• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

DMczaf

From Meltzer. The Sting possibility seems like its really going to happen this time.

The only way this works is if he goes hardcore back into Crow Sting mode. It's dated, but it's the Sting most mainstream former wrasslin watchers know of. Gotta get dem former watchers back!

Rafters, baby!

strobogo

Banned
I don't see WWE doing a rafter gimmick after Owen. I think Sting as he is now, but in better shape, would be perfect. 2 months of intense training could get him looking pretty good for one match. It's not like he's in THAT bad of shape. He's got a lot of muscle and a good base. He just needs to drop some fat and up his cardio a bit. He's probably in better shape than Taker is.

DMczaf

I don't see WWE doing a rafter gimmick after Owen. I think Sting as he is now, but in better shape, would be perfect. 2 months of intense training could get him looking pretty good for one match. It's not like he's in THAT bad of shape. He's got a lot of muscle and a good base. He just needs to drop some fat and up his cardio a bit. He's probably in better shape than Taker is.

What about...above the Titantron, baby?!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Love this.

tumblr_mzvf2gRiEG1tqfo8zo2_400.gif

From Meltzer. The Sting possibility seems like its really going to happen this time.

Too bad it's 13 years too late. Guy is in horrible shape now. I wouldn't want him to take up one of the few Mania matches Undertaker has left. Undertaker should only be going for opponents that can still go in the ring. That's why he requested Daniel Bryan this year and that's probably still the plan. I could see them reworking things now that the Wyatt thing didn't work out like it was supposed to. Bryan vs Lesnar would be incredible and Lesnar vs Undertaker would also be very good. Of course there is Batista vs Orton which is shit, but that's the direction they are going. I'd guess they will pencil in Cena vs Bray Wyatt(incoming burial) and Punk vs ??? It was supposed to be Punk and Piper vs Cena and Hogan so now that Hogan can't go that's up in the air.

Carnby

On the topic of the Royal Rumble. I am a big fan of how the RR 1997 ended. Austin cheated and eliminated the the last the wrestlers, and winning the RR. Gorilla Monson said, "ok Austin, you won. But you're not going to Wrestlemania. At least, not yet..."

February's ppv was called Final Four. It was Austin V. Taker V. Bret Hart V. Vader, and the winner goes to WM.

This is much better then the shoehorned gimmicky cornballery that is Elimination Chamber.

Chopper

Seriously. I just watched Dave's return again, and he has gone from this:

2kkcr82.png

To this:

What has literally happened to him? Is it botox or something? I mean, he looks completely different. Younger and puffier. It's so weird.

Who signed off on Corey Graves opening a show in a suit? Makes no got dang sense.
is that the one where he cuts one of those I BET YOU ALL ARE WONDERING JUST WHY I DID WHAT I DID LAST WEEK but Neville cuts him off before he can say anything

he's bad. I liked him at one point, idk if my taste changed/grew or he got terrible or what.

strobogo

Banned
is that the one where he cuts one of those I BET YOU ALL ARE WONDERING JUST WHY I DID WHAT I DID LAST WEEK but Neville cuts him off before he can say anything

he's bad. I liked him at one point, idk if my taste changed/grew or he got terrible or what.

Yes. I think he's fine in NXT. I thought he was terrible on the indies though.

ieinNuJROBeR8.gif

G-Fex

Stro HES FAT.

I'm also fat too :( and I vow to lose weight. I feel like Chris Hero or modern HHH

You know WWE is going to bring up how much WCW sucked once Sting signs on.

AND YOU CAN RELIVE CLASSIC WCW MOMENTS SUCH AS STING'S INFERNO MATCH ON THE WWE NETWORK.

Ugh. They're never going to stop shutting up about the network.

Yes. I think he's fine in NXT. I thought he was terrible on the indies though.
Maybe it's just he and Neville didn't click in their tag team at all. like, they were just two guys on a team rather than two guys that care about each other, but it's not like they ever built up the team or anything. That's sorta how they explained the breakup but it still wasn't fun to watch them.

G-Fex

I can see it.

promo videos about how Sting terrorized the nWo and then all this other stuff and nothing TNA and cut to old Stinger now.

WRESTLE-1 - LAUGHTER 7 (SHIBATA & SAKURABA) vs MASAKATSU FUNAKI & MASAYUKI KONO - 2013

iqMkfS1DSCjbY.gif

Masakatsu Funaki, 44 years old, shoot-style and MMA legend. Kono also a MMA fighter. Laughter 7 needs no introductions.

irVYQ7FAp1Ep8.gif

Funaki and Sakuraba start. they circle each other, trading strikes. Sakuraba gets hold of a mid-kick and takes matters to the ground.

ibyZ7eMibc9FyF.gif

they scramble on the ground till Sakuraba tags in Shibata. good lord, the sound on this mid-kick echoes on the arena. Funaki goes for a soccer kick but gets countered by Shibata.

iPTbWNKt9rWwW.gif

Shibata tries to kneebar Funaki but the veteran reaches the ropes. Shibata moves in with kicks but gets countered into a sweet Figure Four Kneebar from Funaki.

iKCWy4JzHaErk.gif

Shibata uses the ropes to escape and Funaki tags in Kono. they trade forearm smashes for a while and then decide to take things even further with trading big boot shots. such fighting spirit.

ibhKX1pqZhAIYQ.gif

Shibata tags in Sakuraba and right after Kono tags in Funaki. holy shit, another loud, stiff kick followed by a side suplex.

ibqtzRajTKo5jW.gif

after a submission attempt while shenanigans take place outside the ring, Funaki tags back in Kono, who tries to pin Sakuraba. the veteran comes back with some striking, then a takedown followed by an awesome double foot stomp.

ibcSYb3ILwXSU3.gif

corner dropkick by Shibata. ouch.

i0Ayia2QrGCQI.gif

Funaki is back in the ring. he dishes out some punishment on Shibata who outmuscles his opponent and lands a headbutt.

iboJmNZf9oXaaS.gif

Kono and Saku are now the 2 legal men. Saku goes for a triangle choke but is reversed into a powerbomb.

ibx2uG6TCz0Pv3.gif

while Shibata and Funaki fight outside, Kono goes for a powerslam but only gets a 2 count.

ih3rjoFDVq3hl.gif

Kono runs towards Saku who uses a fireman's carry into sleeper hold. as Kono fights back, Saku switches up to a chiken wing crossface for the win.

still coming today:

- Dirty Dutch Mantel vs Akira Maeda (UWF)

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

strobogo

Banned
Maybe it's just he and Neville didn't click in their tag team at all. like, they were just two guys on a team rather than two guys that care about each other, but it's not like they ever built up the team or anything. That's sorta how they explained the breakup but it still wasn't fun to watch them.

That was the point of their team, though. They were unlikely allies who had nothing in common besides both guys having an issue with the Wyatts. Their lack of chemistry was a plot point. I think the plan the whole time was to split them up, but it definitely went on a little longer than it needed to.

Seriously. I just watched Dave's return again, and he has gone from this:

To this:

What has literally happened to him? Is it botox or something? I mean, he looks completely different. Younger and puffier. It's so weird.

I am still weirded out by it myself. Something is definitely off. Round baby ass face and no legs.

This lawyer is hilariously bad. Also TNA is not public company this doesn't make sense.

Really that was some bad acting lol. Also the production values have dropped a ton since Bischoff left. That was indie bad. How do you know someone is buying stock, but not know who they are? lol They really should have let Heyman have control back in 2011.

Top Bottom