• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

UberTag

how much raiders fanfiction have you written?
It's not like the Raiders are going to win a Super Bowl anywhere else BUT fanfiction.

If Orton vs Batista does happen for Mania I wonder what they'll do to try and create excitement for the match. Austin as Special Referee?
Regardless, the crowd's going to shit on it. Probably not Lesnar vs Goldberg levels but it will be shat on.
Because Austin as special referee worked wonders the last time the crowd shat on a Mania match, didn't it?
At least that match wasn't for the supposed biggest prize in the company.

Heel

So it's exactly what we all thought. Vince is in "Fuck these fans, this is my company damn it!" mode.

Yes, Vince McMahon is going to ask a 5 foot something man that looks like he should be selling hemp necklaces in Berkeley to headline and promote the biggest event in the sport, which is being used as the launching pad for a risky new digital business model for a billion dollar, publicly-traded company. Well...maybe if he combs his hair and braids his beard?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan wouldn't be having these issues if he was 6'8"

kirblar

Yes, Vince McMahon is going to ask a 5 foot something man that looks like he should be selling hemp necklaces in Berkeley to headline and promote the biggest event in the sport, which is being used as the launching pad for a risky new digital business model for a billion dollar, publicly-traded company. Well...maybe if he combs his hair and braids his beard?
One thing that Vince has never understood is that size differences aren't as obvious on TV as they are in real life. The motion/interaction disguises a lot. You can tell a guys smaller, but unless he's Rey-size it's usually not that big a deal. And when you bloat your roster up with giganto guys, it creates the "if everyone's special, nobody is" problem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was kidding, I like Daniel Bryan. He's fun to watch.

UberTag

Punk and Miz both look like they just don't care about keeping up appearances anymore.
If AJ and Maryse are going to stay with them no matter what they look like...
And they're not going to get pushed no matter what they look like...
Then why shouldn't they be comfortable? They have no incentive NOT to let themselves go.

Yea listing to his AOW. Said it was him/ double J and Dave Lagana
What's Lagana up to these days?

If AJ and Maryse are going to stay with them no matter what they look like...
And they're not going to get pushed no matter what they look like...
Then why shouldn't they be comfortable? They have no incentive NOT to let themselves go.

What's Lagana up to these days?

He is on TNA creative

Striker

No, because that storyline fucking sucks if the guy doesn't return for the big payoff match against the new champion. Just ask Dixie lol. They ruined the angle by rushing the aftermath and inserting Nash and Hunter into it, but that has nothing to do with him not actually leaving.
That angle died the moment he came back a week later. Well before Nash arrived at SummerSlam.

strobogo

Banned
Why haven't there been any new Sad Ryder shops? He should have been shopped into the avatar Rumble right behind Alex Wright dancing. And next to the fans where Kofi was at during the real Rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why haven't there been any new Sad Ryder shops? He should have been shopped into the avatar Rumble right behind Alex Wright dancing. And next to the fans where Kofi was at during the real Rumble.

Reality is more chilling than any photoshop. That pajamas tweet was so fucking sad.

That actual image of him standing beside the ref at the otherwise-empty fan entrance is sadder than any Photoshop.

KissVibes

Banned
How much is someone like Ryder or JTG getting paid? Has to be 100K+ or so, right?

Ryder was 80k base + merch percentage because he sold so fucking much of it. Now, they don't give him new merch so they can pay him less.

JTG was like 65k base?

*Also you got PPV and TV bonuses.

**More if they put a belt on you.

RBH

Monday's WWE Raw television show averaged 4.718 million viewers, according to Zap2It.com. Viewership was down from the 4.869 million average from last week.

The first hour of Monday's Raw averaged 4.849 million viewers.

Hour two drew 4.837 million viewers.

The final hour of the show averaged 4.470 million viewers.

Last week's show scored the big 5.249 million first-hour viewership total.

Mahonay

Banned
WWE Viewership for 1/28:

hour 1: 4.849
hour 2: 4.837
hour 3: 4.470

Avg: 4.719

The usual 3rd hour drop not as bad as last week but with Raw 3 hours is too long to keep viewers attached on the 3rd hour. They leave and then come back for the closing angle.

I was trying to catch up on the show last night after I got home from work. Definitely fell asleep during the third hour.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Just like the WWE, I would rather not acknowledge Zack Ryder.

strobogo

Banned
I was trying to catch up on the show last night after I got home from work. Definitely fell asleep during the third hour.

They should start treating Raw like The Main Event and have the actual main event be on at the end of the second hour. 3rd hour is going to drop regardless, so you might as well try to get a bigger second hour rating.

Showaddy

WM Season.

No no no it's the return of Hollywood superstar Batsita that's done it...

vince.png

Rapstah

This is weird:
-- Michael writes: This could mean absolutely nothing but I did some freeze framing for the Elimination Chamber graphic that aired a few times during Raw, promoting the Tag Team Main Event and I noticed that they were using Superstars in the graphic. Now although in that graphic, eight guys instead of six are flashing on the screen, I think it's noteworthy that four of the already confirmed guys (Orton, Bryan, Cena and the returning Sheamus) are among those eight. That leaves the other four - Ryback, Big Show, Bad News Barrett (?) and Batista. Although two of those names seem to be unlikely, is it possible that Batista puts his Title Shot on the line with hopes of walking into WrestleMania as champion by going entering the chamber? And is it, AT ALL possible that Vince loves BNB so much that he thinks he worthy of being put in the Chamber (remember, Barrett was announced as an official Rumble participant but did not appear)?

-- For whatever it's worth, from talking to people in WWE, that doesn't appear to be the line-up. Would be shocked to see Ryback and Barrett both in there. It's looking likely that the real line-up will be
Orton, Bryan, Cena, Batista (I guess putting his title shot on the line?), Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus
From Figure Four. Obviously this wasn't going to be the match at any point.

Top Bottom