• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

ibkaToCCGXEmZu.jpg

In some alternate universe that popped into existence on that night, the WWE is now a company with lots of young stars doing their thing, and it's a whole lotta fun.

Man. Look at that photo.

By the time Mania hits, it'll be 2 years and 3 months since, and the closest people to a world title will be Bryan (who's likely facing Sheamus) and Punk (who's likely facing HHH). And the sad thing is how we got to this point is really none of the photographed's fault, save for the always-talking Ryder. Shit, none of them will even be holding belts going in, and one of them's already out of the company.

Heel

Bryan's odds went from +600 (in the morning/yesterday) to -170 (around midday) to +500 (right before the show). I wonder what happened throughout the day to cause so much shift. Batista was an underdog at around +190 for most of the day before the event until he shot up to -450 or so. So something changed, gambling books don't just shift odds for fun.

Betting lines shift when bets come in to ensure that by the time the betting closes the house will make money, no matter what the outcome may be. They make money by making sure the betting is balanced and getting the juice from all total bets made, not on secret insider knowledge of knowing who will win or hoping they guess right.

Late money must have come in on Batista, probably due to the flow of the rumor mill (or if you want to wear a tin hat, creative got their bets in once Vince made up his mind on the finish lol).

What do they think the final image of WM 30 is going to look like? A pissed off 75k crowd booing Batista's big win over Orton after shitting on the match?

I think Bryan raising both titles with a 75k YES chant would have been a preferable image.

Vince never even considered Batista might be booed tonight

The only way I could see out of this is such:

-Have Batista turn. Go off on the crowd for shitting all over his Rumble win. Talk shit about Bryan.

-Bryan wins title at EC inside a chamber match.

-Bryan conquers the "star" heel Batista at WM. 75k chant Yes to end the show.

Now, none of that will ever come close to happening, but it is a potential avenue out of this damn mess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they actually hold back and use it at the right time, they could have Ziggler popular again just by returning.

Then again, they purposely killed him off when he was popular so who knows.

NJPW?

I was thinking more like MLB.

Anyone want to join me and embark on an adventure in a new GAF community, with new friends, new enemies, and no Strobogo?

How about this A-Rod guy, eh?

charsace

Bryan is gonna be the new Kane. A guy that constantly gets over, but the WWE derails him for some reason. If there was a WCW to go up against and Shane was still around I think Bryan would have been pushed. Cena is a transitional guy like Michaels, except they pushed him to the moon.

Just turn him heel and all would make sense. But no things won't make any sense with them, THEY WANT DOLLARS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously nothings gonna happen on Raw, especially coming from the town that spawned The Miz.

Wait... what are they going to do for Elimination Chamber then?

I guess Brock is in the EC match? That would be weird.

Unless the EC match isnt for the WWE title.......

Turn the clocks back in 1994, Vince called the audible of giving Bret the Rumble win with Luger solely based on the reaction he got. Vince took a chance with the guy and yeah business wasn't at all great but c'mon it was Bret.

Now look at today where you have no competition and basically gives you the free will to do anything you want.

This entire thing is just depressing to a whole nother level even though we joke all the time here.

Suggested at the LAW tonight but, Batista. Bryan. For the title shot.

This is the audible Vince has to do and we know he won't.

Would be pretty easy to set up. Say Triple H made sure he never had a chance and to help out his old pal Dave. Maybe even have Vince step in on Bryans behalf to get the ball rolling and maybe tease some Vince / HHH action.

But that wont happen. Bryan is ether stuck in tag match with Cena or is doing another go nowhere feud with Shemaus.

I forget. What was the story reason for the 3 way between HHH, HBK and """""" at Wrestlemania XX? How did they shoehorn HBK in there?

G-Fex

Bionic Arrrrmmm you hated MGS: THE TWIN SNAKES? :(

NJPW?

I was thinking more like MLB.

Anyone want to join me and embark on an adventure in a new GAF community, with new friends, new enemies, and no Strobogo?

How about this A-Rod guy, eh?

I would love to go back to MLB-GAF.

Let's go bean breath.

We'll trash talk the dodgers and the yankees. Then we'll laugh at Miami and Texas.

Then we can swing by NFL-Gaf and taunt the Cleveland Browns

Bryan should feud with El Torito. They're both about the same size.

#VanillaMidgets
Torito was dressed in all white, so he actually WAS a vanilla midget.
#Wrestling

I wish I could run up on some random job interview, give the applicant a stunner, put my name on the dotted line instead, and we both end up with the job as hilarity ensues.

I should do that to you next time you sign onto your GAF account.

"SCOOTY PUFF JR. RULES"
"CLINT EASTWOOD WAS A BITCH"
"CENA IS AS BRILLIANT AS HE IS AWFUL!"

ghostmind

cornette.jpg

Screw it, I'm ready to see what NJPW is all about. I'm ready for a new beginning, who's with me?

8QRzZwz.png

The February PPVs are a great time to start with NJPW, as they'll start setting up the groundwork for matches through 2014.

If you want a head-start though, check out Wrestle Kingdom 8, the entirety of which can be found on Youtube currently.

I should do that to you next time you sign onto your GAF account.

"SCOOTY PUFF JR. RULES"
"CLINT EASTWOOD WAS A BITCH"
"CENA IS AS BRILLIANT AS HE IS AWFUL!"

First of all....so amazingly random.

Secondly, this is why cool kids just stay logged in all the time. Snakes like you keep me sharp *snap*, on the edge *snap*, where I gotta be. /Pacino

Alright let's talk wasted Rumblers.

Both Usos
Miz
JBL
Mysterio (fucking 30, you kiddin me)

Anyone else?

Rusev looked phenomenal in the Rumble. I wasn't super impressed with him on NXT but to be honest I hadn't been paying attention too much. Now I am.
Most people forgot that R-Truth was in the Rumble for like 10 seconds. Woods wasn't even in it at all, yet i think was gonna be. Nash must've signed up late
It even goes down to the Koslov over Zayn shit. What am I supposed to do as a person who wants to support my favourite wrestlers like Bryan, Cesaro, Punk, Zayn, Breeze, and Enzo/Cass? I can't just stop watching the product, right? This whole thing just leaves me feeling like shit.
tbf Zayn/Enzo are injured and Breeze wouldn't have looked as good debuting in this setting. preferably you wouldn't debut a guy like this but if for some reason they had to (they didn't) Rusev isn't a bad choice because he can look good easily by just dominating dudes with MUAY THAI kicks
Is Torito still dating Renee badinterviewer?
you son of a bitch i'll kill you
Shut your fucking mouth about my angel
hey i saw her first
They should've had Wade Barett come out at #30 and mock the crowd, "I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS".
If this happened i think there'd be not a drop of salt coming from me

Seriously I'll buy into this product ten times more, if Batista turns heel. He is treasure trove of heat right now in a time where there aren't many heels. You can't spin this any longer, Dave Batista is the most hated wrestler in the world right now. Be blunt about it and capitalize it and that's money right there or what's left of it.

UberTag

Is Torito still dating Renee badinterviewer?
Nobody seems to be biting on your new Renee-bashing gimmick.
I'd suggest seeking out actual examples of her blundering/no-selling an interview but citing examples of actual match botches hasn't been helping Frankman's D.Brine-bashing gimmick any.

How about starting up a mock Twitter account for Renee that people get fooled into believing is real and have her say something outrageous and profane? That's an angle you could work.

Surprised so many people came away from it hating it. Bray vs Bryan was enough to elevate any PPV to top tier status, that match was magnificent.

Imagine it wasn't Batista but The Rock or Chris Jericho who returned and won the Rumble. Would you still feel so giddy?

So pavaloo, mechashiva and beanman25 are the winners? Choose your prizes!

PM me your Steam details and which game you'd like.

Top Bottom