• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Bionic Arrrrmmm you hated MGS: THE TWIN SNAKES? :(

I would love to go back to MLB-GAF.

Let's go bean breath.

We'll trash talk the dodgers and the yankees. Then we'll laugh at Miami and Texas.

Then we can swing by NFL-Gaf and taunt the Cleveland Browns

It's not that simple, I have to do a lot of research. I have to go and read the entire Wikipedia entry for baseball, watch Ken Burns' Baseball, and find out what WHIP stands for.

Then I have to pick a team and liveblog all 162 games in the thread.

Plus unlike WWE, I might have to actually spend money.

Jamie OD

If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment the WWE Universe's heart breaks in two.

LoveHeartbreak.gif

G-Fex

It's not that simple, I have to do a lot of research. I have to go and read the entire Wikipedia entry for baseball, watch Ken Burns' Baseball, and find out what WHIP stands for.

Then I have to pick a team and liveblog all 162 games in the thread.

Plus unlike WWE, I might have to actually spend money.

I love Kens Burns baseball. Wiki won't do it alone, I've got the book for casual fans, actually TWO Books.

I'll need to pick a new team and stuff. Oh and it's off-season.

Least there's no smarks in baseball!

I have a question does anyone remember the last tv match Daniel Bryan won? It has been awhile and I know he has not won a televised match this year whether it be a tag or singles match. It is kinda funny his popularity maybe is masking that he is on pretty decent losing streak.

Edit: found the answer he has not won a match since December 30th Raw..

bjork

Having some kind of weird pain in my side that may require a doctor's visit soon, but I wanted to sleep on it first and see if it went away. It didn't.

So it's 2:42 am and I just woke up about 15 minutes ago, got done reading the RR report. Sounds like a bad show aside from the Bryan match. Why are they putting the tag belts on NAO? Why is Batista, the only guy I didn't want to win, the winner? How much money do they save by having JBL take a rumble spot instead of giving someone else that 20 seconds or whatever?

I'm just feuding with you serpentine don't break kayfabe.

I liked it too, I think the new guy is pretty alright
my post was perfectly grounded within kayfabe until YOU just had to break the fourth wall like you some kinda CM Punk wannabe type shooter. i might as well just call you KOG from now on because apparently there are no rules anymore

Xater

Just gonna say it in here as well that I loved the Pittsburgh crowd because they again sabotaged the show. They were having none of Vince's bullshit.

yo wait, after WM, the top two tag teams are gonna be split, presumably. And there's nobody in NXT to fill the void. They gotta bring back Evan Bourne, stat. or belt the Wyatts cuz they're 4th/5th best (level with Usos). I understand they wouldn't wanna champion the racists, no matter how good they are
you dirty bas-

I mean..ahem. Renee is snidely and deserves to be treated badly.
CJItRGb.gif

Toki767

yo wait, after WM, the top two tag teams are gonna be split, presumably. And there's nobody in NXT to fill the void. They gotta bring back Evan Bourne, stat. or belt the Wyatts cuz they're 4th/5th best (level with Usos). I understand they wouldn't wanna champion the racists, no matter how good they are

They're going to bring up the Ascension. Cause that's what Vince thinks we all want. More muscular big men.

Xater

Just saw the Foley tweets and his Facebook post. I still love you Foley. I no longer what to see you anywhere near a ring but I can listen to you all day.

They're going to bring up the Ascension. Cause that's what Vince thinks we all want. More muscular big men.
I wouldn't mind more muscular big men, so long as they don't suck. The Ascension fucking suck. moreover, bringing them up would leave literally no tag teams in NXT.

Xater

I don't even get this obsession. Well I do, because it's all Vince. In this age where MMA is a big thing, and people know who the guys are that can legit fuck you up, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PUSH PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BIG?

PS: Great rant on this on the Bryan and Vinny show.

Evolution...still running things after all this time. Flair knew what was up.

Edit: Side-note: is there any reason they're not bringing back the Undisputed title? Are they really gonna have every champ from now on walk around with two belts?

Xater

I think he was drunk and not even in Kayfabe.

Seriously the only good thing to take out of this Rumble is that everyone from the Shield looked great. Everyone of them can be a star, well maybe if Vince gets over his fucking big muscle obsession.

bjork

Edit: Side-note: is there any reason they're not bringing back the Undisputed title? Are they really gonna have every champ from now on walk around with two belts?

Leaves the door open for a triple threat where two guys pin the champ simultaneously, then they split them back up again.

I think you guys should just get onboard the Roman Reigns train. It's clear that's what the company wants and he's not tired yet despite the overt booking.

It's Vince's world, we just watch it.

Watched the show last night, it was pretty average. I might go back and rewatch the Cena/Orton match. I kind of tuned out but apparently the crowd reaction was vile.

And all of the predictions seem to be coming to pass (Orton/Batista, Rhodes/Goldust, Cena/Wyatt, Reigns/Shield and Bryan the odd man out).

RBH

New Knockouts for TNA:

Sal Hamaoui of Shine Wrestling/WWNLive has confirmed on Facebook that Santana Garrett has signed a TNA contract. She appeared on the Knockouts Knockdown PPV as well as an episode of NXT, and formerly made appearances in TNA as the female valet for Orlando Jordan. In addition to Shine, she was also a regular in SHIMMER and WSU, and appeared on AIW's Girls Night Out shows.

In addition, Shanna will be on the UK tour. She came second in last year's Gut Check poll, so I presume TNA will look at her here, and may offer her a contract if they're impressed. She wrestles in the States fairly often for WSU and CZW.
santana-garrett.jpg

1453369_10151709562870766_1340424524_n.jpg

Recall

Almost done watching through the Royal Rumble. Quite a hell of a chore so far.

Bryan Danielson match was the highlight. Lesnar vs. Show was a waste. Cena vs. Orton had a shitty finish because Cena can't be having a clean finish when he loses and Rumble itself was just a bore.

Hasney

When this RR hits DVD or the Network, the crowd is going to be sooooo edited.

I'll upload an edited rip to torrent sites with the Daniel Bryan chants replaced to Chris Benoit chants.

Then have the Star Wars style edit with the ghost of Benoit nodding while looking at Batista.

sajj316

Are there no twitter campaigns .. anything to reject this absolute lack of respect to its fanbase? You can absolutely vote with your wallet.

#NoBeardNoNetwork

G-Fex

you know watching the new legacy inc Royal Rumble made me realize something about loving the WWE. What if they act the way they do and do the things they do and we purposely are supposed to hate them and stuff but that's also how we're supposed to like them. From Maggle to BAD NEWS. We eat it up .

i'm more than half dead asleep btw.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Theory about the direction of all this:

Welcome to the new kayfabe, where external decisions that look like corporate favoritism, politics, and other "smart" aspects of THIS BUSINESS suddenly go meta. With the internet, the only way that WWE can work fans anymore is to, in a sense, work themselves. Put everything fans criticize them for up into angles that could represent the new realities of "sports entertainment" and watch the confusion create chatter.

Or, yep, we're all just observers to the obsessive insanity of an old man and his out of touch son-in-law.

Kaladin

Theory about the direction of all this:

Welcome to the new kayfabe, where external decisions that look like corporate favoritism, politics, and other "smart" aspects of THIS BUSINESS suddenly go meta. With the internet, the only way that WWE can work fans anymore is to, in a sense, work themselves. Put everything fans criticize them for up into angles that could represent the new realities of "sports entertainment" and watch the confusion create chatter.

Or, yep, we're all just observers to the obsessive insanity of an old man and his out of touch son-in-law.

Guys, this is WWE.

sajj316

you know watching the new legacy inc Royal Rumble made me realize something about loving the WWE. What if they act the way they do and do the things they do and we purposely are supposed to hate them and stuff but that's also how we're supposed to like them. From Maggle to BAD NEWS. We eat it up .

i'm more than half dead asleep btw.

There is difference between "hate" of a character or group in this business versus "hate" when it comes to the business itself. I can "hate" a character so much that I want to pay a ticket for the top face to win. Or I can "love" those that I'm supposed to "hate" so much that I'll buy a ticket to watch them get booed out of the building and love it.

This is hating on the business and what it has become. Things are a bit more transparent now and it's evident from a storyline perspective as well the bits and pieces that are revealed through subliminal tweets and comments from those that are no longer associated with the WWE (JR and Foley). I like certain parts of the business but others have been sullied/tarnished by those that know "whats best for business". This is the business that put the Tag Team titles on semi-retired wrestlers. This is the business that put part-timers in main events for short term draw power, sacrificing long-term viability of its current/upcoming stars. This is the business that has turned the concept of the "Kliq" and made it a corporate cornerstone.

bjork

I'm all for HHH pushing Batista to the title if it's a swerve and Batista is made to job to Diesel at Backlash or something.

Top Bottom