• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
Yes! Sting confirmed to put Ryder over!

iuTuZym3w2Tl5.gif

Pavaloo

Border Hopping Bullies vs The Real Americans tonight on SmackDown!
featuring El Gordito and the Jumping Bean! Tacos Supremos hold the salsa!

love Colter lol

Ripclawe

Banned
Seeing Wade Barrett's role on SD this week
where he provides running insults at Miz and Brodus during their match
and the fact that Barrett is no longer in the rumble match what are the odds that part way through the rumble Barrett's podium just rises up on the stage and Barrett has little tirades for the next 5 or so entrants before someone beats the hell out of him?

They'll need to give him a mobile podium with wheels in that case, Barrett can drive it around the ring banging his gavel and throwing stuff at the participants.

Kofi will cling on to avoid elimination and Barrett drives erratically trying to shake him off before Kofi successfully hijacks it and returns to the ring in style.

I have been laughing last couple of minutes seeing this imagery in my head.

Sting seems like a fit for the good Raw after Mania surprise. Maybe he gets a teaser video at WM. Or they start hyping him up a little bit sooner in the weeks leading up to it.

I am really curious how WWE handle his reintroduction to the wrestling world since for all purposes he has been off the map for the last 10 years.

Unless WWE acknowledge TNA's existence? I mean it wouldnt hurt this late in the game.

Sheamus is a great wrestler, wtf @ all the haters. I mean yeah sure his character was so bad it made me not want to see him wrestle, but he still put on good matches. He pulled out good-to-great matches with Titus O'Neil, Damien Sandow, fuckin BIG SHOW, etc.

I'm definitely looking forward to Sheamus coming back - it's the character that's the problem, not the wrestler. The same can be said for a lot of WWE guys, though.

Sky Sports showing a condensed version of the 25 greatest rivalries, a brief snippet in the Orton/HHH segment reminded me of that time Orton brought his lawyers to raw in early 2009 and I swear they were all partaking in the slow patented Orton walk during his entrance which was amusing.
Cody Rhodes on the WM25 main event: "The crowd were at a fever pitch to see HHH get his revenge"
Well that's not quite how I remember it Rhodes.

BHZ Mayor

Okay seriously this time. Are there literally NO other women on the roster? This is like the fifth AJ vs Funkadactyls match in a row with Tamina at ringside or tagging.

Sting seems like a fit for the good Raw after Mania surprise. Maybe he gets a teaser video at WM. Or they start hyping him up a little bit sooner in the weeks leading up to it.

I am really curious how WWE handle his reintroduction to the wrestling world since for all purposes he has been off the map for the last 10 years.

Unless WWE acknowledge TNA's existence? I mean it wouldnt hurt this late in the game.

We don't even acknowledge TNA so existance

strobogo

Banned
Sky Sports showing a condensed version of the 25 greatest rivalries, a brief snippet in the Orton/HHH segment reminded me of that time Orton brought his lawyers to raw in early 2009 and I swear they were all partaking in the slow patented Orton walk during his entrance which was amusing.
Cody Rhodes on the WM25 main event: "The crowd were at a fever pitch to see HHH get his revenge"
Well that's not quite how I remember it Rhodes.

Even funnier is that HHH more or less says that much sucked, was booked wrong, and had no chance after Taker/HBK on his DVD.

G-Fex

Okay seriously this time. Are there literally NO other women on the roster? This is like the fifth AJ vs Funkadactyls match in a row with Tamina at ringside or tagging.

There's Aksana

There's Kaitlyn (LOL)
There's Natalya
Alicia Fox who is a heel
Bellas
Eva Marie
Parrot woman

Vylash

There are but AJ's beaten them all, she's tapped out everyone except Alicia Fox and Tamina

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They are not going to acknowledge TNA to bring Sting back. TNA doesn't actually exist.

They should use the WWE Network to bring him back though. Talk about the Monday Night Wars and insert weird ambiguous Sting promos alongside those.

Even funnier is that HHH more or less says that much sucked, was booked wrong, and had no chance after Taker/HBK on his DVD.

Well at least he can admit it, yes lets make the blow off match to this intense heated rivalry a match where DQ causes the title to change hands, booked wrong indeed.
The ending still makes me chuckle, Trips devastating mounted punches to the brink of DQ, a yell of anguish to an unresponsive dead crowd, pedigree, end, YEAH!

I guess i'll let them off a little bit because Taker vs HBK 1 was the real deal so he can get away with throwing a bit of the blame to their superiority, you'd think he would've been more careful about these things after WMX8.

Kaladin

Do you guys think it's safe to share the personal music blog I'm working on here, deep within a community thread? It got nuked by Big E himself on the main OT page.

Some folks here might be interested in my non-wrestling related writing. I just put up my fourth review...and I think the website is where I want it. I'm done tinkering with things.

Do you guys think it's safe to share the personal music blog I'm working on here, deep within a community thread? It got nuked by Big E himself on the main OT page.

Some folks here might be interested in my non-wrestling related writing. I just put up my fourth review...and I think the website is where I want it. I'm done tinkering with things.

You should hire Strobogo, I hear his rates are very reasonable.

UberTag

I've entered bizzaro wrasslegaf
I felt the same way when people were excited for Batista's return. It's like all of those years he was awful fell into some black hole somewhere and people only remember him from the time he turned on Rey to when he retired.

Heck, I don't even remember a decent match from the Brotista era despite his gimmick being entertaining for once. I suppose the Last Man Standing match popped a decent star rating for the duct tape incident but when his best matches were all just jobbing to Cena it's hard to get too excited.

Top Bottom