• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

mouserat

Neo Member
dropkicks?

482425-sparky_plugg_large.jpg

Anyone else expect Camacho to be gone anyday now? It seemed him and Hunico were getting a revival on NXT but now Hunicara is back then Camacho is all lonely again :(

Anyone ever notice CM Punk does some of the worst 'dropkicks' in the WWE? Why has no one else noticed this?
his "clothesline" to set up the elbow is more of a push with his arm
can we talk about this turd?

184.jpg

no-one seems to mention him, but he's the elephant in the room. this fat personality vacuum is going over main roster stars weekly on NXT, is wrestling dark matches and house shows, and is sure to be a callup pretty soon. and the dude is being booked as a monster too, squashing all in his path. HE IS WORTHLESS. I have never hated a wrestler more. he's not actually terrible in the ring but good god no-one cares one bit about him. NXT is a great chance to acid test your future stars, but the guy doesn't even get Bo Dallas heat, he gets bathroom break silence; and yet all the signs are there that he will be elevated and go through a monster heel push. he'll squash all your favourites, yet the signs all point to him being another Seamus/Tensai/Drew McIntryre/Ryback ad infinitum.

amongst all this positivity to do with the network, I would like to state on record: I fucking hate Alexander Rusev and he will never amount to anything.
he's got no character outside of "big foreigner," but he's an alright big man. i don't hate him yet because of everyone he's beaten i only care about Enzo & Cass. he should throw around heel kicks more often like in that match with Ziggler

Vylash

When was the last time WWE straight up fired someone? I know people have asked to be released, and they let people's contracts run out, but when was the last time someone was flat out fired?

I love that such goddamn blasphemy like bashing on #TeamOkada turned into a NJPW GifOff

Bonus points for it starting with Okada blatantly ignoring Dipshit McMyKneeHurts

There was Kenneth Cameron, Connor O'Brian's original partner in the Ascension. he got busted for a DUI I think and they let that dude go. I remember because then they tried giving Conor O'Brian a singles push, and it sucked.

When was the last time WWE straight up fired someone? I know people have asked to be released, and they let people's contracts run out, but when was the last time someone was flat out fired?

My belief is that Vince thinks he only has 10 employed wrestlers. Whenever I see Vince interact with somebody like Zack Ryder I get legit shook

Okada's won MVP two years running, a feat only accomplished by Inoki, Tsuruta & Tenryu. I'd be entirely surprised if he proved to be a flash in the pan, but it's possible, I guess. Shinsuke struggled for a while after his initial push, Okada could find it difficult to top his early successes as well. I doubt it, though. #TeamOkada

ibxGJGOEo9MKET.gif

mouserat

Neo Member
he's got no character outside of "big foreigner," but he's an alright big man. i don't hate him yet because of everyone he's beaten i only care about Enzo & Cass. he should throw around heel kicks more often like in that match with Ziggler

I actually think he works pretty well for a dude of his size, but his moveset (spinning heel kick aside) blows, his personality blows, and I just have a horrible feeling that someone (HHH?) has a huge boner for him, and it's not going to be long before I'm slamming my head into my desk when his music plays on RAW. I can't think of any NXT wrestlers I've seen booked so strongly against actual main roster guys, in fact I don't know if he's been beaten since Ziggler. hopefully my gut is wrong, but I can really see this guy getting a big push despite a very negative reaction.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So I just turned on Smackdown and hadnt watch WWE in months....Why is D Brine with the Wyatt family? The new age outlaws are back? I heard Jake the fuckin Snake was back!

Is.....is Gangrel back at least? Brood?

mouserat

Neo Member
they tried giving Conor O'Brian a singles push, and it sucked.

was he using a flapjack as a finisher? if so I remember that, and it was horrible beyond words. mind you, the Ascension is horrible beyond words too and they look like they'll get a big push too. argh.

I actually think he works pretty well for a dude of his size, but his moveset (spinning heel kick aside) blows, his personality blows, and I just have a horrible feeling that someone (HHH?) has a huge boner for him, and it's not going to be long before I'm slamming my head into my desk when his music plays on RAW. I can't think of any NXT wrestlers I've seen booked so strongly against actual main roster guys, in fact I don't know if he's been beaten since Ziggler. hopefully my gut is wrong, but I can really see this guy getting a big push despite a very negative reaction.
now that you mention it, you're right, but he hasn't been facing any top guys... yet. the most notable wins he has are Kofi and Woods; Ohno put him over because he was on the outs. but yeah, I liked him when he debuted, but he's done nothing interesting since
was he using a flapjack as a finisher? if so I remember that, and it was horrible beyond words. mind you, the Ascension is horrible beyond words too and they look like they'll get a big push too. argh.
yeah, and he also had a grounded submission thing too. they're bad. it's worse when you realize Konnor is actually the better guy on the team

Guzim

For those watching SD, we never said "Miz TV" along with Miz. Stop trying to get him over with post-production.

Haha. I was thinking that WWE had to add it in since it seemed like The Miz kept waiting for the crowd to say Miz TV. Even Cole's commentary when Bryan came out to attack the Usos sounded like it was added in post-production.

184.jpg

no-one seems to mention him, but he's the elephant in the room. this fat personality vacuum is going over main roster stars weekly on NXT, is wrestling dark matches and house shows, and is sure to be a callup pretty soon. and the dude is being booked as a monster too, squashing all in his path. HE IS WORTHLESS. I have never hated a wrestler more. he's not actually terrible in the ring but good god no-one cares one bit about him. NXT is a great chance to acid test your future stars, but the guy doesn't even get Bo Dallas heat, he gets bathroom break silence; and yet all the signs are there that he will be elevated and go through a monster heel push. he'll squash all your favourites, yet the signs all point to him being another Seamus/Tensai/Drew McIntryre/Ryback ad infinitum.

amongst all this positivity to do with the network, I would like to state on record: I fucking hate Alexander Rusev and he will never amount to anything.

Cena's next opponent for the main event of a C-tier PPV.

somedevil

Haha. I was thinking that WWE had to add it in since it seemed like The Miz kept waiting for the crowd to say Miz TV. Even Cole's commentary when Bryan came out to attack the Usos sounded like it was added in post-production.

I think they do that because either they don't like the original commentary or change it to fit the storyline because its updated after the taping.

Also, got to say that Rollins has improved greatly as a promo that isn't a crutch for him at all. Now its up to Neville to do the same at NXT.

Ozone

Yeah, the editing on this was super bizarre. But to be fair, the crowd was dead until the main event because 1) it's SmackDown, and 2) it was -4 degrees outside.

Alucard

Banned
In case it hasn't been posted...

Impact scored a 1.14 rating, its biggest in 6 months.

I fucking knew it. LOL. A day later, I have to say that there actually was a story from the beginning until the end of the episode, but that main event just left a bad taste in my mouth.

184.jpg

He's ok he's not really on the level of Ryback, Big Show or Khali bad. The Ziggler match actually impressed me i went in thinking oh god "a big guy" this is gonna suck but it was actually decent. Plus he has such a shitty/ridiculous gimmick but is working with it.

jred2k

184.jpg

Yeah the guy is an entertainment vacuum and the fact that he gets such a push just makes it worse. He feels like the kind of guy that would have been around in the early 90's and had his name be The ________. When he was doing the board snapping it felt like it went on forever.

But can Cena even lift such an untamed beast for an attitude adjustment?! sounds like some tall odds to overcome

If he can manage to call Rusev's valet a whore, win her over with his charms, and steal a kiss, then it just might be enough to make Rusev lose focus long enough to lock in the STF.

jred2k

If he can manage to call Rusev's valet a whore, win her over with his charms, and steal a kiss, then it just might be enough to make Rusev lose focus long enough to lock in the STF.

Plus, hes European. That alone give Cena about 3 months worth of material.

Do Bulgarians even know about Hustle, Loyalty, or Respect?

184.jpg

Him and The Ascension are my least favourite elements of NXT after A-Ry. They seem to be on every week, have no personalities or charisma, aren't exciting in the ring and there's never any point to their matches because they always win. The fact they always seem to be on the shows and never have any kind of development or feuds beyond a guy/team they beat every week just kills the momentum of NXT for me.

Plus, hes European. That alone give Cena about 3 months worth of material.

Do Bulgarians even know about Hustle, Loyalty, or Respect?

I can picture Rusev winning the WWE title from Cena only to lose it to him in the rematch. That plus Cena beating Orton at the Rumble will give him 2 more championship reigns!

Ozone

This editing on commentary is fucking WEIRD. Cole is dubbed over about the Network, then JBL replies by saying he agrees the WWE Title rematch is going to be good.

What is even happening?

Before Cena can get to Rusev, he has to overcome the odds against Randall at the Rumble. I know Cena gave his word, which carries a lot of wieght, to give Daniel Bryan a title shot next but come on, who are we kidding, Bryan's done.

Bryan's in the Wyatt Family, following the buzzards and finding sister Abigail, whatever the hell that means. You know, the Wyatt Family, the guys that kidnap people and then release them. Like Kane.

Wyatt Family, so hot right now, Wyatt Family.

Man I can't take Bobo's cynicism on the Network. Like the company and guy who pioneered and succeeded with closed circuit, PPV, and weekly episodic TV doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to how to present and sell their product to people.

You're seeing it like "$60 vs $10 a month" in their bank when it's more like "$10 vs $10 a month." They didn't take home that whole $60, and they're going to get way, way more buys now.

Kaladin

Anthony Nese vs Trent Baretta for the Full Impact Pro World Heavyweight Championship is up first on Evolve 25. It's been a good one so far.

Man I can't take Bobo's cynicism on the Network. Like the company and guy who pioneered and succeeded with closed circuit, PPV, and weekly episodic TV doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to how to present and sell their product to people.

You're seeing it like "$60 vs $10 a month" in their bank when it's more like "$10 vs $10 a month." They didn't take home that whole $60, and they're going to get way, way more buys now.

He also brought you the WBF, XFL, and Tout. Maybe BoboBrazil is right and this is the end. Hopefully Alexander Rusev debuts before then.

Top Bottom