• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii, I don't appreciate you shitting on the Guardians. Maybe Rocket Raccoon bite you in your sleep!

I love the Guardians, but they are not A-level superhero's.

None of the general public knows who any of them are, so I'm not entirely sure they'll go to see them in theatre's just because it's a Marvel film.

Besides, Superhero movies are like Guitar Hero now, get wildly popular out of nowhere and then oversaturate the market until nobody cares about it anymore. We are fast approaching the tipping point where people stop buying into the craze.

Claiming Midnight wrasslegaf is like claiming STDs. It's like claiming that MTV wrestling show. It's like claiming... some other dumb shit and low points in humanity.

I wasn't even awake for it, I just woke up in the following mornings and witnessed the hilarious aftermath.
I like to think of it as Wrasslegaf's tribute to the lower-mid card storylines of the attitude era.

Welcome to Night Vale episode 18 includes some birth announcements. One of the people in town gave birth to an adult man's detached hand.

Mae Young lives in Night Vale confirmed.

strobogo

Banned
I love the Guardians, but they are not A-level superhero's.

None of the general public knows who any of them are, so I'm not entirely sure they'll go to see them in theatre's just because it's a Marvel film.

Besides, Superhero movies are like Guitar Hero now, get wildly popular out of nowhere and then oversaturate the market until nobody cares about it anymore. We are fast approaching the tipping point where people stop buying into the craze.

I've been thinking the same thing for years, but it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Every year, there are more and they all make more money. I've been thinking every year since 2009 would be the one where the bubble popped. I've been wrong every time.

Boots, since you hate my large gifs, what do you think the ideal width/height is?

miserable

I had to create a second Minus account in preparation for The Network. I'm going to watch the play through of Metal Gear 2 and then I'm going to review Impact. Might be a weekly thing, might not. We'll see.

Also, I vote that Sunny put up a page with all of the various Youtube/Twittah pages for all the contributors.

Is it by DSP?

Aiii

So not worth it
I've been thinking the same thing for years, but it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Every year, there are more and they all make more money. I've been thinking every year since 2009 would be the one where the bubble popped. I've been wrong every time.

I figure it's because of the star power they kept adding.

Which is why I think Guardians might bomb, it's lacking alot of star power when compared to Dark Knight and Avengers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can work on a "staff" page if you guys would like. I'd really prefer each post each one of you makes to have the author's name as a link to their About page so I don't have to type ahee hee. Though for ads, we may 'affiliate' with OSW which involves us both placing each others' ads there for better PENETRATION. We'll see.

It allows you to command The Undertaker.
undertaker-holy-urn-1.jpg

You know how Undertaker got that urn?

Probably from the props department

gurudyne

Eh, it's entertaining pap. They haven't mined the source material completely dry of good ideas yet (Batman's still got three or four good rogues left to get a good turn on the big screen, there are a few good heroes left with no screentime at all) so until they bring back BatMite or some of the other Silver Age idiocy, they can coast. At its worst, I don't think Guardians is a tipping point, but it (and the last 15 minutes of The Wolverine) might signify one in the not-too distant future.

strobogo

Banned
Which looks better

ibbFL2VUsFTqGn.gif

380x287, 12MB

ibnL7PePlDvABb.gif

200x200, 5.32MB

I prefer bigger ones, but I'm not going to cut back on frame rate to get a smaller MB. 250x200 looks pretty decent, I guess.

K-1 DYNAMITE - BOB SAPP vs AKEBONO - 2003

ibny3BXW5vNpL7.gif

here we are. holy shit, this fight was huge. to give an idea of much of a draw Sapp was, this fight had 54 MILLION VIEWERS live. Bob Sapp, man. fuck. Akebono is fat. former sumo champion. the japanese treated this like the most epic of matches, the production values made Wrestlemania look bush league. look at that stage.

iAECRLFbOWASA.gif

this was Sapp at his best. look at that robe, that entrance. it's the same theme as Flair. what a showman. a fuckin STAR, a true one, not like these schmucks on the WWE right now.

ibtaOwtJutVCOJ.gif

it doesn't stop, it never does. fuckin STEVIE WONDER shows and plays the USA anthem on a harmonica. not fuckin Kid Rock, not shitty Limp Bizkit, STEVIE WONDER. legend. the fight hasn't even started and this is already the most epic thing in the world.

ibgmoOacRagel2.gif

Rickson Gracie, the greatest Brazilian Ju Jitsu practioner of all time, shows up and hands flower to both Akebono and Sapp. another legend. all i see is legends.

irAjRPAp2kagT.gif

Akebono's family at ringside. i wonder how sex with Akebono was like. such a small lady. picture an elephant on top of a kitten. ouch.

ibrA7asB0jJl4.gif

best part about Sapp in Japan? his fighting style was always listed as NFL. bless Japan.

i9pRg4ceHelA1.gif

the fight begins. Sapp slowly approaches Akebono who throws a couple of punches and shows his strenght by shoving Sapp with ease.

ibcgMy8KRDXIX4.gif

Sapp training with Sam Greco paid off, as he shows some good quality low kicks.

iuqz27ewR1BUU.gif

more low kicks. as Akebono closes the distance, Sapp counter with a right hand and shook all the fat in Akebono's body. the former Sumotori didn't like that at all.

iyNcgJ6CwwNs9.gif

2 minutes and both men are visibly gassed. Sapp let's his fists fly. right hand connects!!! Akebono goes down for the count!!! the crowd is losing their minds over this!!

iXnlRKBoqksaM.gif

Akebono gets back on his feet!! his wife looks on, holding her children's hands, a gaze of concern in her face. can Akebono withstand Sapp's power?

iVD2DRbjS4GZo.gif

Sapp moves in, his intentions clear. Akebono is tired. Sapp throws a 1-2 combination... IT'S DONE!!! Akebono falls face first into the canvas and this fight is over. Sapp is the winner!!!!

ifF4170f7PWRu.gif

Sapp celebrates by holding a giant check into the sky. glorious fight, glorious event, glorious everything. i miss this, i miss this so much.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Jamie OD

New rumour popping up online about Daniel Bryan at Mania. PWInsider says
his match might be against Sheamus. That is not the show to do that match.

I figure it's because of the star power they kept adding.

Which is why I think Guardians might bomb, it's lacking alot of star power when compared to Dark Knight and Avengers.

Batista isn't enough for you?

I think they'll do well until the quality starts to drop. Say what you will, they aren't afraid to take risks with the genre to an extent. Iron Man 3 was pretty much a comedy. Captain america 2 looks like a political thriller.

I'm not saying they're high brow, but they do bring a certain level of quality.

jred2k

New rumour popping up online about Daniel Bryan at Mania. PWInsider says
his match might be against Sheamus. That is not the show to do that match.

YES! Lock in 18 seconds = Sheamus mega-over, right?

The night after the crowd will be going crazy with "Fella!" chants.

Just finished REmake for the first time and got the best ending with my OG waifu Jill. Definitely the best traditional RE.

In other news, SUPER PUMPED about the 2nd Annual Avatar Rumble tomorrow. Dis gon b gud. I think there might be some other ramble on Sunday, but I can't confirm, nor do I really care.

Holy shit Lambda.I remeber that event, saw it live on tv.Truly epic, Sapp was HUGE in Japan.

man, those New Years Eve events in Japan used to be balls to the wall crazy. actors and comedians fighting, crazy entrances, the hottest crowds ever in Japan. i really miss them.

jred2k

Just finished REmake for the first time and got the best ending with my OG waifu Jill. Definitely the best traditional RE.

In other news, SUPER PUMPED about the 2nd Annual Avatar Rumble tomorrow. Dis gon b gud. I think there might be some other ramble on Sunday, but I can't confirm, nor do I really care.

I legit keep forgetting that the RR is on Sunday. Monday's Raw could have been a Raw from the middle of October and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. I hope RR never reaches Survivor Series levels of insignificance.

I legit keep forgetting that the RR is on Sunday. Monday's Raw could have been a Raw from the middle of October and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. I hope RR never reaches Survivor Series levels of insignificance.

I was just exaggerating, I'm still interested in the Rumble on Sunday. I want to see the beginning of the road to WM, and how badly they'll screw it up :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
REmake is the only truly terrifying REgame.

I've been scared by moments in regular 1 and 2, 3, CV, and 4.

REmake though? Shit my pants scary. My childhood home has a decently long wooded driveway and one of my friends who came over like to park at the parking lot above the driveway so he didn't scratch the paint on his car. Walking back up the driveway to go to his car after playing RE for a few hours? Terrifying.

The first time a Crimson Head BURST through a normally safe wooden door I screamed out loud. All the little changes they made from 1 to fuck with people who played it.

It's by far the single best remake ever made.

REmake is the only truly terrifying REgame.

I've been scared by moments in regular 1 and 2, 3, CV, and 4.

REmake though? Shit my pants scary. My childhood home has a decently long wooded driveway and one of my friends who came over like to park at the parking lot above the driveway so he didn't scratch the paint on his car. Walking back up the driveway to go to his car after playing RE for a few hours? Terrifying.

The first time a Crimson Head BURST through a normally safe wooden door I screamed out loud. All the little changes they made from 1 to fuck with people who played it.

It's by far the single best remake ever made.

Agreed on all points.

I did a terrible job lighting the zombies on fire my first time through the mansion. Let's just say that didn't go so well lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The worst thing playing it fresh is that no one knew exactly what activated Crimson Heads (Protip: it activates after certain milestones in mansion progress, not time) back in the day. There's a couple of times where you'll kill a huge batch of them, run into the wrong room and suddenly they are all standing up and coming to get you.

somedevil

Daniel Bryan did another interview this one mixed with kayfabe. He was asked if he would be in the rumble and what would be his opponent if wasn't for the title or Shawn Michaels:

"As of now, I'm not in the 30-man Royal Rumble match, I'm trying to get involved in it. Triple H doesn't want me anywhere in the Royal Rumble match."

Bryan also mentioned in the interview that if he's not wrestling for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania XXX, he would like to face Triple H because Triple H has been keeping him away from his goals. As an alternative match to Triple H, he said he would like a shot at The Undertaker's Streak.

Hard to read it other than his answer is playing to the current storyline.

The worst thing playing it fresh is that no one knew exactly what activated Crimson Heads (Protip: it activates after certain milestones in mansion progress, not time) back in the day. There's a couple of times where you'll kill a huge batch of them, run into the wrong room and suddenly they are all standing up and coming to get you.

YogRot1.gif

Tha...that explains things. Goddammit Mikami ;_;

Kaladin

Expected Matches for Mania 30 via pwinsider audio:

Bork vs Taker
HHH vs Punk
Batista vs Orton
Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Bryan vs Sheamus III

Could be interesting....would be nice to see that last match actually get some closure on the big stage.

somedevil

Expected Matches for Mania 30 via pwinsider audio:

Bork vs Taker
HHH vs Punk
Batista vs Orton
Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Bryan vs Sheamus III

Could be interesting....would be nice to see that last match actually get some closure on the big stage.

That last match can be interesting if go with the storyline that there last wrestlemania match was supposed to make his career but it instead it ruined him and he now he going to take it out on Bryan and the fans that turned on him after that.

Anth0ny

REmake is so good. Some of the creepiest atmosphere ever in a game.

Bryan/Sheamus
is not a bad match, but it's definitely not the match anyone wants right now at Wrestlemania 30. Do that match, and you have
a new, decently over heel in Sheamus
. That's about it.

Put Bryan over Cena, 70,000 people chanting YES to put the show off the air, and you have a new face of the company.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That last match can be interesting if go with the storyline that there last wrestlemania match was supposed to make his career but it instead it ruined him and he now he going to take it out on Bryan and the fans that turned on him after that.

I approve of this just because the last thing anybody needs is
Sheamus to return as a face.
I liked him as a heel but he is so fucking terrible as a face.

Anth0ny

Yep. The story writes itself. Not sure it's Mania worthy, though.

Top Bottom