Kofi, Dolph, and Taker.

He's even featured prominently for the WWE ring-thing with the minifigs of wrestlers.

And then you watch TV and nothin'

PROTIP: He's the most over person in the company with dark skin. If things keep going well you'll see Big E dolls instead in a year or two.

FyreWulff

PROTIP: He's the most over person in the company with dark skin. If things keep going well you'll see Big E dolls instead in a year or two.

True, but MVP was there alongside him when he was still with the company on the shelves.

I asked a friend and realized this, it might also help that he's been a face for his entire WWE career. So he hasn't given kids a reason to NOT buy his stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kids do love him to be sure and they are the ones that buy the action figures/have them bought for them.

I'm not saying its entirely because he is black either but that is definitely part of it.

FyreWulff

As a tangent off that tangent, they also give him the loudest damn pyro.

Last RAW I went to, I was on the other damn side of the arena up in the nosebleeds and I could feel the compression wave in my chest from his pyro.

S O S THEY HEAR ME CRYIIN*BOOM BOOM*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like Kofi despite having the second* weirdest chest in the WWE.

He's basically permanent enhancement talent though and doesn't quite work well in tag teams.

*Well, weirdest when Jericho is on tour.

Top Bottom