• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

DMczaf

Fucking Peck....

I was honestly hoping for a Marc Mero win after he came in so late. I already had johnny b badd avatar ideas.

tumblr_mjz7f0SrqM1ro8ysbo1_400.gif

I was really disappointed with the picks. They were either fucking indy nerds, or stupid relics from the nineties. You were supposed to be my friends WrassleGAF ;_;

Kazarian and Daniels contracts are coming up in April with TNA. Daniels is supposed to have a pretty good contract, so he might end up leaving also. I'd like to see WWE give him a chance as a low/midcard guy and see how he does. He's most likely too old for WWE at this point though. Kazarian most likely burnt his bridge with WWE when he refused to cut his hair. Looking bad that was a dumbass decision since the guy's bald now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Peck....

I was honestly hoping for a Marc Mero win after he came in so late. I already had johnny b badd avatar ideas.

Yeah a fleet of 40 Johnny B Badds would have been a sight to behold.

0cgxljf.png

Kaladin

Kazarian and Daniels contracts are coming up in April with TNA. Daniels is supposed to have a pretty good contract, so he might end up leaving also. I'd like to see WWE give him a chance as a low/midcard guy and see how he does. He's most likely too old for WWE at this point though. Kazarian most likely burnt his bridge with WWE when he refused to cut his hair. Looking bad that was a dumbass decision since the guy's bald now.

Daniels will probably go back to ROH over WWE. They'll send him straight to the main event just like AJ.

bjork

I ended up on Virgil's twitter...shit is sad.

Yeah, and WWE doesn't need any more old bad dudes. They got Maven and X-PAC waiting in the wings.

They should resurrect the hardcore title, have UT win it, then maven beats him backstage at WM to win the HC title and end the streak.

KissVibes

Banned
They should resurrect the hardcore title, have UT win it, then maven beats him backstage at WM to win the HC title and end the streak.

I'm like 110% sure that at SOME point Maven was totally supposed to face Undertaker at WM. Both of those Rumble had to have been meant for a program of some kind.

So I'd totally love to see Maven fight Taker, no matter what the set up is.

Daniels will probably go back to ROH over WWE. They'll send him straight to the main event just like AJ.

Doesn't ROH pay their top guys like $250-$500 a show? TNA would offer more than that. I'm thinking AJ left as a negotiation tool more than anything else. Maybe Jarrett let him know something about his promotion and told him he would sign him there once it's up and running in a few months. I don't really see AJ being gone from TNA long though. I think he will be back sooner rather than later.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I was really disappointed with the picks. They were either fucking indy nerds, or stupid relics from the nineties. You were supposed to be my friends WrassleGAF ;_;

Hey, Minoru Suzuki can still go man! Although I had to admit, I liked last year's better. The epic Sin Cara vs. Big Shoe confrontation at the end cannot be topped.

strobogo

Banned

Even worse, he cut his hair as soon as he got back to the indies.

DMczaf

I'll be honest, that was the first time in years I've watched a complete WWE Yukes match. It's just as shitty as I remembered. I don't usually hope for people to become unemployed like I was, but that entire company needs to be taken out back and shot.

I'd rather have Miz as the winner of the avatar rumble than 99% of the unknown crap you guys chose. I mean the whole point of the event is to have a winner that would make for fun avatars!

Just had a 3 hour power nap to see me through Rumble tonight.

Also, (yes still going on about Earthquake) seeing Earthquake dominating last night reminded me at how well big men used to be booked in the WWE during the 80s and 90s. Now we rarely see them and if we do they're terrible and never protected.

Also, also, I like that GAF Rumble video someone made, but I didn't make the cut, so I can't put it over too much!

UberTag

I'll be honest, that was the first time in years I've watched a complete WWE Yukes match. It's just as shitty as I remembered. I don't usually hope for people to become unemployed like I was, but that entire company needs to be taken out back and shot.
I'm not buying a single WWE game until they are. It's a real shame that THQ's bankruptcy couldn't trigger a changing of the guard for that awful series.
It's the gaming equivalent of Vince dying and nothing in the WWE changing as a result. Like his ghost was still making creative decisions from beyond the grave.

I think I've finally accepted that WWE games are never going to change. I thought the change to 2K Sports would be the 'excuse' they needed, but no.

strobogo

Banned
The engine is so busted. It's still basically the same engine from the first game. They say they've redone it and Predator tech...blah blah...It's still the same core engine from the original game, which is now 3 generations old.

DMczaf

I think I've finally accepted that WWE games are never going to change. I thought the change to 2K Sports would be the 'excuse' they needed, but no.

If you've played NBA 2k14 next gen, you'll know that it's only going to get worse. This VC currency bullshit will be in WWE 2K starting this year. 2K is benefitting from everyone focusing on hating EA while they are doing some real corrupt shit in their games.

Rapstah

I don't think Chris Hero is in Japan. He could be mo-capping for any trailer and/or any game of any 2K series. He even said he was mo-capping basketball although I know nothing about basketball so if his claim was clearly a joke then I have no idea.

chrishero2xqzz.png

Top Bottom