• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

bjork

It could result in insane drama, but I really feel the communities that do year-end awards would do real well to unify an announcement date and have basically a NeoGAF Community Awards that'd be announced and 'televised'

It may be beyond my reach, but I'd like to try.

To clarify: I don't mean we vote on best manga of 2014, etc. I just want there to be a gathering of folks to enjoy the picks and learn about each other.

You might want to try an enlist the help of a mod now, to see if the ball can get rolling. Beats putting the work in and having it shut down due to whatever. Not trying to be a pessimist, mind you.

Sanjuro!!!!

tumblr_mzu7jaSz6W1snsjfoo1_1280.jpg

Ithil

Natalya must love her monthly visits to NXT. She actually gets to like, wrestle and stuff, without all the "don't show up the boys" bullshit.
Her and Summer have a short but sweet match on NXT this week, very solid stuff, given Summer has only been wrestling maybe a year and a half.

Natalya must love her monthly visits to NXT. She actually gets to like, wrestle and stuff, without all the "don't show up the boys" bullshit.
Her and Summer have a short but sweet match on NXT this week, very solid stuff, given Summer has only been wrestling maybe a year and a half.
Summer is better than The Ascension.

Rapstah

Re-watching Undertaker/Michaels at Badd Blood '97, there's a big pop when Michaels escapes the cage. I'm 99% sure a lot of the audience thinks you win if you escape the cage.

I love Undertaker no-selling Sweet Chin Music with the sit-up though.

jmdajr

You'll never escape the lure of chicken wings and beer!

Well I've been making my own wings at home. They are pretty good if you ask me.

And I even have my beer. The kind that hardcore people drink.

budlight lime. LOL!

link

The beer of jobbers! oh well..I like it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You might want to try an enlist the help of a mod now, to see if the ball can get rolling. Beats putting the work in and having it shut down due to whatever. Not trying to be a pessimist, mind you.

Just need to figure out which mod to contact. They all respond so wildly different. I'm thinkin' Stumples.

Hey Stumpokapow if you're catching this while you're searching your mentions on GAF, what do you think?

bjork

Just need to figure out which mod to contact. They all respond so wildly different. I'm thinkin' Stumples.

Hey Stumpokapow if you're catching this while you're searching your mentions on GAF, what do you think?

I know I'm not in here as much as I used to be, but seems like Y2Kev was the mod I've seen the most recently? Back in the old days. Bish was the easy choice for anything wrasslin'.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm not in here as much as I used to be, but seems like Y2Kev was the mod I've seen the most recently? Back in the old days. Bish was the easy choice for anything wrasslin'.

But he likes the Miz. I can't trust Y2Kev! He's a Mizfit!

I may go with Bish another time if I either don't hear back from Stampy-poo or others. There's some weird power dynamic going on that's..weird.

Rapstah

The Devin Taylor interview woman at NXT calls Sasha Banks "Salsa Branks" in this week's interview. Those aren't even names. One's not even a word.

Ithil

The Devin Taylor interview woman at NXT calls Sasha Banks "Salsa Branks" in this week's interview. Those aren't even names. One's not even a word.

I think she has a lisp or something. Which is really not a good thing for an interviewer to have.

strobogo

Banned
Lou Thesz:

4 ounces of your whiskey of choice
8 ounces of your cola of choice
No ice
Quartered leather belt

Use a towel to soak it up. Ring out directly into mouth.

Kaladin

Lou Thesz:

4 ounces of your whiskey of choice
8 ounces of your cola of choice
No ice
Quartered leather belt

Use a towel to soak it up. Ring out directly into mouth.

I only drink whiskey when I want to get stupid, which is rare because I'm usually driving.

UberTag

Smackdown spoilers:
Los Matadores lose to RybAxel! First loss for Los Matadores ever, right?
Primo and Epico have lost plenty of times.
But if you're asking if this is the first loss they've had while cosplaying as Mexican bullfighters and bringing a little midget to the ring with them, I believe you're correct.

McNei1y

Cesaro and Ziggler are definitely underrated by WWE standards. Those bastards. Hell, Barrett should be there too. I was amped for a short 3 minutes last year during the rumble when Cesaro, Barrett, and Ziggler were still in the ring with the last 5.

Rapstah

I think she has a lisp or something. Which is really not a good thing for an interviewer to have.

I guess the good news is she's interviewing Charlotte. Charlotte's so bad at interviews.
It would appear that Avatars with OPEN MOUTHS are the in thing in 2014.
Five years ahead of the trend.

Fuck, I've been on this forum for five years.
Primo and Epico have lost plenty of times.
But if you're asking if this is the first loss they've had while cosplaying as Mexican bullfighters and bringing a little midget to the ring with them, I believe you're correct.
I know you're joking but I really hate this trend of people seriously saying that all real-life relatives and former tag team partners under other gimmicks should be acknowledged as such. Like people thinking that IRS is Bray Wyatt's dad.

UberTag

I know you're joking but I really hate this trend of people seriously saying that all real-life relatives and former tag team partners under other gimmicks should be acknowledged as such. Like people thinking that IRS is Bray Wyatt's dad.
It's worth doing when the new gimmick is stupid or not established.
I actually agree with you when it comes to something like referring to Tensai as Albert but that didn't stop smark crowds from chanting Albert at him long after it was past amusing.

This makes me want to use Roman Reigns in a fighting game of some kind. But not a YUKE's-developed WWE game.
Vince needs to throw money at Capcom to get him added to Street Fighter or something.

Well that would CERTAINLY explain Bray Wyatt's God complexion and rebellion against the establishment. Damn WWE have some seriously deep booking these days.

Rapstah

I actually agree with you when it comes to something like referring to Tensai as Albert but that didn't stop smark crowds from chanting Albert at him long after it was past amusing.

Tensai is Albert now. No idea if he was supposed to be when he debuted as this clearly American dude from Japan.

Prime example is when the OSW Review guys are upset that the commentators at Summerslam 1992 don't mention that Crush and the Repo Man used to be tag partners in Demolition. Crush is Crush, they're clearly supposed to be the same guy, but the Repo Man isn't supposed to be Demolition Smash.

BHZ Mayor

This makes me want to use Roman Reigns in a fighting game of some kind. But not a YUKE's-developed WWE game.
Vince needs to throw money at Capcom to get him added to Street Fighter or something.

He's still Albert to me dammit!

Rapstah

Jesus, Alexander Rusev just wears plain men's underwear now. Better than whatever that thing is called he used to wear, I guess.

Sometimes it feels like that at times everyone forgets you're suppose to be able create an environment where you can suspend your disbelief for a while.

bjork

Sometimes it feels like that at times everyone forgets you're suppose to be able create an environment where you can suspend your disbelief for a while.

Sorry, that all went out the window when I got on the internet and learned that Mabel wasn't really king of anything.

Then I saw a list of wrestler's real names and HBK's name wasn't Shawn Michaels.

Then I saw that list of shit like "so and so shit on a table and so and so jerked off to it" and the dream was gone forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My addition to the Breaking Kayfabe Crushed My Heart series:

When I found out Nailz wasn't a legit convict, saw a pic of him and Bossman smiling together and it shattered my world.

strobogo

Banned
Seems like now would be a good time to drop the Tensai/Sweet T name and go back to Albert or A-Train. Sweet T makes no sense anymore since he lost his team, his girls, and his music.

Top Bottom