• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

TL21xx

Banned
I wish WWE doesn't speed up the replay at the point of impact. I know it's to hide the fact the move doesn't hurt as much as it looks but for moves like that and Bryan's kicks they look so cool in slow motion.

It's also to cover up when they don't actually make contact at the intended point of impact. That particular punch of Reigns didn't get anywhere close to Cody (it was really visible from the hard side camera last night).

But yeah, it'd be nice to see the stiff stuff in slo-mo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm told Roman Reigns is the future.
Every time you guys post him he's either doing a cartoony Cena-like superman punch or that same spear.

jmdajr

In response to the Tweet posted by Warrior, Jake Roberts had the following to say on Twitter:

"My guys showed me Warrior's tweets. I was trying to be entertaining with the radio show and took things too far, like I do too often. I have no business inferring anything negative about him. I apologize. He deserves the HOF and respect for what he accomplished in the business. But let me be clear. There is no hypocrisy here. I am not preaching anything. I am sharing my recovery path to show others what is possible. So no pity, bathrooms stalls or groveling. I am doing great. I am an addict and alcoholic working every single day to repair and make the best out of the life I have left. I make mistakes, like that comment, but my recovery has been amazing. Jim does not know this Jake. Without realizing or intending to, I fired the first shot and will take Jim's response without any negativity towards him. I apologize and am putting behind me."

Hmmm. Jake taking the high road.

UberTag

Patrick Stewart is handsome as fuck though, and I say this a straight guy. Batista just looks like an overgrown baby.
So what you're saying is that he should really be feuding with The Big Show on who gets to wear the New Year's Baby outfit and Brock should be facing off against Orton?

mqdefault.jpg

who the fuck is this?

2667710287_53687a968d_z.jpg

Fuck cancer.

jmdajr

Totally unrelated..

A girl I knew from High School died from cancer a few days ago. She had been battling Brain cancer since 2005. Man, I just can't imagine going through all that shit. Unreal. My battle with cancer was nothing in comparison.

May she rest in peace , and don't take good health for granted. Any day you feel at least ok is not a bad one.

somedevil

As noted, Daniel Bryan was cleared to return from a concussion on Monday afternoon. WWE made sure not to put him in a position where he would have to take bumps on last night's show so he could have another week to rest up before the Royal Rumble singles match against Bray Wyatt.

Many fans have been wondering if Bryan will have a spot in the 30-man Royal Rumble main event. As of Monday afternoon, Bryan was not going to be in the match. His only appearance at the Rumble is scheduled to be the match against Wyatt.

From pwinsider. It looks like they want to protect the winner because if he is in it and is eliminated the crowd probably will die out.

From pwinsider. It looks like they want to protect the winner because if he is in it and is eliminated the crowd probably will die out.

Cause Batista is winning it. God fucking dammit.

Imagine if the final four were Punk, Bryan, Reigns and......well I don't know who the fourth should be. Well I suppose Batista. He did just come back after all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Added my review of this WAR show to the site, plus, I included the full video of the show;

WAR, "BATTLE ANGEL IN RYOGOKU", 1995.03.26
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
7,500 Fans

legitshook.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uetumfjYJ2A

01. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: Gedo vs Yuji Yasuraoka
02. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: 1-2-3 Kid vs Negro Casas
03. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: Lionheart vs Masao Orihara
04. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - 1st Round: Ultimo Dragon vs Ultimate Dragon
05. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - Semi-Final #1
06. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - Semi-Final #2
07. Masanobu Kurisu, Nobukazu Hirai & Ryumo Go vs Hiroshi Itakura, Osamu Tachihikari & The Missing Link
08. Jado vs Arashi
09. Koki Kitahara vs Death Mask
10. WAR International Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament - FINAL11. Animal Hamaguchi & Riki Choshu vs Mad Dogs (Michiyoshi Ohara & Tatsutoshi Goto)
12. Genichiro Tenryu vs Yokozuna
13. Hiromichi Fuyuki & Masahiro Chono vs Heisei Ishingun (Kengo Kimura & Shiro Koshinaka)

Holy shit what a card. I'm actually NOT going to read your review, I want to watch it first. 1-2-3 Kid vs Negro Casas? Kitahara and Death Mark? Tenryu and Yoko? FUCK. And Heisei Ishigun?! WAAAAAH

strobogo

Banned

I think a guy as over as Bryan, who had been screwed out of the title twice in the last year, really needs a story line reason to not be in the Rumble. It makes no sense for him not to be in it unless he's prevented from entering the match by The Authority or an injury angle.

jred2k

Lol no Bryan in the Rumble would be a huge mistake, I think. I can't wait for it to be #30's time to enter with the clock ticking down. No Bryan yet so everyone will be chanting "YES!" and as the clock buzzes out comes Heath Slater.

I really think they are missing a huge opportunity to turn anybody they want heel. If Bryan was in the final two and the other person left beat him with a screw job finish it would bring that other person massive heat.

In my ideal situation, Cena would win the title from Orton earlier in the night. Bryan would lose the Rumble via screwjob finish. The winner has their shot against Cena at WM, but Cena says he will stay true to his word and give Bryan a fair title shot to set up a Triple Threat as Mania's main event.

Let Orton and Batista's program be a non-title one over Orton saying he was the only good thing to come from Evolution and is still the bigger star or something like that. The match is going to be shit anyways, and as the main event to WM30 it would be atrocious.

The writing has been so fucking terrible lately. The only people who have actually declared having any interest in the title are Lesnar and Batista, from what I remember. Punk has to, but that's probably just going off-script.

UberTag

I think a guy as over as Bryan, who had been screwed out of the title twice in the last year, really needs a story line reason to not be in the Rumble. It makes no sense for him not to be in it unless he's prevented from entering the match by The Authority or an injury angle.
So what you're saying is you want Bray to injure D.Brine at the PPV after their match?
I suppose the logic's sound.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna make a brave statement. Punk won't get the title again this year, no matter what - I'll put my avatar up for grabs for anyone willing to make that bet. I'll make it anything you want (After the Avatar Rumble of course)

Bryan has a tough task of making bray waytt look good in the ring. If it flops expect Cena to win the title

( that is if cena / bray is still on the table )

Corey Graves can be big. He has the Dean Ambrose thing. Give him a punk rock/anarchist gimmick when he joins the main roster. He can bring back ghe hardcore title.
he's a second-rate CM Punk whose gimmick is "knuckle tats"
Bryan has a tough task of making bray waytt look good in the ring. If it flops expect Cena to win the title

( that is if cena / bray is still on the table )
He made Erick Rowan look good, surely Bray isn't that much harder

jred2k

Gonna make a brave statement. Punk won't get the title again this year, no matter what - I'll put my avatar up for grabs for anyone willing to make that bet. I'll make it anything you want (After the Avatar Rumble of course)

Yeah he has been completely snuffed out of the title picture. The first 1/2 - 2/3rds of the year looks to be taken up by part-timers if Batista gets the belt from WM to SummerSlam or so. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Punk in a tag team with some shithead, like Kofi, doing nothing by that point. Triple H has a better chance of having a title reign this year.

I really hope we're all getting worked because everything seems to be falling apart so terribly. I never liked any match with Batista not named Undertaker and to have him on the heels of Wrestlemania 30 just terrifies me.

I said once and I'll say it again, I always thought this was the Wrestlemania that truly rewards Bryan, the workhorse wrestler at the moment who's tremendously over. Think about it, every tenth Mania seems to give the worker that moment of triumph with Bret and Benoit.

But so much has changed and now I'm simply just dwindling down waiting for all this to be over and endlessly ponder what could've been. Like a true wrestling fan.

LOL dang man it's just fake wrestling.

jred2k

I can't wait until the day Rowan's jumpsuit is ripped open to unveil that it is actually 3 dwarves Bray Wyatt has mind controlled and makes move together in complete synchronization.

Verendus

Banned
Some of you all are too gullible. There are hardly any notable stars in the Rumble match as it is. Of course Bryan will be in it. Why wouldn't he be? More interesting situation in my eyes is whether Lesnar will be in it, along with the loser of the Cena and Orton match (unless that closes which I hope it doesn't). I want more notable names.

I'd just like Punk to be in a heated and interesting feud again. Is that too much to ask?

And to change his look because he's just some average ass dude with no swag right now.

UberTag

I really hope we're all getting worked because everything seems to be falling apart so terribly. I never liked any match with Batista not named Undertaker and to have him on the heels of Wrestlemania 30 just terrifies me.

I said once and I'll say it again, I always thought this was the Wrestlemania that truly rewards Bryan, the workhorse wrestler at the moment who's tremendously over. Think about it, every tenth Mania seems to give the worker that moment of triumph with Bret and Benoit.

But so much has changed and now I'm simply just dwindling down waiting for all this to be over and endlessly ponder what could've been. Like a true wrestling fan.

LOL dang man it's just fake wrestling.
Your problem is that you expect anything from this organization while Vince is still alive. Of course they're going to screw this up. So yes, D.Brine will not be in the Rumble, there will be no reason for him not to be in the Rumble, everyone will chant yes at #30 expecting D.Brine only to be upset when he's not there, Broken Down Batista will win while looking like shit and will face the Boring One at WM30 for the title.

Expect the worst and instead of getting excited for anything the WWE may offer you, get pumped about the WrassleGAF Avatar Rumble instead.

somedevil

Also, they love teasing us the possible Shawn Michaels versus Bryan match with him always on the shows recently.

I also find it funny they have Bryan who is the most over guy in the company yet they have hard time giving him the title when there is an easy story to tell for him to win the title.

If you want Batista in the match just make it a 3 way.

Real talk punk needs a vacation . Dude worked his ass off last year . He is in that randy Orton zone of I don't give a fuck. He comes off as sluggish .

He is Basically back in the punk verse again . Which means he's not going to try as hard.

As for the title i see him beating Brock for the title at summerslam

Also we need the punk from last summer back in terms of promo work.

Pavaloo

Punk from two summers ago, no thanks 2013 summer Punk

basically everything post Undertaker is whatever/unenthusiastic from Punk

Laserfrog

I'll take on the bet if either of us has to change their avatar to a donkey, cause I like donkeys they are nice animals.

strobogo

Banned
Real talk punk needs a vacation . Dude worked his ass off last year . He is in that randy Orton zone of I don't give a fuck. He comes off as sluggish .

He is Basically back in the punk verse again . Which means he's not going to try as hard.

As for the title i see him beating Brock for the title at summerslam

Also we need the punk from last summer back in terms of promo work.

I agree. He needs a break after WM. They cut his break short last year and it was a bad idea. He also needs to take a shower. Dude looks so greasy. Like he's evolved from being a short order cook to being the flat top grill.

Verendus

Banned
Batista
CM Punk
Alberto Del Rio
Big E Langston
The Miz
R-Truth
Xavier Woods
Kofi Kingston
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Rey Mysterio
Fandango
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Damien Sandow
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso

These are the 20 apparently in the Royal Rumble so far. That is a mediocre line up right there. There are only two main event stars in Batista and CM Punk. There are some other good names like the Shield and Rey Mysterio, but it's seriously lacking notable names.

No doubt in my mind Bryan will be in the match. I'm also sure Big Show will be there unless Lesnar kills him. I hope that Lesnar himself along with either Cena or Orton will end up in the Rumble match too. I was also hoping Kane would be in the match (why doesn't he hold the record for most eliminations already?) but after seeing him in that angle with the Authority, I'm expecting he won't be.

If only Undertaker showed up in the match...

I'll take that bet. I can see Punk taking the title sometime in 2014, why not?

So he looks like he always did, gotcha.

At least he used to have the Jesus Punk look, or the hardass post-SES look, or the more well kempt Best in The World look.

Now he has bed head with a terrible beard and is going through the motions with average matches, and negative numbers of pipe bombs, and no psychological warfare. He's just a guy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lolling so hard about Gaming Side blowing their lid over endorsed videos.

How did they not know this was happening? Come on, it's 2014 and we've seen countless examples of this shit. :lol: Oh my, I do enjoy a good internet riot though.

G-Fex

I'd take you up on this bet except I agree with you. They won't give a title shot to that lazy motherfucker. He barely puts any effort in any matches now a days.
I got my walking shoes on.

DM She's gonna be in a booth with her steroided BF.
Lolling so hard about Gaming Side blowing their lid over endorsed videos.

How did they not know this was happening? Come on, it's 2014 and we've seen countless examples of this shit. :lol: Oh my, I do enjoy a good internet riot though.

endorsed videos?

charsace

I really don't understand why Kane wasn't the corporate champ and feuded with Bryan. He's by far one of the best actors and talkers in the company. And the character would have been amazing.

Rapstah

Batista
CM Punk
Alberto Del Rio
Big E Langston
The Miz
R-Truth
Xavier Woods
Kofi Kingston
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Rey Mysterio
Fandango
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Damien Sandow
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso

These are the 20 apparently in the Royal Rumble so far. That is a mediocre line up right there. There are only two main event stars in Batista and CM Punk. There are some other good names like the Shield and Rey Mysterio, but it's seriously lacking notable names.

No doubt in my mind Bryan will be in the match. I'm also sure Big Show will be there unless Lesnar kills him. I hope that Lesnar himself along with either Cena or Orton will end up in the Rumble match too. I was also hoping Kane would be in the match (why doesn't he hold the record for most eliminations already?) but after seeing him in that angle with the Authority, I'm expecting he won't be.

If only Undertaker showed up in the match...

The reason I said Lesnar wasn't going to be in the match two days ago is because Heyman made a point out of calling the match stupid and saying that Lesnar didn't need to be in it to be the number one contender for the title against whoever wins the WWE HWC match at the PPV. It would be remarkably stupid to follow that up by him being in the match.

Feels like they've got way too many main event-level people not working angles with each other right now. Main eventers should work with main eventers or close to main eventers except for the odd angle that's intentionally with someone lower to cool the person off while something else is happening that you want to draw attention too. They've got four or five people in cool-down feuds right now and only one belt which is essentially locked up until Wrestlemania. Apart from possibly making a great Elimination Chamber match, the next month is going to be weird.

Aiii

So not worth it
no I mean what are you talking about? I'd rather hear it from you than go to a clusterfuck of a thread over there

Oh, you didn't know? MS and EA have been offering cash for YT videos that positively show there shit for payment, but you're not allowed to disclose it's a paid advert.

---

1518818_610673999001714_1680527709_o.jpg

Verendus

Banned
The reason I said Lesnar wasn't going to be in the match two days ago is because Heyman made a point out of calling the match stupid and saying that Lesnar didn't need to be in it to be the number one contender for the title against whoever wins the WWE HWC match at the PPV. It would be remarkably stupid to follow that up by him being in the match.
He said that? Damn. He's obviously not in it then. Well, this sucks.

So Lesnar is showing up at the Royal Rumble to face Big Show. I don't even...what is wrong with these people? Why is it so hard for them to book such simple things well?

mrboo001

Banned
no I mean what are you talking about? I'd rather hear it from you than go to a clusterfuck of a thread over there

Basically, Microsoft and EA are giving Youtubers money per view ($3 - $10 per 1000 views) for positive or neutral opinions on the products. The big issue however, is that the Youtubers are contractually barred from mentioning that they are getting money from Microsoft or EA. Turns out this might actually be illegal.

EDIT: Beaten

Top Bottom