• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Xater

Currently I am sitting at the wXW event waiting for it to begin. Saw Chris Hero selling merch and taking pictures. Maybe I should have gotten tickets to stand. The view from where you sit doesn't seem that great.

If you want to rival WWE? For sure you need to bring a WWE type of wrestling program.

Vince broke the mould and turned wrestling into sports entertainment. Who's to say that someone else couldn't do the same with the current archetype and take it in a direction no one could have anticipated? It's not likely, given the financial factors involved, but I'm not going to say something like that couldn't ever happen. Hell, if sports entertainment is the be-all and end-all of what the mainstream wants, then why are so many UFC fans lapsed WWE fans?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
GGG has been doing a lot of make a wishes lately.

tumblr_mzlug4beZG1rkzyp8o1_500.jpg

"Hey Mr. Kane, for my wish I'd like the government to implement a single payer system that provided adequate affordable health coverage to all citizens of the United States so that my family doesn't go broke extending what little life I have left"

*Kane sets children's wing on fire"

Man, what the fuck have they done to Leo Kruger and why? Surely has to be one of the most drastic gimmick changes ever, from an unhinged South African poacher to a prancing British rock star with a butler.

El Dandy in 2014!

iBC7oJkqxPVyg.png

He did a sit-down interview on Tercera Caida a few days ago. Says Hulk Hogan personally gave him that lovely denim jacket with hand embroidered WCW logo.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy? He's a heck of a wrestler.

RBH

El Dandy in 2014!

iBC7oJkqxPVyg.png

He did a sit-down interview on Tercera Caida a few days ago. Says Hulk Hogan personally gave him that lovely denim jacket with hand embroidered WCW logo.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy? He's a heck of a wrestler.

That jacket and that picture in general are just amazing.

That needs to be in the February OP.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That jacket and that picture in general are just amazing.

That needs to be in the February OP.

El Dandy looks like they woke him up, and he had been sleeping in the WCW production truck since 2001.

FyreWulff

It's the only thing that WILL work. If you want to be competition to WWE, you need to be like WWE. You can't be an indie, you can't be ECW, you can't be anything but exactly what the mainstream crowd wants and that's WWE-style. Bisschof understood this, to beat WWF, he had to be WWF and be better at being WWF than WWF was. And that's what he did with Nitro until WWF reversed that years later and became better at being WCW than WCW was.

Though to be fair, WCW helped alot with that by being absolute shit from halfway through 98 and beyond.

WCW still got trapped in the WWE cycle of keeping the guys that showed up ages ago in the main event. If Bischoff had actually used the endless Ted Turner wallet to placate the old guys into putting the young ones over, and building an entire farm system of local promotions, they could have kept themselves continually new and paint the WWE as trotting out old legends and becoming stale.

Instead Bischoff was a mark and kept the nWo around too long and kept Hogan at the top too long. He had no long term plan for a sustainable business. WWE is in the same spot with Cena now. I don't hate Cena personally, but holy shit if he gets injured in a way they can't hide their business is FUCKED for a good while. He needs lengthy time off to slowly train the kids into cheering for people other than him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah and while I was out for a month Prince Devitt won me over.

DMczaf

When do we find out everyone's avatar rumble picks? I want to know who I'll hate for trying to Big Show us 2 years in a row.

:)

strobogo

Banned
El Dandy looks like they woke him up, and he had been sleeping in the WCW production truck since 2001.

More like 2000, since all the luchadores were fired in 2000. He's been sleeping in the truck since the day he got fired, stuck in a storage facility somewhere in Atlanta.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When do we find out everyone's avatar rumble picks? I want to know who I'll hate for trying to Big Show us 2 years in a row.

:)

During the Ramble ;(

Soooo~ on SATURDAY at 7pm CENTRAL on WRASSLEGAF TWITCH TVVVVVVV

Aiii

So not worth it
My pick should win and you'll all love him!

You'll love him so much you'll want to keep the avatar all year long!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kidding. I am planning on subscribing to the Network regardless of which Raws are available Day One. The PPVs alone have sold me on it.

Same here. Small investment. I would love the old shit but being able to have a solid PPV stream is worth it, even if I don't usually buy WWE PPVs unless they're a Ramble or a Mania.

My pick should win and you'll all love him!

You'll love him so much you'll want to keep the avatar all year long!

hmmm All year long...turns into ALL NIGHT LONG...which means you must have picked

3xk2jEj.jpg

Top Bottom