• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could see that happening.

Damn you Dragonzord I will not let you have a avatar of my waifu.

YOUVE GONE TOO FAR

potia1.gif

Verendus

Banned
At a guess, they could not want him in because they want someone else to win, and anyone who would eliminate Bryan would get booed out of the building (and being a star, he'd have to be in the final four).

I assume they will put him in the Rumble without telling us all the same.
I think Bryan could be eliminated in any number of ways without it affecting the overall winner. That's reading too much into things.

I have an idea about how to book Wrestlemania though. If WWE adamantly refuses to Cena and Undertaker this year, and Batista vs. Lesnar is also off the cards, then I would do the following:

- Bryan wins the Royal Rumble.
- Batista wins the title at Elimination Chamber.
- Batista goes heel on Bryan next night on Raw.

There is your title match.

If WWE are still pussyfooting around Cena and Undertaker, then the only other option there is Lesnar for Undertaker.

My only question is, what do they plan on doing with Cena if he's not having a match with Undertaker this year? There is nothing for him. He's coming off two back to back matches with The Rock. Why wouldn't he face Undertaker this year? Why is this match not happening already?

Just please god no don't do Batista and Orton. Anything but that.

Brotista is winning the Royal Rumble. Deal with it. *put on dem shades*

Is there a better match in TNA than Styles, Daniels, and Joe at Unbreakable 2005? Just got done watching the High Spots AJ Styles DVD and watching this match depresses the hell out of me. This is almost seven fucking years old.

G-Fex

Is there a better match in TNA than Styles, Daniels, and Joe at Unbreakable 2005? Just got done watching the High Spots AJ Styles DVD and watching this match depresses the hell out of me. This is almost seven fucking years old.

I think I remember that and hell no nothing is.

Vicious Joe is the real monster. Joe is/was scary as fuck

strobogo

Banned
Joe and AJ had the best chemistry of any two guys in TNA history. I would love AJ to get a WWE run. Not a main event thing, but stuck in the mid card with Cesaro and Shield.

You guys are gonna feel so silly when Sheamus makes his triumphant return at the Royal Rumble and Brogue Kicks Daniel Bryan over the top rope back down to the midcard where he belongs, Fella!

Edit: Damn it, Nocturnowl!

Guzim

I think that might be my favorite TNA match too. Joe-AJ at Sacrifice 2005 is great too.

G-Fex

You guys are gonna feel so silly when Sheamus makes his triumphant return at the Royal Rumble and Brogue Kicks Daniel Bryan over the top rope back down to the midcard where he belongs, Fella!

I could only hope this happens.

So let's see, TNA started off horrifyingly bad (according to what I read about that TNA is terrible site and TNA's early years)

Then at the height of AJ/Daniels/Joe/Xdivision it was great but this didn't last long.

Then it fell flat on it's face and Hogan was the nail on the coffin

strobogo

Banned
Early TNA wasn't all bad. A lot of it was really bad, but there was some really good stuff in the Asylum years. Things like AJ in general, the AMW/New Church feud, Low Ki, GO RED GO, bizarre appearances of old NWA/AWA guys. And the Tony Schiavone SHOOT on Mike Tenay. BULLSHIT.

UberTag

Edit: Damn it, Nocturnowl!
The all-important question is this... does D.Brine come out and get brogue kicked in the mush and eliminated in less than 18 seconds?

G-Fex

I see Mr. Perez is rocking a Portia avatar now.

1381539041048hbo5j.gif

Can't complain.

Oh Bby
Early TNA wasn't all bad. A lot of it was really bad, but there was some really good stuff in the Asylum years. Things like AJ in general, the AMW/New Church feud, Low Ki, GO RED GO, bizarre appearances of old NWA/AWA guys. And the Tony Schiavone SHOOT on Mike Tenay. BULLSHIT.

Though I don't remember any of this I imagine it's good? The last PPV I watched really kinda rubbed me the wrong way and burnt me out.

krae_man

Okay I finally got a new monitor to replace my broken one. Those 3 weeks with only one monitor were torture. Both my monitors are 1080p now whooo!

I'm all set for the Rumble.

Toki767

Okay I finally got a new monitor to replace my broken one. Those 3 weeks with only one monitor were torture. Both my monitors are 1080p now whooo!

I'm all set for the Rumble.

I have 2 23" monitors myself and man, it's just so much screen space. I end up not even turning on the second one unless I'm playing a game/watching something on the other screen.

krae_man

I have 2 23" monitors myself and man, it's just so much screen space. I end up not even turning on the second one unless I'm playing a game/watching something on the other screen.

That's exactly what I use them for. GAF/Email/whatever website I'm reading at the moment on one, video content on the other. Once you go dual screen, you can't go back.

Ithil

I don't have two monitors, or one Minotaur, but I have the thing I'm watching on my laptop beside the monitor if there's a chat or whatever for it.

strobogo

Banned
It's pretty boring and really isn't very informative. You don't get any good stories or dirt from TNA that you haven't already heard. It's a lot of "they get something/someone hot and then drop the ball" over and over. AJ's a nerd and loves his video games. The main things were he thought Scott Steiner was awesome, loved Christian, and thought it was a terrible idea for him to drop the title to RVD out of the blue when RVD was last seen in WWE and hadn't been on TV in 2 years.

Laserfrog

WWE should hire him and have a storyline where the other AJ and Joey Styles get into a matter transporter accident and out pops AJ Styles.

It's pretty boring and really isn't very informative. You don't get any good stories or dirt from TNA that you haven't already heard. It's a lot of "they get something/someone hot and then drop the ball" over and over. AJ's a nerd and loves his video games. The main things were he thought Scott Steiner was awesome, loved Christian, and thought it was a terrible idea for him to drop the title to RVD out of the blue when RVD was last seen in WWE and hadn't been on TV in 2 years.

Should've watched the DJ Hyde shoot instead - at least that's full of delusional Deej hilarity and burying Quack.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should hire AJ to be part of a show on the Network. Wressler Hair Intervention. He can be on the series premiere while CM Punk will end the season. HBK and Billy Gunn will also be on it.

Yeah basically what you saw on the preview on YouTube were the most juicy parts out of it. But man, hearing Don West and Mike Tenay putting over Unbreakable 05 main event, I could feel it. Still the only 5-star match from Meltzer if I'm not mistaken.

somedevil

I wanna see that AJ Styles shoot interview, but man...paying for an interview

Its not hard to find online if you use google.

Also, some ratings notes:

Last Wednesday's episode of WWE Main Event averaged 1.207 million viewers, down 21% from the 1.52 million viewers that the show drew the week before.

I find it sad that Main Event has the same and more viewers than Impact Wrestling and its the WWE C show. Its like when NXT was out drawing TNA.

strobogo

Banned
The other thing was Kurt was a real dickhead when he first came in and it wasn't until he started working with a few guys that he chilled out. That isn't really that surprising to me considering he was coming off of being a top star during the most successful period ever, main eventing Wrestlemania, then going to working for 900 people every week on top of his drug and family issues at the time.

Samoan Joe and Kurt Angle were the only notable "exclusive signings" TNA ever did. Everything else was bullshit like Christian, Aries, Sting, and Hogan

Laserfrog

I used to watch TNA around 05/06 I think on my big old 4:3 TV, it was great.

I think Sting is doing face painting at kid's birthday parties now.

Top Bottom