• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Verendus

Banned
So we're getting Lesnar vs. Big Show at Royal Rumble most likely? This isn't 2003. Why not just do Henry vs. Lesnar instead of having him steamroll Henry a week ago or whatever.

Was great seeing Jake back.

Sokantish

I'm actually more excited about WWE announcement tomorrow. Guess that makes me a mark but I actually believe that service is going to work properly. PlayStation Now, I'll believe it when I see it working on my crap DSL line.

So the announcement is going to be the WWE Network?

Verendus

Banned
Remember that time when Lesnar and Big Show had a match and then Lesnar was in the Royal Rumble later on that same night? Good times...

DMczaf

The Big Constant.

tumblr_myxokvrrWV1sa3m16o1_400.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Mark Henry's theme is 'somebody gonna get they ass kicked'. How can 'somebody' be Mark Henry? It's his theme therefore he is referring to someone else. I wasn't going to poke holes in this plot before, but I'm just saying there are some plot holes emerging in my eyes. The plot is being lost.

gurudyne

So we're getting Lesnar vs. Big Show at Royal Rumble most likely? This isn't 2003. Why not just do Henry vs. Lesnar instead of having him steamroll Henry a week ago or whatever.

I originally thought they wanted Henry vs Lesnar, but then reneged. Logic went they didn't want Henry working with such a stiff striker since he's so injury prone and they wanted to keep him active on the roster. But then they intentionally sidelined him with the "broken arm", so no idea. All I can think is they played up that it's a minor injury ("hairline break" and "dislocated shoulder") so he'll still be able to have a Mania match if need be, with odds to overcome as well.

Jamie OD

So the announcement is going to be the WWE Network?

Yes, it was confirmed on a schedule that either WWE or the event promoters put out today.

Mark Henry's theme is 'somebody gonna get they ass kicked'. How can 'somebody' be Mark Henry? It's his theme therefore he is referring to someone else. I wasn't going to poke holes in this plot before, but I'm just saying there are some plot holes emerging in my eyes. The plot is being lost.

It's supposed to mean somebody is about to get their ass kicked by Mark Henry. Doesn't matter who.

Verendus

Banned
I hope Henry isn't genuinely injured.

It would be pretty cool if he returned at the Royal Rumble (can enter the match and maybe cost Lesnar somehow, providing Lesnar is in the match which I hope he is). In February, we can then get an Elimination Chamber match consisting of Lesnar, Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry.

Batista's absent because he needs to win the Royal Rumble.

It's supposed to mean somebody is about to get their ass kicked by Mark Henry. Doesn't matter who.
Exactly. How they gonna bitch out Mark Henry like that? He comes out and Lesnar kicks his ass. Henry does the ass kicking. That's his purpose. This is bullshit of the highest magnitude.

Also, Del Rio is gonna be squashed in 5 minutes by Batista at Elimination Chamber. Warm up for Lesnar.

Pavaloo

I was honestly thinking Big E would run out after Henry got laid out, was so hyped, then well you know who showed up.

It would be sweet if Brock and Show broke the ring again, might as well make it interesting.

jmdajr

I was honestly thinking Big E would run out after Henry got laid out, was so hyped, then well you know who showed up.

It would be sweet if Brock and Show broke the ring again, might as well make it interesting.

He's going to be feuding with Rybotch

Aiii

So not worth it
Lesnar needs a big win going into Mania, of course they're not gonna give that spot to Big E, who they are actively protecting. He's the first IC champion in years that doesn't lose his non-title matches.

jred2k

I don't think Brock and Bautista can have a good match.

Oh I think a program between two part-timers is even dumber than what they're currently doing. The least they could do is put them in to programs with people they haven't tried pushing for years to no reaction. Lesnar/Big E isn't going to sell any less PPVs than Lesnar/Big Show, but at least the second option creates the possibility of helping a younger guy become a star.

somedevil

First Raw Viewership of the New Year:

hour 1: 4.723
hour 2: 4.427
hour 3: 4.463

Avg: 4.538

They lost viewers after the first due to the game that did 25 million viewers but the 3rd hour actually went up. They also did better then the Rock return last year. Go figure.

Penguin

First Raw Viewership of the New Year:

hour 1: 4.723
hour 2: 4.427
hour 3: 4.463

Avg: 4.538

They lost viewers after the first due to the game that did 25 million viewers but the 3rd hour actually went up. They also did better then the Rock return last year. Go figure.

People wanted to see Punk?

Or maybe the threat of no more Orton on the show got folks to tune in!

Oh I think a program between two part-timers is even dumber than what they're currently doing. The least they could do is put them in to programs with people they haven't tried pushing for years to no reaction. Lesnar/Big E isn't going to sell any less PPVs than Lesnar/Big Show, but at least the second option creates the possibility of helping a younger guy become a star.
Vince does not care about creating new stars. Big E is just another generic Big Man they will push that will go through the Ig Show cycle. They are goingto run on the vestiges of yonder for Wrestlemania. They will run these legends into the grave until Vince has blood on his hands. WM will never be used to elevate new stars. John Cena feeds them and that's all they need.

Rapstah

Ryback was ten times as good as I expected him to be on commentary, making him okay on commentary.

Edit: Also, I swear they hinted at both Brock beating up Flair and Brock and Big E having a fight on this Raw and neither happened.

jmdajr

thoughts on GAIKAKAKAK...

All digital games you own and ps+ titles should be able to play for free....anywhere on any compatible device.

Rent ANY game for x amount of dollars a week. PS+ discount

Subscription gives you x amount of rentals of ANY GAME per month and you can stack em somehow if unused. PS+ discount as well.

If you want a game permanently you have to buy it on PSN, or be under PS+ subscription.

Just can't see infinite library being a choice.

Kaladin

So guys.

I've got an idea.

When the network launches with all of the back catalogue of Raw and Smackdown, do we want to organize a group re-watch year by year? We can set aside a specific time to go through the episodes and do it like we're watch Raw live each week here, or we can just have a week where we discuss certain episodes or whatever.

What do you guys think?

jmdajr

So guys.

I've got an idea.

When the network launches with all of the back catalogue of Raw and Smackdown, do we want to organize a group re-watch year by year? We can set aside a specific time to go through the episodes and do it like we're watch Raw live each week here, or we can just have a week where we discuss certain episodes or whatever.

What do you guys think?

No idea if I have time but.. SURE!

Aiii

So not worth it
So guys.

I've got an idea.

What do you guys think?

I'm in, provided I get access to it.

UberTag

Lesnar needs a big win going into Mania, of course they're not gonna give that spot to Big E, who they are actively protecting. He's the first IC champion in years that doesn't lose his non-title matches.
The last mid-card champ that was booked this strongly was Bobby Lashley.

Verendus

Banned
Any rumours on how this WWE Network will handle old PPVs? As in, will they keep the original music, not mess with commentary, not edit wrestlers or spots or chants, and stop blurring WWF?

I haven't watched wrestling regularly for years and am only watching for Batista's return right now, but I'd be pay for WWE Network if they did it properly.

thoughts on GAIKAKAKAK...

All digital games you own and ps+ titles should be able to play for free....anywhere on any compatible device.

Rent ANY game for x amount of dollars a week. PS+ discount

Subscription gives you x amount of rentals of ANY GAME per month and you can stack em somehow if unused. PS+ discount as well.

If you want a game permanently you have to buy it on PSN, or be under PS+ subscription.

Just can't see infinite library being a choice.
I'm out of the loop, is there multiplayer support?

jmdajr

I'm out of the loop, is there multiplayer support?

Beats me but seems so. That's all just a bunch of guesses on my part. Here is the official press...

n addition to PlayStation platforms, most 2014 U.S. models of Sony's BRAVIA® TV*2 lineup will support PS Now. Eventually the service will expand beyond PlayStation platforms and Sony devices, allowing users to stream PlayStation games on numerous other Internet-connected devices.

SCE's vision for PS Now is to enable users to instantly enjoy a wide range of full games on the Internet-connected consumer electronics devices they use every day. The accessibility of PS Now means, for example, that PS4 users in the living room can continue playing a game on a PS3 system in their bedroom. Or PS Vita users can enjoy instant access to a game wherever there's Wi-Fi connectivity, such as outdoors, then can switch to a supporting BRAVIA® TV's big screen and play the same game after arriving home.

PS Now will offer choice to gamers with how they want to access content. Gamers can rent by title for specific games they are interested in, or they can choose a subscription that delivers additional value with the ability to explore and play many games available across a wide variety of genres. In addition, the service will support many popular PSNSM features such as online multi-player, Trophies, and messages.

"We are thrilled to deliver entertainment experiences only possible from PlayStation through our new streaming game service," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "PS Now will allow users to engage in the world of PlayStation, whether they're existing fans or have never owned a PlayStation platform."

During the 2014 International CES held in Las Vegas from January 7, attendees can visit the Sony booth to have a hands-on experience with the PS Now service for the first time ever. Attendees can enjoy four blockbuster PS3 titles, BEYOND: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us and Puppeteer from SCE Worldwide Studios, on PS Vita or BRAVIA® TV.

Rapstah

I'm also pretty sure Mick Foley at some point in the week thought he was coming to Old School Raw. Said something about re-starting the feud with Ambrose he almost had in 2012.

Ithil

I think Chris Hero said in his shoot that SDR doesn't really want to be. I'm sure if she pushed for it, they'd make her an on-screen character in NXT. But Hero said she's quite happy to be a trainer, and was in fact close to retiring from the indies when WWE came calling.

Still want to see a Finlay type run though.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm also pretty sure Mick Foley at some point in the week thought he was coming to Old School Raw. Said something about re-starting the feud with Ambrose he almost had in 2012.

Nah, he said his son told him Ambrose was a great talker and Mick agreed and that he was contemplating that he would maybe explain what happened to the feud they were scheduled to have in one of his Q&A gigs some day.

Rumor has it Ambrose made a comment about Mick's family and Mick took it the wrong way so he ended the program.

Rapstah

Huh, you'd think Mick would have experience with people calling out his family given how he has written sixteen books and participated in a documentary or two since Cane Dewey.

Xater

Was great seeing Jake back.

Yeah I would like Brock vs Henry way more as well. I don't want to see Big Show ever at this point.

So guys.

I've got an idea.

What do you guys think?

That sounds like a fun idea.

I think we are all going to be severely disappointed when The E announces their network....

Probably, I kinda already expect that it will most likely not be available in my country.

Ithil

Foley already explained what happened in that feud on his DVD from last year, in the extras. They were supposed to have a feud that would build to a match at Summerslam, but then partway into the angle Foley went to see WWE's doctor, and said doctor said Foley was done, for good, and could never wrestle again.

So the angle got killed since there would be no point having it if there was no match to have. Foley said he felt bad about having to leave Ambrose high and dry, and continued to check up on him, and ultimately both of them agreed by last year that the Shield was a better overall way to debut Ambrose anyway, since the Foley feud would only have lasted a couple of months.

The whole "talking about Foley's family" deal was just the public reason given at the time. It was a medical issue.

Aiii

So not worth it
Since PPV streams are allowed in my country, I expect the network to also come here. But I'm prepared for it to be not, which means my first mail after the announcement will be to unblock-us to make them aware of the network and request support when it comes out asap.

Top Bottom