• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
Something I hate about wrestling is when a guy is leaving the territory/company, they always go out of their way to diminish or sometimes full on bury the guy leaving so they won't look as good heading into the next place. I've always found that very distasteful and petty. Especially a guy like Sting who has given more to TNA than he did to the last 5 years of WCW. Not only is it petty, but usually a company will go out of their way to demean the legacy of a wrestler in their company, which also demeans any guy who has defeated him or any titles he's held.

Something I hate about wrestling is when a guy is leaving the territory/company, they always go out of their way to diminish or sometimes full on bury the guy leaving so they won't look as good heading into the next place. I've always found that very distasteful and petty. Especially a guy like Sting who has given more to TNA than he did to the last 5 years of WCW. Not only is it petty, but usually a company will go out of their way to demean the legacy of a wrestler in their company, which also demeans any guy who has defeated him or any titles he's held.

Luckily no one is watching this.

Ultratech

Sting leaves in typical TNA fashion. with a screwjob ending and a commercial break in the middle of his final match. These idiots know he's leaving and they don't even try to use it to put over Magnus. They just have a lack of understanding of even basic wrestling fundamentals.

Yup.

Poor Sting.

(Frankly, I was asleep for most of the show; I managed to wake up partways through the match where everyone started coming in.)

MG310

Hulk Hogan leaves with your heel owner on her knees begging him to stay.

Sting gets gently placed on his back with a weak finisher and stays down for a 35 count.

strobogo

Banned

Sting gets gently placed on his back with a weak finisher and stays down for a 35 count.

Hogan's final segment was one of the most embarrassing moments in TNA history. If there was ever a time for burying someone on the way out, it would have been with Hogan.

Vylash

Really shows the difference in ego between the two, Sting took a pin while Hogan made the company look like shit, actually that's a great summary of both of their time spent in TNA

strobogo

Banned
Really shows the difference in ego between the two, Sting took a pin while Hogan made the company look like shit, actually that's a great summary of both of their time spent in TNA

I think it is a great summary of the two in general. Besides the Vampiro feud, Sting was always willing to put people over and make them look better, even when he shouldn't have. In pretty much all of his TNA feuds, he wanted to lose, but Dixie/whoever was in charge would always want him to go over. It's really a shame that no one was really able to get the rub from Sting in TNA, not because of Sting, but because of TNA.

It just hit me that Sting could be in the Royal Rumble. They should let him win it and have him give up his title shot for a match with Taker. Then have a big EC match for the main event at WM. it makes too much sense!!

DMczaf

RoyalRumble11102004dog679.jpg

It just hit me that Sting could be in the Royal Rumble. They should let him win it and have him give up his title shot for a match with Taker. Then have a big EC match for the main event at WM. it makes too much sense!!

I don't even want to see him show up until he works out for a couple of months to get in shape and gets some hair plugs. At least WWE can bring him in as crow Sting and hide how bad he is until the match with their awesome production crew. just have him in the rafters playing mind games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not part of Wrastlin-GAF, but I took a pic of this for the post random stuff you own thread. I got this back in the day!

12112310185_d13870db39_c.jpg

strobogo

Banned
No hair plugs. Either have him shave it in a similar manner to HHH/Taker, cut it shorter and not try to hide it, or do some kind of crazy Muta-like make up/mask thing. Dude is in his mid 50s. Let him have a bald spot. He could paint his whole head Goldust style.

With the rumoured big matches at WM out there, you know what Mania really needs?

A MITB match.

Those matches are almost always fun and with everyone "big" already in matches it would give WWE a excuse to push someone new in the main event.

The MITB matches really lost that "mid card guy tossed into the main event" stuff since it became its own PPV and John Cena started winning them.

Also Kevin Nash dyed his hair and beard again. Big Sexy in the rumble confirmed?

I just had a day dream where Randy Orton wins a PPV main event match over Bryan and instead of his music, Kool & The Gang's 'Celebration' plays instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Confetti, balloons and streamers fall from the ceiling. The Authority come out clapping and grinning ear to ear, while Bryan is still out from an RKO in the ring. Bringing up the rear are Brad Maddox and Vikki Guerrero forcing the whole WWE roster out to join in the celebration. Once everyone is assembled in and outside the ring, the music transitions to Kool & The Gang's 'Jungle Boogie'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHGOO73Gxg4

After lots of yelling from Brad Maddox the WWE Superstars and Divas reluctantly form a Soul Train Line in the ring and Randy Orton goes through, busting out some awesome dance moves. As Orton nears the end of the line, Bryan is just about getting up in front of him, only for Orton to punt his head off and continue dancing.

Fade to black.

McNei1y

I took a nap after work today and had a dream. It involved a tag team group of Brock Lesnar and Edge with Paul Heyman. They were fighting two HHHs. We all lose.

I took a nap after work today and had a dream. It involved a tag team group of Brock Lesnar and Edge with Paul Heyman. They were fighting two HHHs. We all lose.

I feel like two Hunter's could not co-exist. They would try to steal each other's thunder and the result would be some kind of space-time rip.

Top Bottom