• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

I imagine that they'll have some issues with the WWE network when it comes to Canada. Canadian broadcast standards force all content carriers to have a minimum of Canadian produced content available and this standard carries over to paid web content providers as well (meaning we get a watered down Netflix and no Hulu/Amazon streaming).

I'd hope they can figure out a workaround or just stock the thing to the gills with Stampede Wrestling in order to get some content on.

Aiii

So not worth it
I imagine that they'll have some issues with the WWE network when it comes to Canada. Canadian broadcast standards force all content carriers to have a minimum of Canadian produced content available and this standard carries over to paid web content providers as well (meaning we get a watered down Netflix and no Hulu/Amazon streaming).

I'd hope they can figure out a workaround or just stock the thing to the gills with Stampede Wrestling in order to get some content on.

Can't they use their Canadian arena live shows and PPV's?

strobogo

Banned

iqvcKjJT6zIde.gif

ibdGYcvc3jnRGt.gif

Yeah. Tons of Stampede. Sounds great.

Anth0ny

So guys.

I've got an idea.

When the network launches with all of the back catalogue of Raw and Smackdown, do we want to organize a group re-watch year by year? We can set aside a specific time to go through the episodes and do it like we're watch Raw live each week here, or we can just have a week where we discuss certain episodes or whatever.

What do you guys think?

Here's an idea

Every Monday night at 8PM we watch an old episode of Raw

think about it

Surge

So guys.

I've got an idea.

When the network launches with all of the back catalogue of Raw and Smackdown, do we want to organize a group re-watch year by year? We can set aside a specific time to go through the episodes and do it like we're watch Raw live each week here, or we can just have a week where we discuss certain episodes or whatever.

What do you guys think?

I'm in if DirecTV picks it up.

Can't they use their Canadian arena live shows and PPV's?

Probably not.

What is Canadian Program Certification?

Following extensive consultation with both the Canadian film and television industries, as well as other interested parties, the Commission developed a set of criteria to define a “Canadian” program. Programs that meet these criteria will be certified as Canadian.

Once certified, such programs may be claimed against Canadian program exhibition requirements.
In general, the Commission will certify a program or series that meets each of the following criterion:
  • the producer is Canadian, controls and is the central decision-maker of the production from beginning to end and any person fulfilling a producer-related function is Canadian;
  • the production earns a minimum of 6 points (out of a possible 10) based on the key creative functions being performed by Canadians, with at least one of the director or screenwriter positions and at least one of the two lead performers being Canadian;
  • a minimum of 75% of the production’s services costs incurred to produce the production are paid to Canadians; and
  • at least 75% of the production’s post-production and laboratory costs are paid for services provided in Canada by Canadians or Canadian companies.

Maybe they can pretend that Jack Tunney was really in charge of everything and never left. :(

Yeah. Tons of Stampede. Sounds great.

Why did you watch some random 70s bullshit and not something featuring anyone talented? You're the architect of your own misery.

DMczaf

Internet newz

- There is heat on Ryback as there's been continued complaints about him being reckless in the ring. This is one of the reasons his pushes have been curtailed in the past year. As noted, he gave Dolph Ziggler a concussion from a stiff clothesline at last night's Superstars taping. Word is that Ziggler's concussion is not a mild one.

I don't think we'll be seeing Ryback at Raw After WM.

G-Fex

so we can access WWE Network on the net like Netflix?

Sounds awesome.

I say we all tune into Nitro every monday.

Join me guys, and we can cheer for our hero sting.

And finally find out whose side he's really on.

jmdajr

so we can access WWE Network on the net like Netflix?

Sounds awesome.

I say we all tune into Nitro every monday.

Join me guys, and we can cheer for our hero sting.

And finally find out whose side he's really on.
Espn dude is asking for Sting to do a motivational speech for Carolina Panthers

Into

So the exact moment that Ryback made that comment in regards to Lilian Garcia/horse, did everyone not just imagine Vince and especially Hunter just giggling uncontrollably?

I like how after Ryback was forced to say his lines, he sort of smiled then immediately turned into a blank face like he was ashamed of the crap they make him say.

strobogo

Banned
Probably not.

Maybe they can pretend that Jack Tunney was really in charge of everything and never left. :(

Why did you watch some random 70s bullshit and not something featuring anyone talented? You're the architect of your own misery.

It was the only thing I could find. I would have much preferred early-mid 80s. Or even dying days with Owen on top.

Ithil

So the exact moment that Ryback made that comment in regards to Lilian Garcia/horse, did everyone not just imagine Vince and especially Hunter just giggling uncontrollably?

I like how after Ryback was forced to say his lines, he sort of smiled then immediately turned into a blank face like he was ashamed of the crap they make him say.

Vince justifies just blatantly insulting/bullying his employees on live TV for their looks by saying it's "a rib".

UberTag

Vince justifies just blatantly insulting/bullying his employees on live TV for their looks by saying it's "a rib".
He pays them good money.

If he wants to emasculate Vickie on TV by having all of his underlings call her fat or call Lilian Garcia a horse-face or call Daniel Bryan a vegan freak that shouldn't be respected, he can do so all he wants.

I'm sure that'll work wonders for Linda's next political campaign, too.

Xater

Fuck Brock's scream!

Speaking of Brock, it's weird that he has sponsors on his shirt. He must have a very special deal with WWE.

So I'm continuing this stupid quest to watch all movies with wrestlers in it/wrestler cameos and I decided to watch Spring Breakers today.

I almost wanna do some Stro like reviews, but not of the movies. Only of the parts with wrestlers. Seems incredibly stupid, so it makes sense. Doing a review of Jeff Jarrett as a pastor just seems......right.

I unfortunately can't make gifs cause I'm too stupid, so fuck this idea.

Kaladin

So since there seems to be some interest in doing a group re-watch of WWE Network content, do we want to

select a night to watch it and we all post like we're watching it live

or

select a few episodes each week and post about those episodes as we watch them during the week, as we want to.

Either option could be fun or a hot mess depending on participation. I know I'll be watching old school raws a lot when this thing launches though. If they launch with other promotions represented too, I'll be throwing some of that in the mix.

G-Fex

So since there seems to be some interest in doing a group re-watch of WWE Network content, do we want to

or

select a few episodes each week and post about those episodes as we watch them during the week, as we want to.

Either option could be fun or a hot mess depending on participation. I know I'll be watching old school raws a lot when this thing launches though. If they launch with other promotions represented too, I'll be throwing some of that in the mix.

it'll never work, it'll be like history repeating again.

when we watched streams of WCW, people nagged and complained about us talking about the show instead of 'current' news and events.

it'll just be the same old crap

or

I say make a thread to get more people participating. This is definitely one of the times where a venture into OT is completely appropriate.

Fuck Brock's scream!

Speaking of Brock, it's weird that he has sponsors on his shirt. He must have a very special deal with WWE.

I would totally buy a Brock Lesnar shirt except the official WWE merchandise doesn't have the Jimmy John's seal of approval.

ObrOQ.gif

Aiii

So not worth it

when we watched streams of WCW, people nagged and complained about us talking about the show instead of 'current' news and events.

I don't think that is this WrassleGAF's way anymore.

I could be wrong, but I don't think many here would complain.

Kaladin

That's why we do a new thread for it this time. Instead of our own stream, it'll be the WWE Network community.

Kind of like how there is a Netflix community thread just for opinions on stuff on Netflix.

I don't think that is this WrassleGAF's way anymore.

I could be wrong, but I don't think many here would complain.

I remember that. I don't think that there would be a problem these days. Especially if it is a time and date that people agree upon.

somedevil

Meltzer saying Batista vs Del Rio at Elimination Chamber.

Whhhhyyyy? Vince has a love for a man that gets no heat but doesn't want to put a title on a man that gets a huge reaction because he is short.

Verendus

Banned
Meltzer saying Batista vs Del Rio at Elimination Chamber.

Whhhhyyyy? Vince has a love for a man that gets no heat but doesn't want to put a title on a man that gets a huge reaction because he is short.
Del Rio is probably going to be squashed in 5 minutes.

I'd rather Bryan isn't reduced to such a state. Even from what little I've seen of him, he deserves better.

Del Rio is like an upper mid-carder. Let him bleed.

Top Bottom