• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

The roster is now even more out of whack.

Full time main event level babyfaces: Cena, Punk, Bryan, and Batista
Full time main event level heels: Orton (barely, his latest heel turn has been pretty awful)

Somebody needs to turn, and I think it's going to be Punk (after Mania). Cena is never turning, Bryan just turned back from a bad semi heel turn, and Batista just returned and has a movie coming out. Batista can also take Punks spot as the main babyface on the second house show touring group

This is just as good a time as any for Punk to turn again as he's not getting within spitting distance of the main event as a face. Though he may start going cross eyed from turning so often, look at what happened to poor Shawn.

strobogo

Banned
You can always, always...

NOT review Impact. At all. Ever.

ib2Ekt1NlDlkm2.gif

I bet Corey Graves rakes in mad trim.

Ithil

Obviously CJ Parker doesn't work at all, right now. He's unimpressive in the ring, his gimmick is bad and his performance at said gimmick is atrocious.
And you could re-package it, or change it up, or turn him heel or something. But why? It's not like he's some super talent you're misusing, he's just overall bad.

Just drop him and give his spot to someone else instead of trying to "fix" a crummy performer.

strobogo

Banned
Part of me thinks they are trying to recreate what they've done with Bo, but this time making the character intentionally annoying and stupid from the start.

Ithil

Bo is only a tool though. He's the guy you use to get your next big faces over, he's not the guy himself, because how are you going to ever make him a star when everyone hates him from the start?

Corey Graves can be big. He has the Dean Ambrose thing. Give him a punk rock/anarchist gimmick when he joins the main roster. He can bring back ghe hardcore title.

Verendus

Banned
I think Batista turns heel post-Wrestlemania at some point. It makes sense. There is a severe lack of top heels. You only have Orton. Outside of someone like Cena turning heel, there aren't any real fresh options from the existing top talent either. I think Batista will win the Royal Rumble, take the belt at Wrestlemania, and soon after, he'll turn heel. Personally, I'd use this chance to book Batista/Lesnar for Wrestlemania (still believe it's happening for some reason because I don't think WWE is stupid enough to book Orton/Batista, but then seeing how they booked that entire opening segment...), and then turn Batista soon after Wrestlemania. It'd be something different and would work better for faces like CM Punk and Bryan. If the two year agreement is legit, he can turn back face around January 2016, in time for Wrestlemania 32 and his retirement.

I think he's going to be heel for the majority of this run. I believe.

bjork

Hunner wears a Shane mask at mania and defeats pops, thus ejecting him from the family and the company, beginning his reign as head hancho of the McMahon family and WWE for millennia.

Hunter mask comes off and it's Warrior! WWE Warrior Wisdom Eternally etc

I just mailed off my forms for income-based repayment on my student loans, as I'm a filthy poor and I'm 260 days delinquent. I'll accept a Batista RR victory if it means I can get my payments lowered or delayed for another year!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hunter mask comes off and it's Warrior! WWE Warrior Wisdom Eternally etc

I just mailed off my forms for income-based repayment on my student loans, as I'm a filthy poor and I'm 260 days delinquent. I'll accept a Batista RR victory if it means I can get my payments lowered or delayed for another year!

Under Batista's "You Were Supposed To Be My Friend" agreement, payments are guaranteed to drop by 15% when charged for air.

Rapstah

Raw thoughts:
  • King going from Batista returning to "that was awesome, but look at this... the Big Show!!!" is amazing.
  • Wasn't Stephanie the person who told Orton to break more rules and be more vicious if he wanted to be a champion in October or September or whenever?

Batista versus Randy is such a boring idea I have to imagine that is the direction they are going for the title match at WM.

Unless they are doing something screwy along the way and its a 3 way or 4 way match.

Added my review of this WAR show to the site, plus, I included the full video of the show;

WAR, "BATTLE ANGEL IN RYOGOKU", 1995.03.26
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
7,500 Fans

legitshook.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uetumfjYJ2A

01. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: Gedo vs Yuji Yasuraoka
02. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: 1-2-3 Kid vs Negro Casas
03. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: Lionheart vs Masao Orihara
04. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: Ultimo Dragon vs Ultimate Dragon
05. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - Semi-Final #1
06. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - Semi-Final #2
07. Masanobu Kurisu, Nobukazu Hirai & Ryumo Go vs Hiroshi Itakura, Osamu Tachihikari & The Missing Link
08. Jado vs Arashi
09. Koki Kitahara vs Death Mask
10. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - FINAL11. Animal Hamaguchi & Riki Choshu vs Mad Dogs (Michiyoshi Ohara & Tatsutoshi Goto)
12. Genichiro Tenryu vs Yokozuna
13. Hiromichi Fuyuki & Masahiro Chono vs Heisei Ishingun (Kengo Kimura & Shiro Koshinaka)

bjork

Under Batista's "You Were Supposed To Be My Friend" agreement, payments are guaranteed to drop by 15% when charged for air.

If my total amount owed went from $25k to $0, I'd be Batista's friend. I might even be his bottom, but not more than once.

Batista versus Randy is such a boring idea I have to imagine that is the direction they are going for the title match at WM.

Unless they are doing something screwy along the way and its a 3 way or 4 way match.

I could see them doing a Diesel/Backlund type match to get the belt on Batista in a hurry. I don't know what the right angle is for Orton, but this one isn't it. I feel like the last time he was interesting, it's because HHH was attacking his house and that was only because his pretend wife was ultra hot.

• Wasn't Stephanie the person who told Orton to break more rules and be more vicious if he wanted to be a champion in October or September or whenever?

I figure they just can't decide if they wanted to be a heel mega faction or ambiguous management, back then they were all for the heel mega faction idea but that wasn't what was best for business.

Or more accurately, WWE booking.

MC Safety

The Rumble should be 40 guys. And if they have to trim some matches (Show v. Brock and Bryan v. Husky Harris), they should do so. Put those guys in the Rumble and let them fight there.

And, again, I am all for surprise entrants. But not dumb ones like Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler.

Pavaloo

Did you guys know Jennifer Lawrence drinks water Mountain Dew out of a cup like the rest of us? And AJ Lee plays Skyrim!

god, people are too easy to manipulate.

is that current day Batista? he looks like shit. i should review his MMA fight and compare it to Del Rio's. ADR would mop the floor with him.

Top Bottom