• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"The reigns leaves me soaking wet" - tumblr or real sign?

Lou Thesz:

4 ounces of your whiskey of choice
8 ounces of your cola of choice
No ice
Quartered leather belt

Use a towel to soak it up. Ring out directly into mouth.

Cola? Stro I like you but you drink like a 13 year old.

And a proper Lou Thesz is just whiskey and protein powder in equal proportions.

strobogo

Banned
Cola? Stro I like you but you drink like a 13 year old.

And a proper Lou Thesz is just whiskey and protein powder in equal proportions.

Whiskey and protein powders would wreak havoc on the gut. I approve. Recipe revised. Still needs the chunks of leather soaking and then served in a towel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These Del Rio gifs/reviews of his matches are delightful. Makes me really wish that character had come to WWE. Fantastic heel.

SPECIAL DOUBLE FEATURE!

DEEP - DOS CARAS JR vs BRAD KOHLER - 2003

i6Rya6M8nbczu.gif

welcome back to another Del Rio MMA bout. his opponent this time is Brad Kohler who looks so sad and on the verge of tears as he heads to the ring. what the fuck?!

iXAtk6JgwSIhq.gif

and here comes our hero, a young Alberto Del Rio. no double mask this time.

irL6hpSV6naeN.gif

Kohler is so short and pudgy. reminds me of a drunk Gaffer, a fellow contributor to legit shook. i wonder if Kohler is a jewish name... probably not.

iGvMHVk7Nv4d7.gif

Del Rio starts off well, gets the takedown.

iboUB3u1JKqWz8.gif

what's this? from out of nowhere, stro... i mean Kohler taps and gives Del Rio the win. a freak shoulder injury ends this fight. how did Del Rio react to this?

ib2Ks9LcWpA7k8.gif

HAHAHA, Del Rio celebrates like he just KOed Kohler with a flying knee. look at that backflip from the top rope, love this guy, what a heel. so the first fight we saw had Del Rio winning via a fluke broken arm, this one via a fluke shoulder injury. did this man ever actually finished someone? yes, yes he did.

DEEP - DOS CARAS JR vs TATSUO NAKANO - 2002

ihm4q57SZerAm.gif

sorry for the big ass watermark in the corner, couldn't find any other video of this. Nakano has a sweet ass entrance theme, slicked back hair and pedo stash.

ib8cZPufbZw0n.gif

Del Rio comes out with some lovely ladies wearing masks. his trainer is wearing a Mil Mascaras mask. Mil Mascaras, Mexican lucha legend, is Del Rio's uncle.

il8bGan88DF2T.gif

Del Rio got pretty good takedowns from the clinch. here's another.

irWXccdmtCBAv.gif

he gets Nakano's back, can he get the choke? YES, the japanese fighter taps as Del Rio finishes one of his opponents!!

ib1B4SmVyOJ7iZ.gif

do your backflip from the top rope, champ, you earned this one.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

coming up next:
- Laughter 7 vs Funaki/Kono (Wrestle-1)
- Zeb Coulter vs Akira Maeda (UWF)
- Ken Shamrock vs Josh Barnett (NJPW)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dutch Mantel in a worked shoot? Sign me up!

Also I don't know if I like the OT's turn towards GameFAQS style topics lately. I can make a lot of jokes about gaming-side going downhill but when there's topics involving a fuckin shit-ass "90s tv survivor" or other shitty forum games designed to keep people posting, I piss on my ass a little. Not a fan.

strobogo

Banned
You mean you don't like to name a movie starting with the last letter of the previous movie? We should make an OT thread for naming a wrestler with the last letter of the previous wrestler.

Heel

Sunny, I'll name a wrestler. You reply with a wrestler that starts with the letter of the last letter of the one I named. Let's see how long we can keep this going! If you don't forward this to 10 people, you'll go to hell.

tm24

Wrestling Observer awards;
  • Most Outstanding Wrestler
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi
    • Daniel Bryan
    • Kazuchika Okada
    • CM Punk
    • Negro Casas
    • Shinsuke Nakamura
    • Antonio Cesaro
    • Katsuyori Shibata
    • Prince Devitt
    • Tomohiro Ishii
Negro Casas getting love!
  • Feud of the Year
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada
    • Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate
    • Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
    • CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
    • CM Punk vs Paul Heyman
    • Georges St. Pierre
    • The Shield vs Kane & Daniel Bryan
    • Negro Casas vs Rush
    • La Sombra vs Volador Jr.
    • CM Punk vs The Rock
The best part of this is that Negro Casas vs Rush hasn't even really started! The hair match will probably be my MOTY
  • Most Charismatic
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi
    • The Rock
    • John Cena
    • Daniel Bryan
    • Shinsuke Nakamura
    • CM Punk
    • Brock Lensar
    • Minoru Suzuki
    • Negro Casas
    • Chael Sonnen
Further proof that i would pay so much money for an indy to bring in Casas
  • Best Technical Wrestler
    • Daniel Bryan
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi
    • Antonio Cesaro
    • Blue Panther
    • Zack Sabre Jr.
    • Kazuchika Okada
    • Shinsuke Nakamura
    • Prince Devitt
    • Davey Richards
    • KENTA
Fuck Blue Panther. Where's my Negro Casas?
  • Best High Flying Wrestler
    • Kota Ibushi
    • Ricochet
    • Adrian Neville
    • La Sombra
    • Sami Zayn
    • Mascara Dorada
    • AR Fox
    • ACH
    • Samuray del Sol
    • Rey Cometa
I feel like this list would have Mascara Dorada if Fantasticamania was earlier. Since he's a fucking wizard
  • Promotion of the Year
    • New Japan Pro-Wrestling*
    • Ultimate Fighting Championship
    • World Wrestling Entertainment
    • Dragon Gate
    • Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla
    • Ring of Honor
    • CMLL
    • Glory
Suck it ROH! PWG! PWG! PWG!
  • Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic
    • WWE Exploiting Death of Bill Moody
    • TNA treatment of Jesse Sorensen
    • CMLL not delivering Atlantis vs Guerrero mask match
    • WWE falsely advertising talent
    • HHH burying the roster in promos
    • Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton/HHH storyline
    • Dana White criticizing GSP
    • El Hijo del Santo blaming hurricane for canceling the Wagner vs. Park vs. Santo mask match that was never going to happen
    • WWE firing Jim Ross

I didn't talk about it, but El Hijo del Santo blaming a hurricane for cancelling a mask match that was never going to happen since no one wants to buy tickets is one of the worst things ever done in lucha and makes it so El Hijo is automatically one of the worst people in lucha, because holy shit, that's motherfucking low

jmdajr

It's worth doing when the new gimmick is stupid or not established.
I actually agree with you when it comes to something like referring to Tensai as Albert but that didn't stop smark crowds from chanting Albert at him long after it was past amusing.

This makes me want to use Roman Reigns in a fighting game of some kind. But not a YUKE's-developed WWE game.
Vince needs to throw money at Capcom to get him added to Street Fighter or something.

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, I'll name a wrestler. You reply with a wrestler that starts with the letter of the last letter of the one I named. Let's see how long we can keep this going! If you don't forward this to 10 people, you'll go to hell.

Pat Milkovich - I don't want to be cursed!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never forget this Stro:

8hNE0Tr.jpg

Post that shit to FB, friends.

strobogo

Banned
I need to catch up on NXT, but all this 80s talk makes me want to watch SNME or something. But then the Network will be up in a month and I can watch it in over the top HD quality, which is totally over the top. What to do, what to do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to catch up on NXT, but all this 80s talk makes me want to watch SNME or something. But then the Network will be up in a month and I can watch it in over the top HD quality, which is totally over the top. What to do, what to do.

They haven't been specific if SNME will be available at launch. I say don't delay. These promos man, these promos!

Heel

You mean you don't like to name a movie starting with the last letter of the previous movie? We should make an OT thread for naming a wrestler with the last letter of the previous wrestler.

lol great minds. Might as well title it "FWD: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: PASS IT ON! FWD: Spooky wrestling curse!" with some sicc ascii art.

IN A CELL!
Right? I mean it's not October yet but whatever.

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to watch the second episode of SNME, which included Hogan vs Volkoff, Andre/Tony Atlas vs John Studd/Bundy, and the Uncle Elmer wedding.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to watch the second episode of SNME, which included Hogan vs Volkoff, Andre/Tony Atlas vs John Studd/Bundy, and the Uncle Elmer wedding.

Get ready for an energetic crowd! Such exciting stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That entrance theme is too good. Feels like it'd be perfect in a montage in an 80s action movie.

They licensed music sometimes for it - is it the classic theme or Animotion's "Obsession"?

tm24

Just now looked at that Tomb Raider thread
jfppojssULfAe_e.jpg

That thread is turning into a massive graveyard. The @Neogafshitposts account is having trouble keeping up

In lucha news, the lucha gods have decided that Titan should be in amazing matches at least once a month

5) Titán vs Virus [MEX WELTER]
Titan is champion. Second defense.

That match will be so good!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That thread is turning into a massive graveyard. The @Neogafshitposts account is having trouble keeping up

In lucha news, the lucha gods have decided that Titan should be in amazing matches at least once a month

5) Titán vs Virus [MEX WELTER]
Titan is champion. Second defense.

That match will be so good!

No complaints about this. Titan is great and barring injury, this could be one of his biggest years.

Thus continues the saga of Necro Butcher, The Sad Deathmatch Clown.

I once got to see him perform as "The Ayatollah" Necro Singh. Which was just about my favourite Necro Butcher moment outside of him telling Randy The Ram that he wouldn't be able to run the ropes at all during their match.

Laserfrog

I'm upset that I'll have to wait to give WWE all my money a month for wrestling content. They haven't given a date for a UK release except for saying by the end of the year, have they?

strobogo

Banned
I'll never know what Vince saw in Volkoff. Was it because he worked for Vince Sr.? You know he was desperate when he brought Volkoff back in the New Generation era. Weird seeing a WWF ring with the NWA style ring posts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm upset that I'll have to wait to give WWE all my money a month for wrestling content. They haven't given a date for a UK release except for saying by the end of the year, have they?

Correct.

I'm optimistic though, they know worldwide is a priority with their money making plans and will not be half-assing it.

I'll never know what Vince saw in Volkoff. Was it because he worked for Vince Sr.? You know he was desperate when he brought Volkoff back in the New Generation era. Weird seeing a WWF ring with the NWA style ring posts.

Probably, I guess. Him and Sheik were good at getting heat, but Volkoff was always the kind of second fiddle to the illustrious Iron Sheik.

Top Bottom