• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Surprisingly, the finals were actually fairly decent - Thumbtack Jack was always a bit shit, but Ryuji Ito carries him to an acceptable match and took some big bumps at the end. Also, it's amazing how Ito's body is such a mess of scar tissue that he doesn't ever seem to bleed all that match, even after three deathmatches in one night - in comparison, Thumbtack Jack was absolutely fucked before the final match had begun.

i9GkUgagXWrSp.gif

ib0URkgRZT3wiR.gif

Overall, I'd give IWA East Coast's 'Masters of Pain 2008' 3 out of 5 JEEEEZZZZUSSSSS!!!'s. I've definitely seen a lot worse.

krae_man

Lesner should be WWE champion and Daniel Bryan should make him tap for the title. This is of course, assuming Lesner wipes the floor with Big Show on Sunday.

WM 30

Sting Vs. Undertaker

Sting and Undertaker fight to a draw. he gets to keep his streak but was pushed to a draw by Sting.

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatts in a 2 on 3 match.

John Cena Vs. Hulk Hogan

Goldberg defeats Rybak in a squash match.

Brock Lesner vs Randy Orton

Ric Flair begins recruiting to manage a new stable.

Jake the Snake Roberts is seen talking to Wyatt after his match.

G-Fex

We'll start our own wrestling podcast.

We'll talk about wrestling waifus, the IWC, trash talk gaming side, Stro can talk about what he drank for breakfast.

We'll be sponsored by legitshook and couponbug.com

What's all this brit hate? I get paid in goddamn cold hard AMERICAN DOLLARS.

Now look at this yo-yo, that's the way you do it

You play the video games on the YouTube

That ain't workin'

that's the way you do it

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free

Now that ain't workin'

that's the way you do it

Lemme tell ya, this guy ain't dumb

Maybe get a blister on your little finger

Maybe get a blister on your thumb

Entropia

No One Remembers
WrestleMania 30

Randy Orton (c) vs. Daniel Bryan - WWE World Title match
Taker vs. Sting
Batista vs. Brock Lesnar
HHH vs. CM Punk
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

And other mid-card matches that they'll throw together two weeks before hand.

You're welcome, WWE.

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes needs to happen

strobogo

Banned
I love the Arkham games. I'm just terrible at the online shit, which I am terrible at on pretty much any game I've played online. Especially shooting stuff.

Sasha Banks is beautiful, but that clown lip stick has to go. Also, Alex Riley is so creepy when he talks about Emma.

strobogo

Banned
He constantly talks about how adorable he thinks she is, how sexy her accent is, how he keeps asking her out and she turns him down but her accent is so cute that he can't get mad. And then he was talking about DMing her on Twitter, but she never got back to him. Probably because he wears his letterman jacket despite being in his 30s and was the second to fucking Miz. It's really uncomfortable when Renee is on color with him, because not only does he hit on her, but also implies she wants to fuck every dude on the roster and sexts with Fandango.

Albert straight up burying him every chance he gets is awesome though. Does he do more than one show on commentary?

G-Fex

He constantly talks about how adorable he thinks she is, how sexy her accent is, how he keeps asking her out and she turns him down but her accent is so cute that he can't get mad. And then he was talking about DMing her on Twitter, but she never got back to him. Probably because he wears his letterman jacket despite being in his 30s and was the second to fucking Miz. It's really uncomfortable when Renee is on color with him, because not only does he hit on her, but also implies she wants to fuck every dude on the roster and sexts with Fandango.

Albert straight up burying him every chance he gets is awesome though. Does he do more than one show on commentary?

Wow A Ry is a scumbag

Verendus

Banned
lol wut? Really?

Not to me!
What's your favourite superhero game?

I love the Arkham games. I'm just terrible at the online shit, which I am terrible at on pretty much any game I've played online. Especially shooting stuff.
Online is too hard. How is anyone supposed to compete with guys who spend hundreds of hours on these games? The few times I ever go online with a game, I go to pretty die. Repeatedly.

This is extremely creepy.

Then again, it makes sense that he's such a loser. After all, he was associated with Miz.

Random but I was thinking about Gilberg and wondering what other spoof characters there have been in wrestling?

Obviously there was CP Munk as well and there must have been a skinny kid in goth clothes doing superkicks called the Indietaker but have there ever been any really obvious mocking characters in major Feds that I've just totally forgot about?

Ithil

Sasha Banks is beautiful, but that clown lip stick has to go. Also, Alex Riley is so creepy when he talks about Emma.

That's the gimmick.

mercypls5tzt1.jpg

Summer and Sasha together are
Ratchet and Skank

Random but I was thinking about Gilberg and wondering what other spoof characters there have been in wrestling?

Obviously there was CP Munk as well and there must have been a skinny kid in goth clothes doing superkicks called the Indietaker but have there ever been any really obvious mocking characters in major Feds that I've just totally forgot about?

Not at all mocking, but Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama have cosplayed as Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen a few times;

ZIergGc.jpg

Munenori Sawa had an alter-ego parodying Keiji Mutoh that he called 'Lingerie Mutoh', which is exactly what it sounds like.

Then there's comedy wrestler Kikutaro, who has made it his speciality to dress up as random wrestlers. Off the top of my head, he's done Bret Hart, Road Warrior Kiku, Don Frye and Mick Foley, plus a ton more. Here he is with Mick;

0YFPRFM.jpg

Lesner should be WWE champion and Daniel Bryan should make him tap for the title. This is of course, assuming Lesner wipes the floor with Big Show on Sunday.

Lesnar goes for the SSP to redeem himself for 19, pulls it off but Bryan dodges it and as Lesnar is down, Bryan goes for the Yes Lock, lasts 3 minutes, tease Brock lifting Bryan up then collapses, then taps. 75,000 Yes's in unison, fireworks (ballywho) to sign off Mania. BOOM.

strobogo

Banned
browsed Straight Shooters for the first time. jesus, it's slow, lol. gonna change it to one review per page.

Definitely. You need to do 1 or 2 per page otherwise you'll be crashing browsers.

Arkham Origins is a desperate cash grab.

I won't argue that, but I did enjoy it.

Vince, got a request: can you change the gif from my section to Barnett giving JLB a DVD? i feel it encapsulates perfectly my section.

ibgNeeCXiox9am.gif

You can do it yourself. Click blog settings and go to thumbnail. You can make it anything you want.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

There was Oklahoma in WCW which was a shitty parody of Jim Ross.

Plus you had the billionaire ted and The Huckster and Nacho Man in mid 90's WWF, although I don't think they wrestled.

And there's also the "Macho Warrior Ric Hogan" in USWA, although he looked more like Dude Love than what his name implied.

There was also Virgil in WCW, where he was named Vincent and Shane. Not an exact parody but you know where they got the names from.

And let's not forget Charlie Haas' 2008 gimmick of him dressing up as different superstars like Bret "Hitman" Haas and Haas Hogan. Sadly, we never saw Hunter Haas Helmsley.

Verendus

Banned
Look at all this wishing for Lesnar to tap. That's terrible. He should never tap. He still has a few more big matches in him, no need to make him look bitch made.

strobogo

Banned
As much as Bo's character improved, he's still really inconsistent. Sometimes he nails it, but other times (usually in front of the live crowd) he looks and sounds totally lost. He's still shitty in the ring.

There was Oklahoma in WCW which was a shitty parody of Jim Ross.

Plus you had the billionaire ted and The Huckster and Nacho Man in mid 90's WWF, although I don't think they wrestled.

And there's also the "Macho Warrior Ric Hogan" in USWA, although he looked more like Dude Love than what his name implied.

There was also Virgil in WCW, where he was named Vincent and Shane. Not an exact parody but you know where they got the names from.

And let's not forget Charlie Haas' 2008 gimmick of him dressing up as different superstars like Bret "Hitman" Haas and Haas Hogan. Sadly, we never saw Hunter Haas Helmsley.

Didn't the big show once have a similar gimmick as well? I remember the Showster but thought he dressed up as others as well

I think Stevie Richards had a gimmick like that in '99. I remember a short backstage clip of him asking Mick if he could be Dude Love, and Mick was like lol yeah go ahead. I haven't seen anything past that though

edit: beaten by stro

somedevil

While a contract itself may not have been signed, and it is something that has been talked about for months, Sting in WWE is stronger than ever to the point concepts using the term "A Man Called Sting" are in discussion

From Meltzer. The Sting possibility seems like its really going to happen this time.

Top Bottom