• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

wtsq4Ui.jpg

Rapstah

Smackdown spoilers:
Ryback and Axel beat Los Matadores clean with a roll-up after one Matador is distracted by nothing for no reason and for some reason this is the cue for Los Matadores to exit to their music (like if they just won a brawl after the match which they didn't) while fake pops fill the arena. Makes no sense.

Vylash

Smackdown spoilers:
Ryback and Axel beat Los Matadores clean with a roll-up after one Matador is distracted by nothing for no reason and for some reason this is the cue for Los Matadores to exit to their music (like if they just won a brawl after the match which they didn't) while fake pops fill the arena. Makes no sense.

...Ole?

Guzim

Smackdown spoilers:

6fx6JC5.jpg

G-Fex

Why'd you post a picture of Summer Rae^ ?

Fucking hate Sting. His stupid ass hair, always thinking he's so cool. Such an egomaniac. Never put anyone over. Spotlight hog. He's terrible.

Every post you make, every legit you shook, i'll be watching you

Izanagi

Neo Member
Sheamus does not lack athleticism, but he has the charisma of a Bob Backlund on somatropin. Furthermore, he's far from outstanding in the ring. We have many examples of people who lacked something in the looks/mic skills department, but they were impressive in the ring and managed to connect with people. Sheamus achieves neither.
Therefore, Daniel Bryan deserves better. He deserves a truly high profile match, either against a legend, or against the WWE champion. Any less than that and it's a mockery.

UberTag

You guys are insane.

Sheamus is great in the ring. I like him just being a simple I'm IRISH and I like to FIGHT guy but that shit really only works when you're a heel. Him being on the mic as a face was legit painful to listen to.
Sheamus gimmick should be Irish brawler. Just beat the piss out of people
I agree with you guys on Sheamus.
And it sound like you want him to have Finlay's old character (pre-Hornswoggle).

strobogo

Banned
God damn it, Bob Backlund had a ton of charisma, he just was a bad talker. People saying Sheamus sucks at everything and are now taking shots at Mr. god damn Backlund? Fuck this shit.

His match with Bryan at Extreme Rules was one of the best matches that year.

His bouts with Big Show were also surprisingly good.

The ring work isn't the problem, the character on the other hand... Unbearable.Unbearable

I say
comes back with new look, different character

I made a huge mistake earlier, I got the hunger to play a good old wrasslin' game, problem is the only games I have on hand to play without setting up old consoles are PS3 WWE games, so I begrudgingly started up WWE13.
Yeah the rumbles coming up so lets play a rumble, Kane on random entry, lets do this.
So to kick off I end up drawing number 1 and watch the sloppily animated Kane entrance that hasn't been changed for like 4 games, Number 2 is Daniel Bryan looking like he walked out of a PS2 era game and away we go. Before the next person could even enter I'd already eliminated Bryan through a crummy elimination minigame of which the CPU put up zero resistance, I stood around waiting for number 3 CM Punk to sloooooowly walk down the ramp and ended up eliminating him trying to simply pull off normal moves because Rumble matches change default grapples into a strikes designed to push the opponent into the ropes so say hello to Kane's patented knife edge chops that everyone else in the game also has in this match. Long story short the ring never went beyond having two people in it as each person got thrown straight out with ease, after eliminating 10 people I could abide no more and just quit.

I then went into exhibition mode and I just can't deal with this dreck. The animations are shocking, no move looks convincing, the majority of wrestler movesets consist of random generic shit so it's like the roster is interchangeable beyond their poorly rendered appearance and finishers. The CPU get fixated on a wooden table and just keep dragging each other into it and doing nothing to follow it up so I have to remove the table from play so they'll actually start fighting again. The collision detection is awful with moves failing to connect properly or other moves being interrupted jarringly mid animation because they get grazed by an irish whipped opponent. I have Taker leap of the turnbuckle and knock Austin off the apron to which he recovers faster than me because my move hit in a way that it can't complete its pre programmed animation therefore counting as me missing, I put him through the announcers table with a stock DDT as your wrestlers moveset goes off limits on top of a table, huzzah for restrictions!
Then I lose the match due to Mankind getting off a rogue mandible claw (where Mister Socko magically appears on his hands after two frames of animation intending to convey him pulling it out) where I should have been able to kick out but forgot how the kickout minigame worked, my bad I guess?
I could go on and on about the games half hearted counter system and overall jank or how DoR2 on the GC looks more visually pleasing, I just don't remember the games being this awful.

I can't take it much longer, I need a good wrestling game, for the love of all that is good and decent they need to jettison this game engine and end this stagnant formula of WWE games, please let this new generation bring back good wrestling games, I fear my enjoyment of the avatar rumble will be hindered because I'll be too busy fuming at the disaster Sun McMahon will be suffering through for our entertainment.

/rant

Vylash

I made a huge mistake earlier, I got the hunger to play a good old wrasslin' game, problem is the only games I have on hand to play without setting up old consoles are PS3 WWE games, so I begrudgingly started up WWE13.
Yeah the rumbles coming up so lets play a rumble, Kane on random entry, lets do this.
So to kick off I end up drawing number 1 and watch the sloppily animated Kane entrance that hasn't been changed for like 4 games, Number 2 is Daniel Bryan looking like he walked out of a PS2 era game and away we go. Before the next person could even enter I'd already eliminated Bryan through a crummy elimination minigame of which the CPU put up zero resistance, I stood around waiting for number 3 CM Punk to sloooooowly walk down the ramp and ended up eliminating him trying to simply pull off normal moves because Rumble matches change default grapples into a strikes designed to push the opponent into the ropes so say hello to Kane's patented knife edge chops that everyone else in the game also has in this match. Long story short the ring never went beyond having two people in it as each person got thrown straight out with ease, after eliminating 10 people I could abide no more and just quit.

I then went into exhibition mode and I just can't deal with this dreck. The animations are shocking, no move looks convincing, the majority of wrestler movesets consist of random generic shit so it's like the roster is interchangeable beyond their poorly rendered appearance and finishers. The CPU get fixated on a wooden table and just keep dragging each other into it and doing nothing to follow it up so I have to remove the table from play so they'll actually start fighting again. The collision detection is awful with moves failing to connect properly or other moves being interrupted jarringly mid animation because they get grazed by an irish whipped opponent. I have Taker leap of the turnbuckle and knock Austin off the apron to which he recovers faster than me because my move hit in a way that it can't complete its pre programmed animation therefore counting as me missing, I put him through the announcers table with a stock DDT as your wrestlers moveset goes off limits on top of a table, huzzah for restrictions!
Then I lose the match due to Mankind getting off a rogue mandible claw (where Mister Socko magically appears on his hands after two frames of animation intending to convey him pulling it out) where I should have been able to kick out but forgot how the kickout minigame worked, my bad I guess?
I could go on and on about the games half hearted counter system and overall jank or how DoR2 on the GC looks more visually pleasing, I just don't remember the games being this awful.

I can't take it much longer, I need a good wrestling game, for the love of all that is good and decent they need to jettison this game engine and end this stagnant formula of WWE games, please let this new generation bring back good wrestling games, I fear my enjoyment of the avatar rumble will be hindered because I'll be too busy fuming at the disaster Sun McMahon will be suffering through for our entertainment.

/rant

Goddammit I'm getting WWE 15 no matter what you people say!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

/rant

Won't be a disaster my dude, I got WWE 2k14 where they have a revamped engine and new animations!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2K doesn't give a shit. WWE games make them money, they'll put in even less effort than THQ did. They'll only give a shit if people stop buying the game which is never going to happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2K doesn't give a shit. WWE games make them money, they'll put in even less effort than THQ did. They'll only give a shit if people stop buying the game which is never going to happen.

Yeah. Besides the one or two sports games 2k actually cares about they release 3-5 each year that are completely awful, low budget don't give a shit sports games done as cheaply as possible.

WWE will probably just slide into this category.

UberTag

Should be Bryan and Punk in a handicap match against HHH, just so Hunner can squash them both.
They could revisit the WrestleMania X match booking.
Substitute Yokozuna with Triple H.

Coin toss to decide who gets to face Triple H first.

If Punk wins the toss, he gets to wrestle Trips first and D.Brine has to fight in a prelim match against Sheamus.
If D.Brine wins the toss, he gets to wrestle Trips first and Punk has to fight in a prelim match against Kane.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah. Besides the one or two sports games 2k actually cares about they release 3-5 each year that are completely awful, low budget don't give a shit sports games done as cheaply as possible.

WWE will probably just slide into this category.

They only have to put effort into one year and then barely tweak for the next ten.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Smackdown spoilers:

Wow, there seems to be a fuck up every week on Smackdown now.

The Police versus The Sheild.

Book that shit.

Holy shit.

I say
comes back with new look, different character

If his twitter is any indication, there's a good chance he'll have a gimmick change.

Rapstah

Smackdown spoilers (light):
Kane says CM Punk has a 0.000000186% chance of winning the Rumble. Kane is apparently bad at maths. Several seagull pops in short succession.

strobogo

Banned
Smackdown spoilers (light):
Kane says CM Punk has a 0.000000186% chance of winning the Rumble. Kane is apparently bad at maths. Several seagull pops in short succession.

This lends more credence to my theory that Big Show is broke because of Kane giving terrible investment advice.

Seeing Wade Barrett's role on SD this week
where he provides running insults at Miz and Brodus during their match
and the fact that Barrett is no longer in the rumble match what are the odds that part way through the rumble Barrett's podium just rises up on the stage and Barrett has little tirades for the next 5 or so entrants before someone beats the hell out of him?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
and the fact that Barrett is no longer in the rumble match what are the odds that part way through the rumble Barrett's podium just rises up on the stage and Barrett has little tirades for the next 5 or so entrants before someone beats the hell out of him?

I certainly hope so.

The only thing that would be better is...

"I have bad news for you, Dixie Carter. Your company only has ten wrestlers left in it, not a single one that would make it in NXT. You've done nothing with your wasted life besides tug on your daddy's apron strings and I am the secret investor in TNA!"

Xater

He's not e even good enough to be jobbed out to one of the big guys. That's why he is not in the rumble.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

This has to happen. I'm cracking up just thinking about it.

Striker

They could revisit the WrestleMania X match booking.
Substitute Yokozuna with Triple H.

Coin toss to decide who gets to face Triple H first.

If Punk wins the toss, he gets to wrestle Trips first and D.Brine has to fight in a prelim match against Sheamus.
If D.Brine wins the toss, he gets to wrestle Trips first and Punk has to fight in a prelim match against Kane.
Daniel Bryan v Randy Orton for the title.

Orton wins in heel fashion and then Triple H music hits. He comes out and hits a Pedigree on Orton and wins immediately. New champ and his music hits to end the show!

Jamie OD

If so I hope Kofi's stunt spot to avoid elimination involves Barrett's podium.

If so I hope Kofi's stunt spot to avoid elimination involves Barrett's podium.

They'll need to give him a mobile podium with wheels in that case, Barrett can drive it around the ring banging his gavel and throwing stuff at the participants.

Kofi will cling on to avoid elimination and Barrett drives erratically trying to shake him off before Kofi successfully hijacks it and returns to the ring in style.

Top Bottom