• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Rapstah

In today's Smackdown, they apparently had time to fake pops for the entire show (consistently using "oooh" instead of "woo" as the reaction for knife-edge chops) but they did not remove the part in the first match where they accidentally cut to the wrong cameras three times and you hear production people talking about someone's headset not working.

Great effort.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They just need to get Eve back to form a stable of "we got really, really good right before we left last time" stable. Goldust can join after he turns on Cody.

Carnby

You knew cable companies would be pissed when they are losing out on 30 million dollars a year. What did you expect? Most cable companies will probably drop the ppvs. They've killed their own ppv business with this. They better hope this network works for them. By the way Vince is meeting with talent before Raw to discuss how this affects their ppv bonuses.

Bobo...We've had enough of your crying.

If all the PPV's will be broadcasted by WWE Network... Are they still be called "Pay-Per-Views"?
Because technically, we are not paying for watching a PPV, we are subscribed to a total package of content.

What else would you call it (no sarcasm)? Month end specials?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bobo...We've had enough of your crying.
Seriously. Bobo, I'm usually all for shitting on the WWE, but you can be more out of touch than they are. The WWE network as is has far more appeal than a traditional network, which would have likely died in a few years. This still could, but it's far better for the fans, and has a better chance of appealing to modern day tastes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Seriously. Bobo, I'm usually all for shitting on the WWE, but you can be more out of touch than they are. The WWE network as is has far more appeal than a traditional network, which would have likely died in a few years. This still could, but it's far better for the fans, and has a better chance of appealing to modern day tastes.

Think of how much Kane there is going to be even on day one. He's in almost every PPV for 15 years.

DMczaf

Segregation today. Segregation tomorrow. Segregation forever!

now-then-forever-wwe-o.gif

Laserfrog

I hope there's a TJ Hooker network soon, so I can pay $9.99 to watch every episode of TJ Hooker ever and all that money would go to making new episodes of TJ Hooker. The Shat has still got it.

Rapstah

Big E Langston's "explosiveness" is going to evolve to him being booked to John Cena 2007 no-sell everything to get a finisher off and we're all going to hate it in 2018.

RBH

I saw Dr. Sampson walking down the hallway of my school yesterday, dressed in a suit (which he never did while he was here previously).

No joke, it looked like he was doing the Vince McMahon strut.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Owen Hart is the one you want to look for for a decent sharpshooter. I remember Austin also doing it pretty well.

UberTag

Even I'm positive about the WWE Network and I just show up on Monday nights to make backhand comments about RAW without actually watching it.

Big E Langston's "explosiveness" is going to evolve to him being booked to John Cena 2007 no-sell everything to get a finisher off and we're all going to hate it in 2018.
I can deal with this if he gets booked like a legit badass when he turns heel and brings back the 5-count gimmick from NXT.

jred2k

We're going to need to create a strobogo clock displaying his various levels of love and disgust with pro wrasslin'. If he goes through enough cycles a bandanna will magically appear on his head.

strobogo

Banned

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The power of the network is amazing. New Generation review requests went from NO! FLAT NO!/dissapointed gifs to Possibly in a few days.

My favourite part of the strobogo cycle is when he breaks down and watches some CZW or XPW.

I don't think you've reviewed an IWA-MS show yet, stro - how about one of the King of the Deathmatches? You'd like '05. That's the one where some 'tard got cut up so bad in the first round the hospital he was rushed to called the police to get it shut down.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The only way they could screw up the network is if they make the same mistake that they made with On Demand. Add content too slowly. On Demand would get like one PPV a month. Only PPVs of WCW ECW and WWE will be available immediately, and I'm not sure how many RAWs or SD's. They have to add things quickly.

Penguin

The only way they could screw up the network is if they make the same mistake that they made with On Demand. Add content too slowly. On Demand would get like one PPV a month. Only PPVs of WCW ECW and WWE will be available immediately, and I'm not sure how many RAWs or SD's. They have to add things quickly.

The WORST thing about On-Demand was they would never put up PPVs that were timed with the Raw/Nitros they put up.

It was always such an odd oversight to me.

Also need to bring back Legends of Wrestling roundtables.

I thought when Austin came out, he was gonna announce something along those lines since he hosts his podcast

Top Bottom