• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

I hope D. Brine does do the body paint thing for Mania. It'd look pretty boss if he did all dragon scales or something. Actually as I think about it... how come no one does elaborate PPV costumes anymore? Seems like Michaels/HHH both did it during one of their Taker matches, but basically no one outside of that.

Pavaloo

Daniel Bryan had that green coat for that one PPV lol. The Miz has that stupid coat too, I wonder if he'll have a stupider version of it for mania.

I think Fandango would really be able to rock a gown/robe

I hope D. Brine does do the body paint thing for Mania. It'd look pretty boss if he did all dragon scales or something. Actually as I think about it... how come no one does elaborate PPV costumes anymore? Seems like Michaels/HHH both did it during one of their Taker matches, but basically no one outside of that.

So JBL and Cole can snicker and snort at him? No thanks.

Mysterio's doesn't count?

Foffy

Banned
i55bKVaPeSvk0.jpg

Didn't Devitt have similar paint work done during Wrestle Kingdom? Is there a reason Nakamura has a very similar job done? Is he part of Bullet Club?

gurudyne

I'm surprised they didn't just wait to do it the same time as the WWE Network debuts. They could have even loaded up the Network with ads for Cena's new line.

You can't pile that many expenditures on top of one another. The fan--WWE Universe will feel like they're getting charged to death if you make them pay for all of it at once.

In all seriousness, what's the deal with WWE clothing? Even by the standards of targeting children with no taste, they release so many things that look godawful unappealing. That R TIME = NOW shirt from last year that came just after the most-watched Mania in history--how does something like that happen?

Rapstah

Maybe Cena designs his own clothing. "Wow, King, not only is he a 16-time World Champion, an actor, a New York Times best-selling author, a world-class bodybuilder, and a multi-million-selling rapper, he designs clothes in his spare time!"

strobogo

Banned
Those hair cuts don't even make sense to me. I can't figure out how you'd do that.

Every WWE shirt would be immediately 50% better if they didn't insist on putting stuff on the back. No one wants stuff on the back of their shirts unless the shirt is a band tour shirt. I have no idea why every shirt has to have stuff on the back. Punk's merch in particular has cool looking stuff on the front that you wouldn't even know was a wrestling shirt, but they all have giant BEST IN THE WORLD shit on the back.

G-Fex

Monty Brown's nickname was "The Alpha Male", this being during the days when everyone in TNA had to have a fucking nickname - including quote marks - for some reason. Name a TNA wrestler between 2005 and 2007, I could likely tell you what their quotename was. "Alpha Female" is therefore a delicious satire.

Unless you're commenting on the quality of the chant. As wrestling chants go, I'd say it's slightly above average.

Monty Brown is probably the most high profile wrestler to make the jump from TNA to WWE, with the possible exception of Chris Harris. Marcus Cor Von might not be a ring legend but I think we can all agree he left a bigger mark than Braden Walker. And no, Christian doesn't count.

The quality. But since there isn't much to work with I suppose it works. I didn't realize Harris and Brown went to WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Attack on Titan? Titan Tower is in America and is the WWE headquarters. Quarters are a form of change in America. Dimes are also a form of change. Vince McMahon owns Titan Tower and calls his stack of dimes a neck. Shinsuke Nakamura's finishing manuver is the Bomba Ye.

MY GOD. NJPW IS GOING TO ATTACK WWE WITH NICKEL PLATED BOMBS!

Adam_West_Batman_Bomb.jpg

DMczaf

Those hair cuts don't even make sense to me. I can't figure out how you'd do that.

Every WWE shirt would be immediately 50% better if they didn't insist on putting stuff on the back. No one wants stuff on the back of their shirts unless the shirt is a band tour shirt. I have no idea why every shirt has to have stuff on the back. Punk's merch in particular has cool looking stuff on the front that you wouldn't even know was a wrestling shirt, but they all have giant BEST IN THE WORLD shit on the back.

Now it's BEST SINCE DAY ONE.

G-Fex

Will anyone else be sad if Bo Dallas doesn't get his Rumbo moment this time around?

BO NEEDS HIS RUMBLE MOMENT! Bo is the FUTURE of our sport, which we have the greatest moments in. THE FUTURE!

Not your precious Bryan Failson, Not EC3, not your American Wolves, not the late Chris Hero, not even DM's mom.

BO

DALLAS

BHZ Mayor

Does anyone here play the games? I have this idea (other than sacking everyone involved with Yukes) for an improved Create-A-Finisher that I'd like to share somewhere other than Twitter. Basically, choose from any basic move, have it broken it up into sections, and allow the player to customize as they see fit.

For example, take a shoulder jawbreaker. It would be broken up into the grab, the hold, and the actual jawbreaker.

For the grab, you could choose if you want to start from the left or right, front or back, taunt, precede it with an attack, etc.

For the hold, you could choose if you want to taunt, attack, lift the opponent, spin the opponent, spin around the opponent, etc.

For the finish, you could choose if you want it to be a sitout, a drop to you knees, or drop to your back, or if you want to end with an attack instead, how you want the opponent to sell the move, etc. Also you could choose how long you want each section to last.

Thoughts?

Does anyone here play the games? I have this idea (other than sacking everyone involved with Yukes) for an improved Create-A-Finisher that I'd like to share somewhere other than Twitter. Basically, choose from any basic move, have it broken it up into sections, and allow the player to customize as they see fit.

For example, take a shoulder jawbreaker. It would be broken up into the grab, the hold, and the actual jawbreaker.

For the grab, you could choose if you want to start from the left or right, front or back, taunt, precede it with an attack, etc.

For the hold, you could choose if you want to taunt, attack, lift the opponent, spin the opponent, spin around the opponent, etc.

For the finish, you could choose if you want it to be a sitout, a drop to you knees, or drop to your back, or if you want to end with an attack instead, how you want the opponent to sell the move, etc. Also you could choose how long you want each section to last.

Thoughts?

Isn't that exactly how it works?

Pavaloo

Thoughts?

I like the idea of adjusting the timing of each segment. Some more ring psychology put into the game is always welcome in my eyes. Haven't actually dealt with the create-a-finisher thing myself however.

One thing that irks me so much about the recent Yukes games: Why the fuck can't I do a taunt from the top rope? Not a "get up I'm gonna do my finisher" just a taunt. Austin should be able to raise his fists or the rock etc.

Sunflower, I know you can't reveal the picks for the avatar rumble but can you say if there are any duplicate entries? I'll be disappointed if someone else picked my entry and I could've gone with someone else.

Now that Ricky Morton is the NWA Jr Heavyweight Champion, New Japan should bring in the RnR Express to feud with Devitt over ROCK N ROLL. or they could be members of Bullet Club. the possibilities are endless!

BHZ Mayor

Isn't that exactly how it works?

Not at all. It's more choose a combination of canned animations and hope you can make something resembling what you had in mind. On top of that, there's not many options and most animations can only be linked with certain others, which makes sense, but even then some animations which could reasonably work together can't be combined, which limits it even more

Dthomp

I'm surprised they didn't just wait to do it the same time as the WWE Network debuts. They could have even loaded up the Network with ads for Cena's new line.

Are you kidding, it's only the middle of January. There is plenty of time for his next line to come out alongside the launch. The launch party will happen right alongside the unveiling and selling of his new shirt, hat, wristbands, perfume, backpack, lunchbox, and exclusive WWE Network Cena-only channel.

Top Bottom