• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Aiii

So not worth it
Same here. Small investment. I would love the old shit but being able to have a solid PPV stream is worth it, even if I don't usually buy WWE PPVs unless they're a Ramble or a Mania.

Day Whenever-The-Fuck-Unblock-Us-Adds-Support-For-WWE-Network!

Can't wait.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no worries about WWE Network QUICKLY working to get international. They realize the power of their TV revenue from overseas and know there's a real market out there. They're not gonna drag their feet getting it into everyones' hands.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Timelord himself hangs around GMT 0, so your opinion is wrong!

What's a Timelord? That sounds like the lamest goddamn name in the world. Is this some pop-culture jolly ol' angle-land thing I'm not familiar with?

"I am the lord of the time-fiefdom" I mean come on.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have no worries about WWE Network QUICKLY working to get international. They realize the power of their TV revenue from overseas and know there's a real market out there. They're not gonna drag their feet getting it into everyones' hands.

NL gets the PPV streams, so I'm kinda hoping the Network isn't geolocked either. But that's unlikely. It isn't in the list for the end of the year/beginning 2015 either, so that's a no-go.

But that's okay, I'm paying for unblock-us anyways and plenty of people have requested the Network. They also already support mlb.tv, so I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon enough. Just hope it's before WM.

DMczaf

What's a Timelord? That sounds like the lamest goddamn name in the world. Is this some pop-culture jolly ol' angle-land thing I'm not familiar with?

"I am the lord of the time-fiefdom" I mean come on.

You should probably repackage him, sunny. New theme, heel turn, new attitude.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NL gets the PPV streams, so I'm kinda hoping the Network isn't geolocked either. But that's unlikely. It isn't in the list for the end of the year/beginning 2015 either, so that's a no-go.

But that's okay, I'm paying for unblock-us anyways and plenty of people have requested the Network. They also already support mlb.tv, so I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon enough. Just hope it's before WM.

Yeah. It being built and served on the MLB framework means they'll LIKELY be almost already set for it. It'll be nice.

I am bummed about the revolving content, but that also gives WWE a way to feature certain things they want people to see and structure dates and advertising around a certain thing.

strobogo

Banned
Honestly, I don't know why Indiana isn't on Central Time. Makes no sense for it to be Eastern. It's pretty far away from the East Coast. Mountain should be done away with. East Coast to Ohio is Eastern. Everything in Mountain is absorbed into Pacific. Everything else is Central.

Your mom that's who!!

ibcD9g7IPPvfqy.gif

Carnby

WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that at least one US retailer says the recent RAW 20th Anniversary box set has been discontinued by the manufacturer. The set has been hard to come by since being released and some copies are selling online for very high prices.

...Until the WWE Network launches.

These were discontinued because they are a waste of DVDs.

strobogo

Banned
You'll get the Best of Guest Hosted Raws. And then Countdown: Best Raw Guest Hosts. And then pre and post show analysis on the best guest hosts Raw has ever had. Then a legends round table on which guest hosts guest hosted Raw the best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So "New Sunny" loves Devitt now. He also probably hates Batista, has given up lifting for a full on cardio workout and has decided to move to the south coast of France to live the good life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome back Sunny....thought you might be a long time gone.

When is the Gaf Rumble?

Thanks! I was! It was going to be a perm, but due to the quality of snitchin' and such, well, I don't want to get into some GHETTO POLITIX.

SATURDAY! THIS SATURDAY AT 7PM CENTRAL LIVE ON TWITCH

THE FATE OF THE WRASSLEGAF WORLD HANGS IN THE BALANCE.

Who will it be? John Cena? Big Show? Triple H? DOINK?!

Vince McMahon almost put out of business by Nintendo. The day he returns Nintendo announces huge losses due to missforecasted profits and Nintendo's CEO Iwata says he lost touch with his audience.

Vince McMahon does it again that sonofabitch!

Some new All Japan showed up;

AJPW, "NEW YEAR WARS", 2014.01.03
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
880 Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaxDhv231Ng

1. Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs Shigehiro Irie & Keisuke Ishii
2. Tyson Dux vs Jon Bolen
3. KENSO & Mitsuya Nagai vs Osamu Nishimura & Ryuji Hijikata
4. Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara vs Ultimo Dragon & Hikaru Sato
5. GAORA TV Title: SUSHI (c) vs Takao Soma
6. Fuchi 60th Birthday Celebration: Suwama, Taiyo Kea & Masanobu Fuchi vs Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Masao Inoue
7. Triple Crown Championship: Akebono (c) vs Takao Omori

The opening match is well worth a watch, as is Go & Kento vs Ultimo & Sato. Haven't got round ot the 2nd half yet.

I have not exactly made a secret out of it.

Break time here to construct the steel cage. So far a fun show. Man Takeda looks fucked up, just scars everywhere.

Yeah, a lot of the BJW guys are just walking scar tissue. Takeda's are pretty bad, considering he's still relatively young.

Kaladin

Thanks! I was! It was going to be a perm, but due to the quality of snitchin' and such, well, I don't want to get into some GHETTO POLITIX.

SATURDAY! THIS SATURDAY AT 7PM CENTRAL LIVE ON TWITCH

THE FATE OF THE WRASSLEGAF WORLD HANGS IN THE BALANCE.

Who will it be? John Cena? Big Show? Triple H? DOINK?!

You talkin today or next Sat?

I'm going out tonight, won't be able to watch....hope my pick wins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince McMahon almost put out of business by Nintendo. The day he returns Nintendo announces huge losses due to missforecasted profits and Nintendo's CEO Iwata says he lost touch with his audience.

Vince McMahon does it again that sonofabitch!

Nintendo had nothing to do with it. I love Nintendo.

You talkin today or next Sat?

I'm going out tonight, won't be able to watch....hope my pick wins.

Next Sat, day before the IRL Ramble.

I like the paint job people are doing over in Japan, but if it happened in WWE I'd probably be the first to LOL about it on here.

Even more than facepaint I miss robes in wrestling. Watching NJPW or Joshi makes me realize how much I miss them.

05640018%2BMedium%2BWeb%2Bview.jpg

22.jpg

There's some really fancy Sting ones that I can't seem to find. That'll have to do.

Watching Beyond the Mat for the umpteenth time got me wondering, what would a Shane run WWE be like as opposed to what we are sort of getting with Hunter?

I know the dude was a huge Buff Bagwell mark and was involved with the company website at the time iirc but seriously, how different would it be? I guess there would no NXT or Performance Center perhaps and that alone is something massive in my opinion but I dunno.

Blah. Someone played Balls Mahony's theme song in my bar and I can think about is that awful gif of him taking a chair shot and barfing everywhere.

Or the time he came here and I had this "I know you!" look on my face and he was a super douche to me.

Top Bottom