• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

korly

How was Raw tonight, guys?

Missed the whole show and was writing up my Ring of Honor TV report instead. Check it out here: http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...prospect-tourney-continues-and-ciampa-defends

Be sure to check out ROH TV this week for this guy:

romantic-touch-300x157.png

Shit was hilarious.

This weeks ROH TV was all about that poor Cheeseburger guy getting his head kicked off by a Viking.

Their grand idea to introduce Emma is to show her in the crowd, do her dance one-armed and hold up an #Emmataining sign while Jerry Lawler makes crappy jokes on commentary. Think about that.

Honestly im not bothered with the Emma stuff because they are trying to get the crowd used to the dance. Seriously only like 10% to 5% of the audience watches NXT right now its not widely available everywhere but Hulu. Look at the crowd around her at all her current appearances they don't know who she is let alone would do the dance. They have to be Emmatained first they probably wont do anything with her until the crowd somewhat starts doing the dance

UberTag

Honestly im not bothered with the Emma stuff because they are trying to get the crowd used to the dance. Seriously only like 10% to 5% of the audience watches NXT right now its not widely available everywhere but Hulu. Look at the crowd around her at all her current appearances they don't know who she is let alone would do the dance. They have to be Emmatained first they probably wont do anything with her until the crowd somewhat starts doing the dance
And they're going to start dancing now that this 64-year-old goof is calling it the hokey pokey?

tumblr_ma6o9qTqa11ru9pk8o1_500.jpg

DiscoJon

Banned
And they're going to start dancing now that this 64-year-old goof is calling it the hokey pokey?

Lawler's 64 years old? HOLY SHIT. My Dad's 65 and he looks great for his age, but he was never the King of Memphis. Kudos for Lawler for looking damn good at 64.

strobogo

Banned
MLK is assassinated in Memphis in 1968. Jerry Lawler debuts in Memphis 2 years later, taking the moniker of "King". Coincidence? I think not.

309170_10150283248197811_533077810_8199671_548699524_n.jpg

DiscoJon

Banned
Remember when Meltzer was seriously pushing for King to win the belt off Miz in their three week feud? Lol

Belt should have went to the King. That angle was hot. The Miz? C'mon. I'm gonna break this down in comic book terms for you, the Miz is the WWE version of Rob Liefeld. All flash and absolutely no substance.

NOW GO DRAW ME SOMETHING WITH POUCHES AND NO FEET, YOUNGBLOOD.

strobogo

Banned
I can't wait for Ziggler to get released so TNA can bill him as "Nick Niggler" and see how long it takes them before they realize it is a bad idea.

ScribbleD

You know what would have made the grand theft Orton ending acceptable? Orton hops in the car thinking it's his get-away driver in there. Cut to a camera inside the car, Orton is looking around not paying attention to who's in the driver seat. He's panicking trying to look out the back window to see if Cena is still chasing him. He finally calms down and looks over. The camera pans over and it's Barrett going, "Randy Orton...I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" And the last shot of the show is Barrett driving out of the arena with Orton in the car.

got a few gif reviews coming today, including BOBBY LASHLEY in Japan teaming up with a kickboxer AND DEL RIO in a MMA fight, breaking his opponent arm. stay tuned.

strobogo

Banned
The ending to Raw was so bad.

A. Why does Cena not show up until the end of the show when he's the top star and WWE is his life?

B. Why did he show up wearing his knee pads?

C. Why can't he run like a normal person?

D. Why did Kofi let John Cena get him disqualifed and cheer him on for doing so?

E. Why did Orton casually stroll away after getting out of the FU?

F. Why did JBL say Orton stole a car when he got into the passenger side?

G. Why?

Aiii

So not worth it

A. Why does Cena not show up until the end of the show when he's the top star and WWE is his life?

As Meltzer and Alvarez discussed.

Why is Cena arriving in his ring gear, which include a pair of jorts and a t-shirt, while it's snowing outside. ON FOOT! Did he run from the latest houseshow?

strobogo

Banned
Why do I even bother watching the highlights? WWE is just so bad.

The rest of the show was pretty good. But that ending was stupid the whole way through. No one wants to see more Orton vs Cena. Orton and Cena don't even look like they want to see it. Orton looks so bored with the angle.

I can't fault Cena for wearing shorts in the winter. I wear shorts all winter unless it gets to the teens or lower or there is a lot of snow. I do fault him for wearing a t-shirt and knee pads, though.

What if Punk wins the Rumble, Bork wins the title at EC. Punk vs Bork II at WM.

Kaladin

What if Punk wins the Rumble, Bork wins the title at EC. Punk vs Bork II at WM.

That's what I love about this time of year, there are so many ways they can go with the main storyline in January.

It does kind of suck though when they take the obvious roads in March.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

D. Why did Kofi let John Cena get him disqualifed and cheer him on for doing so?

G. Why?

A. Got a week off paid because of what happened to his father, which happened to end around 11pm.

B. He came for a fight.

C. Doesn't want to tear a quad like his hero HHH/Vinny Mac.

D. No good kayfabe reason for this one. He probably should have attacked Cena or something.

E. He wanted to leave the building. Running wouldn't have helped, too many people around.

F. He's the viper! He clearly jacked that car!

G. Because reasons.

G. Why?
These are the two that kill me the most. I knew Kofi being in the main event was too good to be true.

Xater

Why is Cena arriving in his ring gear, which include a pair of jorts and a t-shirt, while it's snowing outside. ON FOOT! Did he run from the latest houseshow?

Couldn't help but laugh when they went over this segment. Bad segment and a terrible show finishers.

strobogo

Banned
I think I'm just going to do gifs of the First Family disc since I don't know how many times I can write "I fucking hate Jimmy Hart" over the course of 4 hours.

Penguin

Would help explain why he was 3 hours late to the show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, real talk about tonight. I don't know what they're planning on doing with Batista. I am curious if they're sneaking Bryan in at 30 (or at all) despite showing that it'll be the opposite. Punk's not winning the rumble. I'd stake my Dreamcast collection on it.

Striker

Man, I like Thuganomics Cena, but he's fucking terrible here.

Christian pours his heart out thinking of something creative and funny, then Cena just responds with "ur gay lulz". Completely killing the segment.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4umqy_wwe-rap-battle-john-cena-vs-christi_sport
He whole shtick was telling people he's a whistle (so blow him) or some gay innuendo. God awful in every way, really. Christian was really good in 2004-2005. Shame he didn't get an opportunity at a run.

Kaladin

So, real talk about tonight. I don't know what they're planning on doing with Batista. I am curious if they're sneaking Bryan in at 30 (or at all) despite showing that it'll be the opposite. Punk's not winning the rumble. I'd stake my Dreamcast collection on it.

At this point, I'd wager the final four will be Batista vs Bryan vs Punk vs Wild Card....with the wild card either being a fan favorite heel or a Superstar who surprises everyone with some feat of endurance.

Xater

I also don't think that Punk is winning it. I bet him vs HHH is still on track or maybe vs Kane.

Aiii

So not worth it

Final four will be Batista, Reigns, Punk and Bryan I don't doubt.

Reigns gets rid of Punk, Batista gets rid of Reigns and Bryan SWERVE gets rid of Batista.

Reigns, Punk, Orton, Batista, Cena and Bryan do the EC match for the title, WM main event is Bryan vs. Cena vs. Orton or Bryan vs. Orton if Cena does the Taker match this year.

strobogo

Banned
Batista will be the face of the WWE. Since The Authority are now faces apparently, it will be a reversal of the Bryan/Orton angle. And it will suck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confident there's some sort of Kane feud coming up, even if it's just for a Rumble elimination. Kane eliminated the most, have him eliminate Punk either legit or through shitty means when he's on his way to going the distance, etc.

They spent a lot of time with Kane and Punk last night - and I don't think Kane's gonna return to wrestle full time anytime soon.

Also Billy Gunn's hair looks atrocious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista will be the face of the WWE. Since The Authority are now faces apparently, it will be a reversal of the Bryan/Orton angle. And it will suck.

When's Guardians of the Galaxy set to release? I don't doubt WWE will have him be champion for that time, because Bats is a big dork and actually WILL bring the belt with him wherever he goes, and that's publicity.

God I sure know how to take the fun out of wrestling.

Penguin

I'd have to imagine Kane eliminates him in some fashion.

Seems like building towards it for Elimination chamber which leads to Punk vs HHH at Mania.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's what I'm thinking too Sunny, Batista will win the belt at Money in the Bank or SummerSlam because of Guardians.

On the other hand, he might need time off then, so they might just do it now or wait until after. The thing is, he's so obvious and has been talking like he's going to win the belt, which in WWE world pretty much guarantees he won't win the Rumble.

Kaladin

Final four will be Batista, Reigns, Punk and Bryan I don't doubt.

Reigns gets rid of Punk, Batista gets rid of Reigns and Bryan SWERVE gets rid of Batista.

Reigns, Punk, Orton, Batista, Cena and Bryan do the EC match for the title, WM main event is Bryan vs. Cena vs. Orton or Bryan vs. Orton if Cena does the Taker match this year.

This is a good Final Four....it is what I would go with.

Xater

When's Guardians of the Galaxy set to release? I don't doubt WWE will have him be champion for that time, because Bats is a big dork and actually WILL bring the belt with him wherever he goes, and that's publicity.

God I sure know how to take the fun out of wrestling.

Guardians comes out August 1st so even before Summerslam.

Top Bottom