• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said it months ago.
Batista's not coming back as a heel to promote a movie.
Batista was only ever good at the end. Thus, it's a waste.

jred2k

Is it June yet?

Where do people outside of America go for next-day streaming? Raw is fucking terrible and its only going to get worse leading to Mania. After the Rumble I am completely done until the network has launched.

strobogo

Banned
Well Batista's return was quite lame.He couldn't even do the Batista Bomb correctly.ALso his head looked weird.Or was it his face? whatever, i didn't ask for this version of him. And now you are telling me he's gonna win the Rumble? get da fuck outta here!

"Hello, Randy."

20140120_RAW_Orton_Batista_poll_teaser.jpg

"Hey."

curtis-axel.jpg

you doing keto or calorie counting/careful ratios? or something else?

keto is the TRUTH brother!

Just calorie/macro counting. I like to exhaust the basic options first before switching to carb loading/cycling, IF, etc.

I can't do keto. I worked too damn hard for my gains. I know there will most likely be a drop of strength and that already kills me mentally. Doing keto would make things worse.

strobogo

Banned
Put WWE 2K14 on for the first time in quite a while. HHH vs Bork, rivalry match. HHH kicks out of 3 F5s, hits a spinebuster and wins. A Bella comes out to help Bork up only to kick him in the dick.

Kaladin

Put WWE 2K14 on for the first time in quite a while. HHH vs Bork, rivalry match. HHH kicks out of 3 F5s, hits a spinebuster and wins. A Bella comes out to help Bork up only to kick him in the dick.

The question is, which Bella was it....did she dump Bryan or Cena to go for Triple H?

Kaladin

I watched some of the new ROH taping last night....

they have a new stable that is Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer called The Decade. They have an issue with any wrestler who leaves for another company and comes back.

beanman25

I wear all the wrestling shirts I have in public, don't care how ridiculous they look, haha.

Want to get some NJPW ones but they are so dang expensive to import.

On another note, just ordered the Hell Rising Kevin Steen DVD set. Looking forward to watching the interview along with the matches (once again!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two weeks and Emma has not been on the 90 minute Raw in Hulu. Shows her lack of importance.

Wrapping up her NXT storylines for her Raw debut.

EDIT: Oh, wait. Uh...I guess so. Maybe it's axed because the angle may still get stuffed.

strobogo

Banned
I watched some of the new ROH taping last night....

they have a new stable that is Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer called The Decade. They have an issue with any wrestler who leaves for another company and comes back.

Haven't all of them left and come back more than once?

DEEP - DOS CARAS JR (ALBERTO DEL RIO) vs KENGO WATANABE - 2001

itVdyro0c9aib.gif

before he was Alberto Del Rio in the WWE, he was Dos Caras Jr in Mexico and MMA. look at that, a mask over a mask, what a heel. his 1st MMA fight.

i9eu8bN8b2Hby.gif

Del Rio shoots for the double leg takedown but Kengo stuff it and make Del Rio eat several knees.

iuSxiXRYM6WjU.gif

they end up getting tangled in the ropes as Del Rio uses bully punches from a headlock on Kengo.

iboHHK4DFBLLj7.gif

they go to the corner and Del Rio with a shoot belly-to-belly!! what's this? the ref waves the fight off but Del Rio sneaks in a couple of punches after the bell.

indouopLKg5wT.gif

look at this, personality, charisma and intensity from Del Rio. WWE really cut this guy's balls off.

iT3aHA1HbrZVb.gif

the replay shows us what happened: Kengo tried a safe landing but broke his arm. ouch.

iIblTBYjex4BM.gif

Del Rio celebrates the broken arm by shadow boxing as his opponent his carried off in a strecher. HAHAHAHA what an awesome asshole heel. he could get mega over with the modern WWE crowd if they gave him some freedom to go nuts but alas.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Del Rio's MMA antics were delightful. I had previously only seen his match with Crocop. Good stuff.

I think they mean leave for a major company and come back....like Hero and AJ have done. But your point is valid.

Jacobs & Whitmer didn't actually leave, so much as at one point or another ROH just stopped booking them.

Mr. Sandman said:
BJ Whitmer....I don't even know what happened to him when he left ROH

He retired for 3 years, came back in 2011 and then ROH started booking him again in 2012.

But Roderick was in TNA. Multiple times.

He never technically left, though. Strong signed with TNA in 2005 but worked almost every ROH show during that time and won the tag titles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ken Shamrock recently spoke about a possible WWE return and more. Here are the highlights….

On Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta: It's like the original UFC never existed to them. They completely embarrass the history and mention us slightly but it's like they don't want to acknowledge the history of their company. There is hardly even a 30 second mention of me in any of there videos . You have Lorenzo telling people that he didn't sell because he slept on it, that's an absolute joke. It was because Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock went in and blew up their event and they realized they could make money off it.

On His Decision to join WWE: I don't think it was a decision I made because I wanted to do it, it was one I made because I needed the money for my family. The UFC was having huge legal trouble and it got to a point where UFC didn't have the money to pay me to keep moving forward and looking after my family. There were no hard feelings when I moved and I try to explain that to my fans. There comes a time when you have to do things that you have to do what you don't want to. I didn't want to leave UFC but I had to make that decision. When I did eventually make the move to WWE , I realized that I loved it and I wasn't sure if that was going to be the case.

On Possibly Winning the WWE Title in 1997: I'm not sure, I know I was being groomed. I was being put in a very good position to take the title . I took the Intercontinental Title from The Rock and had some great matches with him. I sensed I was going to move up and whether it was with Bret or Rock or Stone Cold or if I was in the mix with all of them, but it just never flourished.

On a Possible WWE Return: First of all, I want people to realize that it is hard to se all the old stars come back to Hall of Fame stuff and me not be included in all these things. I accomplished more than anyone in 2 years at WWF and I was part of one of the biggest match that started the attitude era with Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold . That match changed wrestling to what it is today. There is not a peep from anyone within WWE . I don't know why they won't give me a shot in the WWE and to challenge for the WWE title . I have reached out through many different types of media and the only thing I've heard back is that they're doing okay and don't need me. I say that if you're gonna be bringing people back from the attitude era and before that then I don't understand why you wouldn't bring me back. There seems to be a black mark against me and I don't understand it

Top Bottom