• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
Possible match ups for WM I'd like to see:

Bork vs Batista
Bork vs Punk
Bork vs Bryan
Bork vs Heath Slater

Punk vs HHH
Punk vs Bryan

Bryan vs HHH
Bryan vs Taker

I WANT THESE SHIRTS!

eznlDPm.jpg

I'll gladly steal these!

zychi

Banned
Possible match ups for WM I'd like to see:

Bork vs Batista
Bork vs Punk
Bork vs Bryan
Bork vs Heath Slater

Punk vs HHH
Punk vs Bryan

Bryan vs HHH
Bryan vs Taker

i dont want hhh anywhere near a ring at wm. im so sick of him. i''m almost as tired of him as i am of cena. at least with cena i know cena is gonna win and can just skip the match entirely. with hhh its either a complete burial, or hhh some bullshit way to lose

Aiii

So not worth it
i dont want hhh anywhere near a ring at wm. im so sick of him. i''m almost as tired of him as i am of cena. at least with cena i know cena is gonna win and can just skip the match entirely. with hhh its either a complete burial, or hhh some bullshit way to lose

HHH is doing Mania, might as well come to terms with that now mate.

Striker

Yup.

He made top main event matches with Undertaker and Brock Lesnar underwhelming and boring as shit. I mean, it should be huge, but it felt like the complete opposite. To make matters worse, in the end, no matter win or lose, he always gets this final say and makes himself out to be the superior guy. "'Taker may have won the battle, but I've won the war!" malarkey. And he's ruined both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's first big time pushes in the company by sticking his giant nose in the center of it. He's the worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also don't think Del Rio/Batista is done yet. Sad, but true.

bjork

ADR comes out and eliminates Batista. They've already tried everything in the world to get ADR over, maybe they think a rub from a short Batista feud will help.

I bet the final four ends up being Reigns, Punk, Bryan. Reigns tosses Punk, Bryan tosses Reigns. Done deal.

Watching this right now, hard to believe that was 20 years ago tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4aq4n1BACY#t=2m0s

Kaladin

At this point, with all of the Evolution references, I'm willing to bet Triple H gives Orton the thumbs down after he loses the belt between now and Mania and The Authority swings in favor of Batista.

Triple H vs Orton at Mania.

Are they doing another NXT Tournament to enter in the Rumble? If they are I'm going to predict "Corey Graves" as the winner, because ever since Bo Dallas ascended Corey Graves has been the default worst.

strobogo

Banned
I think a face Bryan vs face Taker would be interesting, as Bryan would be the underdog, but I think the fans would support him and want him to break the streak.

Aiii

So not worth it
HHH isn't a face.

Steph and him have been doing this weird thing since the start, where they're above everyone and it's made perfectly clear nobody besides them are worth shit.

Remember when AJ won the title and they had this bit where Stephanie talked shit to AJ in the ring (which was fair because AJ was a heel and Steph still a face back then), but then the other Divas came out and Steph talked down to them too? It's been pretty much been going on since then. Where nobody is allowed to go over except them.

Big Show was supposed to go over, but they dropped the HHH vs. Show match when Orton vs. Show bombed.

Batigol

Banned
Anyone notice that the crowd was dead during the first Batista segment? They didn't care about him at all. At least he was in shape though, I'll give him that.

Also, Tamina is smoking hot. There's something about her. Maybe it's the fact she's probably heavier or taller than me, but I would not be opposed to her having her way with me, amazon woman style.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wearable in public wrestling shirt spotted.
01101937_52cfcd6d030b8.jpg

01101937_52cfcd7febdc4.jpg

Also not sure why this Terry Funk shirt has Harley Race's name on it
12252255_52bae3bfa2c12.jpg

NJPW CROCS
12161848_52aecc8715222.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think a face Bryan vs face Taker would be interesting, as Bryan would be the underdog, but I think the fans would support him and want him to break the streak.

Yep.

It's not like Face versus Face in the Taker match is exactly uncommon these days.

Kaladin

Everything Big Show is involved in bombs. I'm not even excited for Big Show vs Lesnar. It will be a real test for Lesnar to see if he can make this match good, because it will be on him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A shit crowd really put a damper on everything, but WWE did earn that. Piss poor go-home show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, Naito isn't over.
This is the top selling shirt on NJPW's site. BUT NAITO ISNT OVER.

Japanese numbers read backwards in order, much like how they read right to left. Sorry Naito is the worst.

Batigol

Banned
Everything Big Show is involved in bombs. I'm not even excited for Big Show vs Lesnar. It will be a real test for Lesnar to see if he can make this match good, because it will be on him.

I really hope he gets injured so he can finally retire. He has zero positive attributes. Just go away, show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was kidding about the Japanese numbers. That shirt is TERRIBLE though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's terrible. Just making a point. Ibushi has a similar design, and it's number 5.
Yujiro is the superior No Limit shirt man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be caught dead in that Yujiro shirt either :p

Big Show doesn't need to be retired. We just need less of him. Giants used to be a spectacle, something big (har) that you trot out at important times.

Instead, the WWE has oversaturated him so that he's NOT special. It's their fault. They made their own bed - Show can be a draw, but they've got over a decade of shitting their bed to fix first. I don't think it's salvageable. They've simply put him in too many angles, also too many bad angles, and play him for comedy.

Look back at Andre. Sure, he could do light comedy in the ring, but his drawing power was that he was a GIANT. And you don't have him doing impressions in the ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The difference between Andre and Big Show, aside from Andre knowing how to carry a match better, was that Vince booked Andre correctly. He booked him as a monster. He was the angry giant who was the top of the food chain. You didn't see him every week, but you knew he was out there.

Big Show comes out every week and does stupid shit. He doesn't act like a giant, he just acts like a guy. But then every couple of weeks I'm expected to believe he's an 'angry giant', no he fucking isn't. In the Andre documentary, Vince even says 'They didn't book him right' about Andre in the territories. 'No one wants to see a Giant every week. It loses its appeal.' WHAT DO THEY DO WITH BIG SHOW? Book him every week. At this point, Big Show more of a less charismatic Kevin Nash than an Andre.

bjork

The difference between Andre and Big Show, aside from Andre knowing how to carry a match better, was that Vince booked Andre correctly. He booked him as a monster. He was the angry giant who was the top of the food chain. You didn't see him every week, but you knew he was out there.

Big Show comes out every week and does stupid shit. He doesn't act like a giant, he just acts like a guy. But then every couple of weeks I'm expected to believe he's an 'angry giant', no he fucking isn't. In the Andre documentary, Vince even says 'They didn't book him right' about Andre in the territories. 'No one wants to see a Giant every week. It loses its appeal.' WHAT DO THEY DO WITH BIG SHOW? Book him every week. At this point, Big Show more of a less charismatic Kevin Nash than an Andre.

^ this is spot on. Big Show in WWF was special for exactly 24 hours.

Aiii

So not worth it
Instead, the WWE has oversaturated him so that he's NOT special. It's their fault. They made their own bed - Show can be a draw, but they've got over a decade of shitting their bed to fix first. I don't think it's salvageable. They've simply put him in too many angles, also too many bad angles, and play him for comedy.

Then again, I thought the same about Kane.

And then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRficYHMpxU#t=3m58s

Hey guys, Naito isn't over.

This is the top selling shirt on NJPW's site. BUT NAITO ISNT OVER.

I don't think anyone's claimed Naito isn't over - there's always a bunch of kids crowding to meet him as he comes to and leaves the ring and his t-shirts are fairly visible amongst the crowds, compared to others. However, his push since returning was largely botched, which has resulted in the hardcore crowd turning on him - the fact is, everything between the G1 Final and WK8 did nothing to build Naito for a Tokyo Dome main event. The NEVER belt has zero prestige. It's an undercard belt being held by a supposed main eventer and feuding over it in all those matches with Tanaka and Yujiro only served to distract from the fact that this was the guy who was supposedly going to overthrow Okada.

It's an interesting parallel to Tanahashi, as the hardcore crowd turned on him during his early push, the difference being that in '05 New Japan gave Nak & Tana the chance to main event the Tokyo Dome. Might not have happened if they'd left it up to a fan vote, though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ADR comes out and eliminates Batista. They've already tried everything in the world to get ADR over, maybe they think a rub from a short Batista feud will help.

I bet the final four ends up being Reigns, Punk, Bryan. Reigns tosses Punk, Bryan tosses Reigns. Done deal.

Watching this right now, hard to believe that was 20 years ago tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4aq4n1BACY#t=2m0s

:O

strobogo

Banned
WWE books Big Show properly for about 3 months every 3-4 years. At one point, he jobbed to Funaki and Spike. Other times he's a full on comedy character. The real problem is how quickly they try to go back and forth between the two poles. You can't have him in a diaper acting like a baby one week and then be taken seriously as a dude who is going to fuck Brock Lesnar up the next week. At this stage in his career, Big Show should be booked every couple of months and in the style of face Andre around 1983.

miserable

Well Batista's return was quite lame.He couldn't even do the Batista Bomb correctly.ALso his head looked weird.Or was it his face? whatever, i didn't ask for this version of him. And now you are telling me he's gonna win the Rumble? get da fuck outta here!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well Batista's return was quite lame.He couldn't even do the Batista Bomb correctly.ALso his head looked weird.Or was it his face? whatever, i didn't ask for this version of him. And now you are telling me he's gonna win the Rumble? get da fuck outta here!

He's missing the Soul Patch, which coincidentally carries his soul. Skinny jeans didn't help.

We're gonna be okay.

bjork

It's because Batista IS lame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
-- A new PPV series called "Wrestling's Bloodiest Wars" will debut on several providers later this year. There are six episodes, using footage owned by Steve Karel from 3PW and other libraries acquired over the years.

There is not a set date for the debut of volume one, but editing has finished.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol JNCOs. Classic jean wear of the 2000s!

Doing fine, it has only been a week. Lost 5 ish lbs but a fair amount was water weight.

you doing keto or calorie counting/careful ratios? or something else?

keto is the TRUTH brother!

Top Bottom