• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

tm24

So apparently Sin Cara was on tv doing an interview and stated that the reason he left WWE was that they limited him.

Yeah

Mengetsu

Apparently Sting changed his Facebook home page pic after losing tonight to a quote he used in WCW.

Also unfollowed Dixie and TNA twitter as well. A work? Or is this really it? Only one man knows...

1388703113_18n489e_aln1.gif

Mark Knopfler representing!

Hogan's final segment was one of the most embarrassing moments in TNA history. If there was ever a time for burying someone on the way out, it would have been with Hogan.

Hogan had creative control, so he had to approve whatever they wrote for him. Which, if of course, dumb, but TNA.

Hasney

tumblr_mzfdloQPMC1sl0kr7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mzdlm88GyO1sl0kr7o1_1280.png

Also, I can't post the picture because the idiot used a dumb font colour, but:

"I’m still not mentally, emotionally, or physically over The Shield in suits."

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_mzk1cvwcpS1sl0kr7o1_1280.jpg

Submitted by: Dixie Carter.

Isn't going to TNA selling out for these ex-WWE (in this case I suppose WCW) guys? They're obviously not going there for the fame or good will of the folks in the IMPACT ZONE~!

And now I'm arguing with a wrestling confession tumblr. Thanks for that WrassleGAF

Tendo

Time to hit the road. 12 hour drive to see my family and then the Rumble in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Gonna be a rad few days!

Hasney

Think we need to burn whoever confessed this, as well as the maintainer of the blog for using a picture of Layla

tumblr_myqvbwJnxa1sl0kr7o1_1280.png

ONE MORE DAY TO THE GAF AVATAR RUMBLE! GET HYPE!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I woke up at 1am this morning. Clearly my body is getting ready a sleeping pattern ready for sign-pointing weekend.

Aiii

So not worth it
Really interesting discussion on this weeks Figure Four Bryan and Lance podcast. They're discussing what is missing from WWE characters lately and they agree that they're too one-dimensional in the sense that you can't ever imagine what their personalities are. So as an example they put John Cena, even with Total Divas, you can't imagine what kind of person he is. You can't imagine what kind of car the character John Cena would drive. Or you can't imagine that if you were to spend one day with John Cena on what you would do with that character.

For instance, they say, Steve Austin is a redneck, you can imagine him living on a Texas Range, you can imagine he drives a huge pick-up truck and goes out hunting. Or even Hogan, you can imagine taking him to the beach. Ric Flair you can imagine in a big house and a limo or expensive premium sedan.

But Cena, nothing, he likes the gym is as far as they got. He's got no distinctiveness around him and this is what's keeping him from being considered on the level of a Austin and Hogan and is keeping people from connecting with him.

Not just him though, the discussion started about Mojo Rawlins and shifted to guys like Dolph Ziggler. Lance argued that all they are is a catchphrase and it's being jammed down your throat. Mojo comes out and his titantron says STAY HYPED. His thights says STAY HYPED. His promo's all go "I don't get hyped, I STAY HYPED" and commentary continues to mention his entire match how this guy STAYS HYPED. Same with Ziggler and his Show-off stuff. Instead of just showing off and letting us reach the conclusion that "oh this guy is a show-off" they put it on the tron, he has it on his thights, his t-shirt says it, commentary keeps mentioning it and in the end you can't imagine anything about the character, making him completely one-dimensional.

Lance makes the same point about the women. Where he says there is the ones with characters that are good-looking and there's the ones with sex-apeal without characters and you go "Oh yeah, she's really hot, but I wouldn't want to go out on a date with her or get to know her", where the others make you interested in them. That translates well to what you see on this board, where girls like Bailey and Emma or Kaitlyn and Paige who are aren't supermodel levels of hot are getting way more pics posted than the Bella's or Eva Marie.

John Cena would drive a Dodge Viper for sure. Big Green and white Dodge Viper.

The catchphrase I totally agree with. It's all about whatever they can put on t-shirt rather than the wrestler building a character.

hell no

I was LEGIT SHOOK that Velvet Sky and Austin Aries were still around

Come on, Son. #ShillforSunny.

Hasney

People in the office were banging on about Hulk being in London to sign for someone.

I was disappointed to find it was the football player and not Hogan swerving everyone to sign for a UK promotion.

Rapstah

I'm willing to believe it's actually tied to something because it's the Rumble weekend, but if nothing has happened by Monday I'm sure this is just their new "get people talking on weekends" policy Meltzer speculated about after Ryback did his thing.

Top Bottom