• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

G-Fex

I'm going to eat your lunch

Is that a good thing? I never played those.
Um...

X8 is....Hilarious and bad.

Day of Reckoning is pretty fun but gets boring quick.
I felt the same way when people were excited for Batista's return. It's like all of those years he was awful fell into some black hole somewhere and people only remember him from the time he turned on Rey to when he retired.

Heck, I don't even remember a decent match from the Brotista era despite his gimmick being entertaining for once.
B-b-but..BAUTISTA..!

Ithil

There's a noticeable, tangible switch when you can see Vince got behind something, in this case the YES chants. Bryan's promo lead up to encouraging as much of the crowd as possible to do the taunt with Bryan (not that encouragement is needed).

Bryan talked in an interview about something the Bellas came up with for Twitter called the Yes Movement, which I suppose is going to be his official fanbase. I think it's all groundwork for Vince wanting a massive YES chant at Wrestlemania 30 for a memorable visual in the Superdome.

strobogo

Banned
I've entered bizzaro wrasslegaf

ibynpfi9cPRKRm.gif

I didn't get that from one of your reviews....

anyway, I've added the site to my profile...should be there now.

Two notes from visiting the blog: I now know your shoot name. In the YouTube vid at the bottom of the page, as the band comes out and gets ready, everyone's hooting and hollering and suddenly, "I uh.. I like your Sirius Radio show!". Legit lolled, had to pause the video to cringe.

Bad News Barret just became more incredible. Coming out and shitting on matches this is some NXT divas season level stuff

Naomi trying to cover AJ was hilarious

Vylash

As far as Kurt Angle's future is concerned, most people backstage in WWE feel he will be returning to the company once his TNA deal expires. It's doubtful, however, that he will be able to pass WWE's company physical, so it's possible Angle could end up as a trainer in NXT.

awww yeah

According to the latest reports, Brock Lesnar's currently planned WrestleMania 30 opponent is The Undertaker. As always, things can change, but Lesnar vs Undertaker is being considered "set in stone" for the PPV.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

G-Fex

ITS KOFI KINGSTON MON

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S O Sヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

UberTag

Set in stone, but things can change. Got it.
Things can always change in Vince's world. The man can unmake stone.
That being said, Big Dave/Orton, Trips/Punk, Taker/Brock, Cena/Bray and D.Brine/Sheamus seem like foregone conclusions as of right now.

We just have to work out angles for Hogan, Warrior and Sting now.
Oh and I suppose one of those 5 matches will have a title of some sort on the line. Probably the first one.

strobogo

Banned
I have an idea for Sting at WM. Sting vs Ric Flair is booked. About 3 weeks before WM, Arn Anderson calls Ric out for being a drunken mess who let his life go to shit and will no longer support him. Ric gets Tully Blanchard to be in his corner at WM. Sting gets Arn. Arn turns on Sting at the start of the match.

I have an idea for Sting at WM. Sting vs Ric Flair is booked. About 3 weeks before WM, Arn Anderson calls Ric out for being a drunken mess who let his life go to shit and will no longer support him. Ric gets Tully Blanchard to be in his corner at WM. Sting gets Arn. Arn turns on Sting at the start of the match.

iblkp2cfWHOLye.gif

Vylash

eWu4i.gif

Ithil

The split is coming in the Shield, I think Ambrose is preparing to be the one that causes it. He's changing his wardrobe already.

I know it won't happen. I know it CAN'T happen. He's a broken down machine. But could you imagine... Hogan returning at the Rumble. I AM A REAL AMERICAN blasts through the arena. I really hope he's involved in some way with Wrestlemania 30. Hosting it, perhaps?

UberTag

Why the hell are they building up Lesner as an unstoppable monster to Job to Taker? That is a waste of a monster heel.
Clearly they're paranoid about the mystique of the match being lost if people don't believe "the streak" is in jeopardy.

Thankfully there's also contradictory booking in place which is why Lesnar is presently getting tossed around like a rag doll by the New Year's Baby.

I know it won't happen. I know it CAN'T happen. He's a broken down machine. But could you imagine... Hogan returning at the Rumble. I AM A REAL AMERICAN blasts through the arena. I really hope he's involved in some way with Wrestlemania 30. Hosting it, perhaps?
Perhaps they'll deliver the ultimate troll... #30 counts down and Hogan's music plays. He enters the arena but then motions to the crowd that it's not him. Then Sting's music plays and he does the same thing. Then Warrior's music plays. Then Jake's. Then Flair's. Then Nash's. Then Jericho's. Everyone in the ring has just stopped wailing on each other and they don't know what to think. Then Daniel Bryan's music plays and he jumps into the ring from behind the announcers and the arena erupts into absolute pandemonium as he starts chucking guys over the top rope.

strobogo

Banned

Hogan vs Warrior: The rubber (tipped walker) match

I bet Jimmy Uso married Naomi just to get that romantic interest angle of her's nixed.

Hogan vs Warrior: The rubber (tipped walker) match

I bet Jimmy Uso married Naomi just to get that romantic interest angle of her's nixed.

Could you just imagine that? Wrestlemania XXX. Hogan vs. Warrior vs. Sting. Warrior/Hogan get back into "fighting" condition, enough for just this match. Okay, well Sting will have to do that, too.

True talk: I haven't seen a Sting match in probably two decades. Wait, I think I might have seen ONE match at a PPV a few months back. Sting looked so lackluster. Has he actually looked GOOD and had any great matches in TNA?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Could you just imagine that? Wrestlemania XXX. Hogan vs. Warrior vs. Sting. Warrior/Hogan get back into "fighting" condition, enough for just this match. Okay, well Sting will have to do that, too.

True talk: I haven't seen a Sting match in probably two decades. Wait, I think I might have seen ONE match at a PPV a few months back. Sting looked so lackluster. Has he actually looked GOOD and had any great matches in TNA?

Has anybody ever watched TNA?

The only reason I even know what Samoa Joe looks like is because of that sad picture people use of him.

Clearly they're paranoid about the mystique of the match being lost if people don't believe "the streak" is in jeopardy.

Thankfully there's also contradictory booking in place which is why Lesnar is presently getting tossed around like a rag doll by the New Year's Baby.

Perhaps they'll deliver the ultimate troll... #30 counts down and Hogan's music plays. He enters the arena but then motions to the crowd that it's not him. Then Sting's music plays and he does the same thing. Then Warrior's music plays. Then Jake's. Then Flair's. Then Nash's. Then Jericho's. Everyone in the ring has just stopped wailing on each other and they don't know what to think. Then Daniel Bryan's music plays and he jumps into the ring from behind the announcers and the arena erupts into absolute pandemonium as he starts chucking guys over the top rope.

Thats the greatest book ever. Naturally, it has no chance.

Toki767

Miz is a face isn't he? It probably doesn't bode well for him that Bad News Barrett is trying to lead the crowd in a chant of "Miz is awful" and the crowd was actually chanting along.

RBH

-Regarding Royal Rumble surprises, there has been talk of
2 Cold Scorpio (ECW tie-in since all of the episodes of the original ECW TV show will be available on the Network at launch) and Jimmy Wang Yang (good buddy of Batista, was at Raw Monday and has been hinting about it on Twitter).
Twenty wrestlers are listed as being entered on WWE.com, so they have plenty of room.

-This should surprise nobody, but WWE will reach out to Richard Sherman about making a possible appearance at WrestleMania. It won't be a wrestling match, just a celebrity appearance. Tons of wrestlers were talking about the promo he cut following the game this past Saturday night.

-WWE is formulating tons of plans for Raw the night the Network launches. They'll push the hell out of the launch all night and it's going to be one of those supershows with all sorts of people being brought back. If Hogan doesn't debut at the Rumble this Sunday (and there are people in the company who think he will), he'll almost certainly debut on Network launch night. There's also been talk of bringing in HBK (pretty much a given, and if they decide to go with HBK vs. Bryan at WrestleMania that would be a great night to shoot the angle), as well as perhaps Kevin Nash and X-Pac.

-For whatever it's worth, the belief within WWE is that Kurt Angle will return to WWE when his TNA deal is up, but it's very unlikely he'll ever be able to pass the company physical. The word is that he'll likely end up as a trainer for NXT.

-Believe it or not, there is talk that Warrior may in fact work one match as part of his new WWE relationship. The word being talked about backstage is Warrior vs. Ryback. We're told the Goldberg talk is pretty much dead at this point as he wanted way more money than they were willing to pay.

-Regarding Sting, the feeling from talking to people is that he's coming in. For real this time.

-One WWE source alerted us Monday, direct quote: "Batista is back, hide your girlfriends."

-Regarding Mania, as of Friday the Undertaker match is set in stone. There will be no Money in the Bank match at Mania this year for people wondering if they were going to axe the "PPV" and move that match to Mania again. Total Divas will be filming during Mania for whatever that's worth (would make a good circular storyline if they almost got axed from the show but then made it on at the last minute). The Network will be broadcasting tons of live feeds throughout the week leading up to the show. There will be a WrestleMania 2015 commercial airing during the show. The company is looking for corporate sponsors who will buy TV time for the show like is done for the Super Bowl.

-Latest is that Roman Reigns may not do his turn until WrestleMania.

-According to a source within Comcast, although the company is NOT happy about WWE moving the PPVs to the Network, right now there is no serious talk of no longer carrying the PPVs via traditional means. DirecTV has threatened to no longer do so, but we'll see how that pans out. If nobody else is going to pull them, while it sets a precedent that UFC and TNA could take advantage of, it'll be tough for DirecTV to put their foot down if their viewers can just switch to Comcast or other cable providers if DirecTV refuses to carry the events.

-It's worth noting that this past Fall, UFC offered a "buy four, get one free" sale for fans who bought the last four PPVs of 2013 on their website. There was not a peep about this in spite of UFC having the same agreements for pricing parity with the cable and satellite companies that WWE has.

-Since WWE can't show their hand with regards to Hulk Hogan's return, the WWE.com story about the 30th anniversary of his first WWF Championship win was an extensive interview with his opponent, The Iron Sheik.

-Someone in WWE asked us to print this regarding indy talent: "While WWE does look at indy guys in L.A., they must also remember that the non-wrestling athletes and models from the agencies in L.A. almost have a better chance at getting an NXT offer. This is actually beyond a proven fact as the most recent hires are Eva and JoJo, and the whole divas camp in L.A. last January was models with no wrestling experience. So if you train and are a worker in L.A., it's highly suggested that you work other states (Texas, Florida, all up and down the East coast) to help build your resume and get noticed as opposed to getting lost in the mix of models."
From the latest issue of Figure Four Weekly

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
From the latest issue of Figure Four Weekly

-Regarding Royal Rumble surprises, there has been talk of
2 Cold Scorpio (ECW tie-in since all of the episodes of the original ECW TV show will be available on the Network at launch) and Jimmy Wang Yang (good buddy of Batista, was at Raw Monday and has been hinting about it on Twitter).
Twenty wrestlers are listed as being entered on WWE.com, so they have plenty of room.

Yeah I'm still waiting on Shelton Benjamin to come back.

Top Bottom