• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
RR14_Photo_101-1

"Cheer me, god damn it!"

DMczaf

People at the show are saying Daniel Bryan chants were going on before the show even started outside the building.

Also, after the show Batista went up to a fan in the crowd to high five/fist bump him and the fan gave him nothing and then Batista flipped him off hahaha.

Hey guys.

What they're doing with Bryan right now? That's exactly how the WWF would have done Austin 3:16 if Hogan was still there. EXACTLY.

Is there where I point out that Austin was mostly in midcard land from King of the Ring '96 to Survivor Series '96 and Bret Hart had to stand up and go to bat for him?

Cena/Orton looked like they put in time because they doing each other's moves clean. I didn't see a botch from neither when they did the finisher.

Also lol @ Orton taking the scenic route to go backstage

Kaladin

With Bryan reacting to the crowd on his official Twitter account, I can almost say for certain that there will be an angle of some kind out of this. It will probably be shit, like Bryan chanting No to try and get the fans to stop chanting Yes, but they're cooking something.

Toki767

I just want to know who Rey pissed off backstage to get put in that #30 spot. I'm sure he knew he was going to get killed by the crowd.

Alucard

Banned
They should've had Wade Barett come out at #30 and mock the crowd, "I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS".

Oh man, that would've been better than what we got.

I feel bad for Rey, though. The crowd wasn't really booing him...they were booing the fact that Rey wasn't Bryan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Liked the las suggestion of shemaus coming out at 30 after beating Bryan up and asking his spot

Sheamus is way better as a heel. I think he's one of their best heels honestly. It'd be a great feud for Bryan since they've got a lot of history and put on great matches.

They will push Sheamus as the face.

Bryan's odds went from +600 (in the morning/yesterday) to -170 (around midday) to +500 (right before the show). I wonder what happened throughout the day to cause so much shift. Batista was an underdog at around +190 for most of the day before the event until he shot up to -450 or so. So something changed, gambling books don't just shift odds for fun.

Alucard

Banned
Bryan's odds went from +600 (in the morning/yesterday) to -170 (around midday) to +500 (right before the show). I wonder what happened throughout the day to cause so much shift. Batista was an underdog at around +190 for most of the day before the event until he shot up to -450 or so. So something changed, gambling books don't just shift odds for fun.

Batista politicking?

Ithil

It's funny how you could hear the crowd started to get antsy after about No.25 came out and there was no sign of Bryan, they started to worry he wasn't going to be in it. Then 30 came as the last chance, and nope, it's Rey, that was it, the crowd just blew a gasket.

This was like CMLL's 80th Anniversary a few months ago.

Alucard

Banned
LOL. The man in most of your avatars had the following to say on twitter about this:

Brutal Bob Evans ‏@brutalbobevans 8s

Hard to feel TOO bad for a guy who is super talented, has everyone pulling for him, a hot fiancée, and makes a million dollars a year.

This weekend was dreadful.

First I had to endure the Twin Snakes after finally getting a cheap GC.

Then I have to wear this tool as my avatar for a month.

Then I draw Kevin Fucking Nash for the rumble, not to mention the entire show being pretty average.

5K1oiND.gif

Know what I just realized?

December 18, 2011.

That was when Bryan cashed in MITB, won the World title, and had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hands.

Those cheers, those chants? Nonstop since. And he was just as close to being WWE champ, just as close to being the face of the company, then as he is now.

Fuck it. I won't be foolish enough to say I'm done with this company. But I am done with my expectations for this company. They have had a guy literally get one of the two top reactions on their shows weekly for over 2 years and a month now, and have still done jack shit with it that wasn't precluded with their real top guy getting injured for a month. Why the fuck should I think they've suddenly changed because of one crowd's reactions tonight?

LOL. The man in most of your avatars had the following to say on twitter about this:

Hard to feel TOO bad for a guy who is super talented, has everyone pulling for him, a hot fiancée, and makes a million dollars a year.

Weak ass argument, It's his character that's getting shit on. I'm sure he's doing VERY well, he himself isn't suffering, WE ARE SUFFERING.

I'm suffering atleast.

UberTag

Fuck it. I won't be foolish enough to say I'm done with this company. But I am done with my expectations for this company. They have had a guy literally get one of the two top reactions on their shows weekly for over 2 years and a month now, and have still done jack shit with it that wasn't precluded with their real top guy getting injured for a month. Why the fuck should I think they've suddenly changed because of one crowd's reactions tonight?
Congratulations. You have finally opened your eyes to the truth. Good for you.
Now you can finally face your WWE addiction head on.
WrassleGAF will be here to support you in your struggle to abolish this weekly ritual from stealing your time away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Don't nobody care what low rent Larry Sweeney thinks.

Alucard

Banned
Congratulations. You have finally opened your eyes to the truth. Good for you.
Now you can finally face your WWE addiction head on.
WrassleGAF will be here to support you in your struggle to abolish this weekly ritual from stealing your time away.

PVR makes it more bearable.

Ithil

What do they think the final image of WM 30 is going to look like? A pissed off 75k crowd booing Batista's big win over Orton after shitting on the match?

I think Bryan raising both titles with a 75k YES chant would have been a preferable image.

Know what I just realized?

December 18, 2011.

That was when Bryan cashed in MITB, won the World title, and had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hands.

Those cheers, those chants? Nonstop since. And he was just as close to being WWE champ, just as close to being the face of the company, then as he is now.

ibkaToCCGXEmZu.jpg

In some alternate universe that popped into existence on that night, the WWE is now a company with lots of young stars doing their thing, and it's a whole lotta fun.

Alucard

Banned
WWE probably thinks they've got us right where they want us as fans.

"Look how pissed off they are! They're gonna love it when Bryan finally wins the title!...What's that? Warrior's on the line? He wants to main event Summerslam? Okay, we'll push back Bryan's big win a couple of more months. It's gonna happen soon! We swear!"

Was it odd to see cody and Dustin come out to their individual themes?

Also gotta gif Cody's expression when Kofi came back

E: Damn you bean I was talking about Kaitlyn

Top Bottom