• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

UberTag

Meltzer saying Batista vs Del Rio at Elimination Chamber.

Whhhhyyyy? Vince has a love for a man that gets no heat but doesn't want to put a title on a man that gets a huge reaction because he is short.
I actually have to wonder whether Del Rio will get a better match out of Batista than Orton will.
Because I sort of suspect he will. Orton vs. Batista only gets saved if Brock's involved, IMO.

Kaladin

CM Punk is not impressed.

1528758_10151884571896443_1525204460_n.png

First Raw Viewership of the New Year:

hour 1: 4.723
hour 2: 4.427
hour 3: 4.463

Avg: 4.538

They lost viewers after the first due to the game that did 25 million viewers but the 3rd hour actually went up. They also did better then the Rock return last year. Go figure.

CM Punk the ratings killer. Where is that VinceMyRatings.Gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batista coming back to feud with ADR is to Sunny as Kanyon being resurrected to feud with Miz is to me.

He came (back from the dead) to play.

Konnan comes back, teams with Miz to fight the Young Bucks in a year round best of 104 challenge.

So I just finished watching Wrestle Kingdom 8 and wow. This is the first Japanese program that I've watched in its entirety and I'm so happy I did.

I enjoyed most of the matches. The uppercard was extremely entertaining for me. I also really enjoyed the opening match since I've never seen a match with spots like that before.

The way they present their roster is so fucking awesome to me. Maybe it's because this is all new to me, but it seems like they present people more like warriors/gladiators than wrestlers. Everything about the production of this show impressed me. The camera angles taken during entrances and during matches were great (something I never really find myself saying during WWE programming). Bazooka to the screen to reveal name? fuck yeah. Launching from under the stage onto the ramp? fuck yeah. Nakamura's final boss type entrance got me so hype.

Anyways, this is just my take on the show as whole from a person that's never watched any of their programming and didn't really know what to expect from this Mania-like program. I'm gonna try my best to pay attention to more NJPW this year.

Caught up with RAW a few hours ago, pretty fun! I laughed my ass off at Dean's face when the Snake was on him.

I have no idea what Ryback meant with that Lillian Garcia comment, can anyone explain?

Toki767

How much are we expecting the WWE Network to cost? I'd be in if it's $8 like Netflix. I don't think I'd be willing to pay $15.

was it just me, or was the divas match not that bad this week? especially for something that had both Nikki Bella and Aksana. Aksana with that streak.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
With Del Rio/Batista already set,

This means either
A. Del Rio and Batista are the last 2 in the Rumble, Del Rio wins, and the match is for the spot at Mania.

or

B. which is what I'm betting on, Del Rio gets eliminated by Batista, gets salty, and eliminated Batista from the Rumble illegally which takes Batista out of the WWE title for Mania.

If DB is fighting Taker, then Batista is free for CAAAWWWWW.

With the way ADR is going right now his role in the rumble is to be doing moderately well at the time Batista turns up whereupon he gets immediately eliminated by the animal, then he'll cut an angry promo on Raw and get his ass kicked again.
All of this I'm cool with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Alberto Del Rio the modern day Marc Mero?

I thought Kofi was at first. But I don't know. Del Rio has that 'I think I'm a big deal even though I'm not' thing going on like Mero.

With Del Rio/Batista already set,

This means either
A. Del Rio and Batista are the last 2 in the Rumble, Del Rio wins, and the match is for the spot at Mania.

or

B. which is what I'm betting on, Del Rio gets eliminated by Batista, gets salty, and eliminated Batista from the Rumble illegally which takes Batista out of the WWE title for Mania.

If DB is fighting Taker, then Batista is free for CAAAWWWWW.
ah, yeah, option A is the best. Alberto Del Rio just hasn't had enough chances with World Championships, and Batista is the perfect guy to put him over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's actually perfect.

When Batista was a face, he got title shots every week for no reason and never earned them.
Del Rio as a face or heel gets title shots every week(though not anymore with unified) and never earned them.

jobber

Is Alberto Del Rio the modern day Marc Mero?

I thought Kofi was at first. But I don't know. Del Rio has that 'I think I'm a big deal even though I'm not' thing going on like Mero.

Mero never held any major championships if you don't count golden gloves.

Del Rio went to the Pan Am games and fought in MMA. On top of being one of the selected few to be WWE and WHC (after 3 years of chasing it).

Del Rio is main event talent that's getting lost in the mid-card because of having one title now. Look at all the past WHC that are stuck in shitty feuds now. Dolph, Big Show, Mark Henry, DB, Swagger, Mysterio, Punk..Kane isn't even wrestling on tv anymore....Sandow would probably be champ now if they didn't plan on killing the WHC.

Consolidating the titles suck because all the mid-card talent are pushed to Main Event and Superstars because all the former Raw and Smackdown top tier talent are fighting each other taking up tv time.

Verendus

Banned
What's the chances of the Royal Rumble having a controversial ending? Like no one wins, or whoever does win, doesn't win clean. Then you have Lesnar vs. Orton/Cena at Elimination Chamber for the title and an Elimination Chamber match for the shot at the title at Wrestlemania.

It's a bit too safe and predictable right now. In the past, WWE usually did a nonsensial swerve at this point.

It's a dumb idea.

Edit:

Royal Rumble theme is Furious 6 theme song. The Rock surprise return confirmed. Read it here first.

jobber

It's actually perfect.

When Batista was a face, he got title shots every week for no reason and never earned them.
Del Rio as a face or heel gets title shots every week(though not anymore with unified) and never earned them.

Del Rio never got title shots for no reason. His first title shot was at Extreme Rules when he went through 3 tables.

He won the Rumble the year he faced Edge.

He got stuck with Christian for a month.

Stuck in a shitty relapse feud with a dick Sheamus.

Won the WWE title on a cash in.

He had a match with MIZ and Punk at TLC because he had a rematch clause.

to be honest, was never given a title shot except that time he beat Big Show.

Royal Rumble theme is Furious 6 theme song. The Rock surprise return confirmed. Read it here first.
i'm surprised the cast of F&F never guest hosted a Raw, come to think of it

Mero never held any major championships if you don't count golden gloves.

Del Rio went to the Pan Am games and fought in MMA. On top of being one of the selected few to be WWE and WHC (after 3 years of chasing it).

Del Rio is main event talent that's getting lost in the mid-card because of having one title now. Look at all the past WHC that are stuck in shitty feuds now. Dolph, Big Show, Mark Henry, DB, Swagger, Mysterio, Punk..Kane isn't even wrestling on tv anymore....Sandow would probably be champ now if they didn't plan on killing the WHC.

Consolidating the titles suck because all the mid-card talent are pushed to Main Event and Superstars because all the former Raw and Smackdown top tier talent are fighting each other taking up tv time.
everyone is in a shitty feud now, past WHC or not. ADR is an upper midcard talent stuck in the upper midcard. hell, they probably decided to consolidate after his completely unmemorable-yet-lengthy runs as champion.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
So I just finished watching Wrestle Kingdom 8 and wow. This is the first Japanese program that I've watched in its entirety and I'm so happy I did.

I enjoyed most of the matches. The uppercard was extremely entertaining for me. I also really enjoyed the opening match since I've never seen a match with spots like that before.

The way they present their roster is so fucking awesome to me. Maybe it's because this is all new to me, but it seems like they present people more like warriors/gladiators than wrestlers. Everything about the production of this show impressed me. The camera angles taken during entrances and during matches were great (something I never really find myself saying during WWE programming). Bazooka to the screen to reveal name? fuck yeah. Launching from under the stage onto the ramp? fuck yeah. Nakamura's final boss type entrance got me so hype.

Anyways, this is just my take on the show as whole from a person that's never watched any of their programming and didn't really know what to expect from this Mania-like program. I'm gonna try my best to pay attention to more NJPW this year.

Yeah, they really go all out for Wrestle Kingdom, but this year's was insane. I wasn't expecting a lot of the stuff. As much as I liked last year's event better, production wise this years was the best WK they've put out yet. Now if they can get an English commentary team and deal with some of the music issues I can see NJPW getting more of a following.

jobber

i'm surprised the cast of F&F never guest hosted a Raw, come to think of it

everyone is in a shitty feud now, past WHC or not. ADR is an upper midcard talent stuck in the upper midcard. hell, they probably decided to consolidate after his completely unmemorable-yet-lengthy runs as champion.

psssh

His last match with RVD was awesome. Losing Ricardo probably lost his popularity. TBH, I don't even know who he beat to win the title. Couldn't be Big Show because that was before he turned heel again.

oh yeah..he beat Mr. Perfect after kicking him in the head....which shouldn't be a heel turn because Perfect cashed in on him.

UberTag

What's the chances of the Royal Rumble having a controversial ending? Like no one wins, or whoever does win, doesn't win clean. Then you have Lesnar vs. Orton/Cena at Elimination Chamber for the title and an Elimination Chamber match for the shot at the title at Wrestlemania.

It's a bit too safe and predictable right now. In the past, WWE usually did a nonsensial swerve at this point.

It's a dumb idea.

Edit:

Royal Rumble to WrestleMania booking has been deadly dull, obvious and transparent for several years now. The last time it wasn't was 2009 when Edge wrestled both Elimination Chamber matches in the same night. (Although you could make an argument for 2010 when Edge was surprise Rumble entrant and won.)

Verendus

Banned
Royal Rumble to WrestleMania booking has been deadly dull, obvious and transparent for several years now. The last time it wasn't was 2009 when Edge wrestled both Elimination Chamber matches in the same night. (Although you could make an argument for 2010 when Edge was surprise Rumble entrant and won.)
Last lead ups I remember, you had Cena's surprise return in 2008 and then him cashing his shot at No Way Out. In 2009, you had the Elimination Chamber switcheroo like you mentioned. In 2010, Edge returned and won. Though I kind of saw that coming but it was still a surprise.

2007 was obvious with Undertaker. So was 2005. 2006 I thought either Rey or Orton would win and Rey won setting up the triple threat.

Last year was obvious for Cena because of the rematch with The Rock. I didn't watch the other years Rumbles.

This just seems too predictable. They're hyping a return weeks before. There are no other big name superstars like Cena or Undertaker or Lesnar in the match. There has to be a swerve somewhere. Personally, I hope not since I'm fine with Batista winning, but I'm half expecting some stupid booking.

Hey Strobogo, if it's easier for you maybe just share your login and password for WWE Now with me? I'm letting you know in advance so you can make a unique login and password, that way you'll know I can't hack your other accounts.

Come on, what do you say?

tm24

A little late, but i don't care. Lucha awards for 2013

GIF OF THE YEAR

nECgztj.gif

8rf7kF2.gif

pfA1owp.gif

Dive of the year

5. Aerostar is crazy
oYtIlEx.gif

4. Still crazy
87Oux26.gif

3. But's no Mascara Dorada
XqQ11SH.gif

2Does so much
tumblr_mxqhvu5k2g1rfkseho1_250.gif

1. Seriously, he's a fucking wizard
CUfTa0i.gif

LUCHADOR OF THE YEAR

3rd: Titan
mUAzY.jpg

From rising star to the best booked luchador in Mexico. Completely upped his game and had amazing matches. Went to Japan, impressed NJPW, won titles, lost titles, won them. So good

Best matches

Pólvora vs Titán for the CMLL World Welterweight Championship
Averno vs Titan (1st match)
Averno vs Titan (2nd match)

Titan vs Negro Casas

2. Negro Casas
iQOecJU.jpg

Negro Casas is 53 years old. Let that sink in. And he's wrestling the same exact match he has been for well over 30 years. It's amazing. He can do the maestro match, the brawl and work against high fliers. I would argue that he is the best wrestler in the world right now.

Best matches (he's in everyone else's best matches too!)

Negro Casas vs Valiente for the NWA World Welterweight Championship
Negro Casas vs Máscara Dorada for the NWA World Welterweight Championship
Luchador of the Year: Rush

D5u6bGh.jpg

No one came close to entertaining me as much as Rush this year. His transformation from semi-rudo pretty boy Cena to brawling mad man murderer only cemented that he is the future of CMLL. He went straight into fuck you mode anything he was put up against Negro Casas or Shocker. Then he went into straight up crazy territory by taking Benoit's theme that resulted at the funniest twitter exchanges during the 80th anniversary show. Seriously. His feud with Casas is pretty much old school lucha which is so welcome.

Rush's best matches

Shocker/Negro Casas/Terrible vs Rush/Maximo/Rey Relevos Incredible

Terrible vs Rush for the CMLL World Heavyweight Championship

Negro Casas vs Rush vs Shocker

Rush vs Shocker

Rush vs Nakamura

Match of the Year

5. Dr Wagner Jr vs LA PARK
Wagner and Park decide to kill each other, the fans love it and great production values that somehow manages to track the madness. This is amazing

4. Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. vs Namajague & Okumura (Hair/Mask vs Mask/Hair)

Rey Comete and Namajague was such a great combo for 2013 and it culminates here. There's a reason I'm so excited for El Desperado
3. La Sombra vs Volador Jr Mask vs Mask

It's a testament to this match that they somehow got the fans back into it after they pretty much near rioted. They worked their asses off to get the crowd into the match and despite the outcome being obvious, was still another excellent match in the best rivalry in lucha

2. Negro Casas vs Máscara Dorada for the NWA World Welterweight Championship

Man, this reminds me of the old lucha cruisers vs lucha big guys of the 90s, with the hilarious part is that the lucha big guy of the 90s is the same guy. Negro just works so well with a high flier and Dorada just does his thing and it's magic

MATCH OF THE YEAR Averno vs Titan
I pimped this match last match and it's so goddamn amazing. A lucha match with storytelling, spots leading into something bigger and all finishing off into Titan easily being set up to be the best luchador on the planet

psssh

His last match with RVD was awesome. Losing Ricardo probably lost his popularity. TBH, I don't even know who he beat to win the title. Couldn't be Big Show because that was before he turned heel again.

oh yeah..he beat Mr. Perfect after kicking him in the head....which shouldn't be a heel turn because Perfect cashed in on him.
I don't even remember his RVD matches. I tune out of most RVD matches. Now, his match with Christian at SS, that was awesome. His feud with Big Show was the only time I was really into Del Rio. Losing RR was the thing that got most people disinterested in him, but it's not like that many people were into him before.

him beating Ziggler by working the head was pretty fair, though

jobber

I don't even remember his RVD matches. I tune out of most RVD matches. Now, his match with Christian at SS, that was awesome. His feud with Big Show was the only time I was really into Del Rio. Losing RR was the thing that got most people disinterested in him, but it's not like that many people were into him before.

him beating Ziggler by working the head was pretty fair, though

I think his last match with RVD was extreme rules.

Strobogo, I know your worried that I'm going to mess up your queue and recommendations but I've already planned for that. I wont add anything to the queue and I promise not to watch stuff like Sable's evening gown match or the Nitro Girls calendar photo shoot video without your permission first.

Top Bottom