• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
what a mark

speaking of which, if I can get an av of this, it would be great

mqdefault.jpg

dh1FAEH.png

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
only salvation for pro-wrasslin games is if NJPW gets big enough to get one. maybe Sega can get the license and base it of this:

cv1-All_Japan_Wrestling_Virtua.jpg

When was the last time we've had a licensed puroresu game? Wrestle Kingdom 2? That was some 6-7 years ago. Yuke's also made it although I heard it was better than the WWE games.

FallingEdge:

3h4xv.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yuke's problem isn't themselves, it's their budget. It's been cut, I believe. SvR2007 was a great game with good graphics, and a really good grappling system that seemed like a great evolution. Then, when they switched to the new "WWE" games, their animations got much worse and graphics suffered, as well. Seriously. If you have a 360, go play the demo of SvR2007 that's on there. It was much better.

Rapstah

Meltzer said that Orton is good for ratings. I seriously doubt that. Who gives a shit about this boring guy?

His ordering was basically Cena > Triple H >> Randy Orton and CM Punk >> everyone else. To actually know that you have to look over such a long period of time that one end of the time period works nothing like the other end of it ratings-wise. Big main event segments of Raw that actually happen to work only occur a couple of times every year. Way more often they end up doing what they think is an enormous last segment featuring some combination of those four and there's no indication that those people are why people care in those cases.

strobogo

Banned
Yuke's problem isn't themselves, it's their budget. It's been cut, I believe. SvR2007 was a great game with good graphics, and a really good grappling system that seemed like a great evolution. Then, when they switched to the new "WWE" games, their animations got much worse and graphics suffered, as well. Seriously. If you have a 360, go play the demo of SvR2007 that's on there. It was much better.

For sure. SvR, SvR2006, and SvR2007 are the highlights of the series. Everyone talks about HCTP, but it's the same wonky engine all the other games had, it just had a great roster with it.

only salvation for pro-wrasslin games is if NJPW gets big enough to get one. maybe Sega can get the license and base it of this:

cv1-All_Japan_Wrestling_Virtua.jpg

Firepro wrestling is still the best wrestling series ever. You could create any wrestler ever and the gameplay was the best I ever played. I dumped 100s of hours into that game doing criticals to people, but then continually picking them off the mat and destroying their limp lifeless bodies for much longer before the ref could call the match. Honorable mention goes to Giant Gram 2000 for dreamcast.

Xater

When do the WWE games announced? Usually around Wrestlemania right? I really hope they will have something new built from the ground up for the new consoles.

Rapstah

JR's blog:
Part time superstar and full time badass Brock Lesnar has to get on a roll to monetize his obvious upside so I've got Lesnar beating Big Show. Brock using a fan favorite finisher, the 'F5,' on the near 500 pounder would be impressive. Something tells me that if Lesnar wasn't aligned with the masterful Paul Heyman that the former Golden Gopher would be a MAJOR fan favorite in WWE. What is there to detest? Exactly....Heyman! (That's a compliment by the way.)
I guess JR was a Raw commentator at the 2003 Royal Rumble where all of these things happened or had happened to the Smackdown match between Lesnar and Big Show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#11 means I have no chance! It ain't no "Alex Wright #9"

None of the bars around here are showing Rumble. Blast Areas are down on WWE.com He also has TiVo so I guess we can't order it.

Any other ideas?

I don't want to stream the quality is balls and it always lags. :(

Firepro wrestling is still the best wrestling series ever. You could create any wrestler ever and the gameplay was the best I ever played. I dumped 100s of hours into that game doing criticals to people, but then continually picking them off the mat and destroying their limp lifeless bodies for much longer before the ref could call the match. Honorable mention goes to Giant Gram 2000 for dreamcast.

... You sick bastard

Ok CRITICALS are awesome, especially striking ones cause ANYTHING CAN DERP YOU

Top Bottom